Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

I just find it a bit of an odd approach especially for a championship team. 

Chelsea are wounded and you’ve got nothing to lose and you turn up with a back 5 plus two defensive midfielders! 

...you have to play the "Low Block" with a lot of discipline and counter well, when you set up like this!!!

Was bigging him up earlier telling my lad he'll be the future of Leicester City and we excitedly turned the game on at about 40 mins to see him testing himself against the best...  lad asked "which one is he WHICH ONE IS HE??" Not knowing his number and with a zoomed out shot I  struggled to find him.  "is that him dad?" "IS THAT HIM DAD?" - I thought "I hope not because they all look utter dross."

Then one Luton player bypassed the whole Chelsea midfield with one pivot move and played a glorious pass out wide, I confidently told him without checking anything else "that's Dewsbury-Hall ... and I was right! Looked a cut above the rest, even the Chelsea midfielders at times 

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 2

Agree with Collymore. I only caught the last 15min of the game as it was on a god awful early time here in California. Long enough to see our young Fox on the ball and making things happen. He's in good company at Luton and I reckon he will come back to us an even better player like the way Barnes came back after his loan spell. These are exciting times indeed to be a fox fan :chant:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

Youri, gtf? Esteban? Arteta? Fabregas? Hoijberg? I could go on. All not the quickest and some down right slow lol  If his brain and feet are quick enough ... pace won’t matter playing centrally. 

Tielemans isn’t that quick either...

Edit: ah yes that would be the Youri part...

Edited by MPH

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Makes sense. Don't want to drag him away from regular first team football to just make up our numbers.

could have called him back before the deadline in the contract had a look at him in training and sent him back if he felt he wasn't ready

Edited by Jimmy
  • Haha 1

Yeh as long as he doesn't come back to us injured I'm really excited for his continued development and the player he ha the potential to become for us next season. If he develops anything close to Barnes I'll take it! For now lets move on and let him do his thang. 

7 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

Will be a like new signing. The actual type of signing the club likes as well. Young raw improving Players. 

Could save the club a decent chunk. If we forked out £8m for JJ (money well spent) then I'd expect to need something far exceeding that for Luton to agree (if they held his contract). 

Another one of our own. A good summer pre-season and we might have a new star. :fc:

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Could save the club a decent chunk. If we forked out £8m for JJ (money well spent) then I'd expect to need something far exceeding that for Luton to agree (if they held his contract). 

Another one of our own. A good summer pre-season and we might have a new star. :fc:

You’d imagine given what players have gone for from the division before and his age that if he was Luton’s player they would want 20m. 

• Like 1

So next season KDH and Praet are our backup attacking midfielders. We'd need Europa or CL to keep them both happy. And I think Praet expressed discontent with the amount of minutes he played this season, unless I'm not mindlessly going by comments on this forum without bothering to check, which is likely.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

So next season KDH and Praet are our backup attacking midfielders. We'd need Europa or CL to keep them both happy. And I think Praet expressed discontent with the amount of minutes he played this season, unless I'm not mindlessly going by comments on this forum without bothering to check, which is likely.

I think Praet was not happy last season but I haven’t heard anything negative this season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Praet was more peeved that whenever madders got injured and he was starting games, he was quickly put back on the bench when madders recovered despite how well he was playing, and he was playing well in some spells.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Praet was more peeved that whenever madders got injured and he was starting games, he was quickly put back on the bench when madders recovered despite how well he was playing, and he was playing well in some spells.

It's going to happen though isn't it. The team lacks goal scorers. Maddison on a off-day offers goals. Praet on a good day doesn't necessarily.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It's going to happen though isn't it. The team lacks goal scorers. Maddison on a off-day offers goals. Praet on a good day doesn't necessarily.

That's true. I've always loved Praet, but as time has gone on I'm doubting him as Maddison's backup for next season especially with europe. We need someone with his technical skills which are very good, but someone who can spray the ball about with some class.

25 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Always going to happen with a fully fit squad. What's going to happen when Castagne and Fofana return? That's why some managers (Bielsa) like a  small squad (risky) but others manage a big squad which is essential if the club is competing on several fronts. I think that most players understand that, they're paid enough to ensure they are professional about it and be ready to play if called upon. It's always been the way since it became a squad game. 

• Like 1

With Praet out , we feel two midfielders short.  KDH's return will make a difference.  I suspect we will sign someone.  I hope we keep Choudhury.  Personally, I think Mendy may become surplus to requirements.  If we have enough homegrown players (Choudhury and KDH obviously count), then N"Didi, Maddison, Tielemans, Praet, Choudhury, KDH and a new signing would be real strength on depth in midfield.  However, keeping them all happy and indeed keeping them could be issues