Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

Ah right I wondered why Vardy was playing so many matches I assumed both Nacho and Daka were both involved in it, still don't get it either way why the workload wasn't spread more evenly, if anything Nacho should of played the most minutes of the 3.

Nacho had Covid and an illness before that which is why he missed the Napoli, Newcastle, Liverpool games. Daka did his hamstring against Liverpool in the League cup 

10 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Ah right I wondered why Vardy was playing so many matches I assumed both Nacho and Daka were both involved in it, still don't get it either way why the workload wasn't spread more evenly, if anything Nacho should of played the most minutes of the 3.

Vardy would have come off vs Liverpool in both games but we’d used all our subs. He also didn’t play vs Man City. 

The tactics vs Liverpool to use pace with Daka and Vardy upfront against their defensive high line were spot on, injuries mucked things up. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

19 minutes ago, turlo said:

Nacho had Covid and an illness before that which is why he missed the Napoli, Newcastle, Liverpool games. Daka did his hamstring against Liverpool in the League cup 

Your missing the point aside from the first 4-5 games where Vardy started well there was ample opportunity to rest him before December when those matches took place, we knew Nacho was off in Jan and yet persistented with Vardy until he got injured, this particular injury seemed preventable with better rotation. Daka didn't start a prem game until Villa in December, Vardy may not be able to play 2 games a week, but I'm sure Daka and Nacho could, just because JV is the main man he could easily have had a break at some point. 

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Vardy would have come off vs Liverpool in both games but we’d used all our subs. He also didn’t play vs Man City. 

The tactics vs Liverpool to use pace with Daka and Vardy upfront against their defensive high line were spot on, injuries mucked things up. 

There is always a fixture pile up in Dec/Jan irrespective of Covid, we knew Nacho was off, im not saying it because JV is injured I was frustrated before that Nacho and JV weren't getting more mins in the prem, keeping Vardy fresher for this period, it just seemed poor planning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

Your missing the point aside from the first 4-5 games where Vardy started well there was ample opportunity to rest him before December when those matches took place, we knew Nacho was off in Jan and yet persistented with Vardy until he got injured, this particular injury seemed preventable with better rotation. 

He's been rotated with Daka and/or Nacho in the midweek games all season so he only plays once a week. . He didn't start the last two EPL games against Villa and Newcastle before the Christmas fixtures either so had over 2 weeks rest before the Liverpool league cup game. That's plenty of rotation. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

There is always a fixture pile up in Dec/Jan irrespective of Covid, we knew Nacho was off, im not saying it because JV is injured I was frustrated before that Nacho and JV weren't getting more mins in the prem, keeping Vardy fresher for this period, it just seemed poor planning. 

Exactly as @turlosays, they were being rotated when you take into account the European games. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Exactly as @turlosays, they were being rotated when you take into account the European games. 

I just like to see more of Nacho, I've only gone to three games this season, an there haven't been as many on TV, I get that JV is the main man, I think he could play in the Maddison role to protect him a bit more. I also think Nacho is better utilised starting rather than as a sub. Where as the other two strikers are able to make more of an impact from the bench. 

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We're not quite there yet. Still have Perez, Lookman, Barnes and Albrighton I think? Albeit not sure any of those other than maybe Lookman are 100%?

We're close though. Neither of those are proven strikers. Lookman and Barnes need the space on the flanks to be effective. Perez leading the line gives me no confidence, especially if Maddison is out as well.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Perez leading the line gives me no confidence

Sure but he's still hundred times better than a random teenager kicking around with next to no prior senior experience. 

We don't have an equivalent level striker to WBA Barnes or Luton KDH kicking around the youth team. 

• Like 4

If, as is almost certain, we get a match rearranged for one of the midweeks during AFCON we must only be a couple of covid cases or injuries away from thinking about trying to get another postponment ourselves?

Edited by bart

18 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

My guess is one of our rearranged games will be on the winter break weekend at the end of January. Seems the most logical spot. One midweek in the final week of the season, leaving one more to schedule in April(ish)

According to the FPL geeks we are almost certain to have a match midweek 22, 19th January - probably Tottenham. But there is still a chance of a midweek match before Burnley.

Edited by bart

4 minutes ago, bart said:

According to the FPL geeks we are almost certain to have a match midweek 22, 19th January - probably Tottenham.

Would be idiotic to reschedule matches for January with cases rising and the Government’s restrictions not set to expire before 25 January. The winter period is the most difficult time to handle the pandemic, makes far more sense to reschedule from March onwards. 

But this is the PL organisers we’re talking about so who knows?

Edited by lcfc_forever

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Sure but he's still hundred times better than a random teenager kicking around with next to no prior senior experience. 

We don't have an equivalent level striker to WBA Barnes or Luton KDH kicking around the youth team. 

It's not unseen that youngsters can come in and do a job straight from the academy. Luke Thomas didn't have a loan spell and Sidnei Tavares did fine in his cameos last season. I thought Wakeling was doing alright for the reserves/youth teams, but seems he's not impressing much anymore.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Unbelievable that people would pick a teenager with no PL experience over a guy that 43 PL goals in 208 games and has two PL hat-tricks to his name. 

• Like 2

I reproduce my comment here from the "Premier League" thread here as it seems more pertinent to add it to the discussion on injjuries. Apologies that it is perhaps out of sync with the progression in this thread.

- - - - - - 

Maybe so and it may be me, but the tackling seems to have a got a lot more reckless this season. Every week it seems we are seeing more and more two footed tackles. 

I’m sure there are stats which will prove otherwise, just my perception. 

- - - - -

I think you're right.

Re reckless tackles, I thought that the new leniency was in order to allow reasonable contact, especially in the penalty box, so as to discourage diving at the faintest touch.  Instead it appears to allow more "roughing up" and dangerous assaults all over the pitch.

And as for hamstring injuries, they are rife and especially among our squad, and it's particularly noticeable immediately on return from an injury.  I've done yoga for many years and now attend regular Pilates sessions.  This is similar to yoga but concentrates very much on the core muscles in the abdomen and also very much on increasing strength and flexibility in the hip and leg joints.  It is interesting that teachers of these exercises agree that high intensity leg activity, and football is always cited among the worst, promotes very tight hamstrings.  Indeed, some of the exercises are specifically aimed at making the hamstrings more loose, strong, relaxed and flexible.

It sees to me very believable that footballers, especially if they partake in very strenuous training sessions, are going to start matches with their hamstrings and other soft tissues in the leg joints extremely tight and ready to pop at the first action that severely overstretches them.  Indeed, I would imagine that those parts of the body, if toned by exercises such as Pilates, would make the leg joints more resilient against heavy knocks and awkward landings

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Would be idiotic to reschedule matches for January with cases rising and the Government’s restrictions not set to expire before 25 January. The winter period is the most difficult time to handle the pandemic, makes far more sense to reschedule from March onwards. 

But this is the PL organisers we’re talking about so who knows?

The PL cannot extend the season because next season is difficult ref world cup

they cannot know that there aren’t more strains around the corner which will lead to more postponements in feb and march

hence they must deal with the situation as it is now and try to get postponed games played asap - that absolutely doesn’t suit us and seems nuts ref potential injuries/player welfare.  But their remit is to get the games played to avoid broadcasters requesting any return on fees. 

two of our games were postponed because of our covid cases and isolators being unavailable. to make us play those games at a time that is unsuitable for us isn’t their concern,  if we don’t have covid cases then we cannot request a postponement on the grounds of injuries alone. so we could well be seeing an influx of U23’s onto the bench and possibly into the team over the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Rodgers recent playing players when injured and then keeping them on whilst very injured is going to come back to bite us. Scandalous mismanagement.

Zorya away was the worst. I wonder if that’s when Rennie and Rodgers fell out.