Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

12 minutes ago, Weller 7 said:

For those who want to blame Rodgers for anything and everything, can we please just have a little bit of common sense. 

Justin, Fafana, Barnes, Maddison, Soyunchu, Ricky P, Castange, all sustained injuries on the pitch that were beyond the clubs control. 

Evens, Ndidi and Amartey were hospital notes before Rodgers arrived.  

Eggnog or something stronger?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, turkish14 said:

The sports scientist, strength & conditioning coaches and bio mechanical staff job is to find weaknesses and work on strengthening them. 

Paul Balsom, head of sports science (though only 1 week a month) also left this summer. Not sure how much choice management had in the decision but having the head physio and head of sports science leave at the same time and not bringing in replacements seems like you’re asking for an injury crisis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/12/2021 at 20:46, shailen said:

In the Villa game a few seasons back, didn't he play the whole game with a torn ACL. Our fitness record is terrible! 

...this is the second time he has continued to play on with a serious injury!!!

Ricardo is either a poor judge in respect of his physical health or the medical team are not intuitive, they are just not up to it. By all means ask the player how he feels but they (medical staff) have the final say.

You do get the impression within that group that they are not at the level they should be, the whole club needs a complete review in that department.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Harboro said:

Paul Balsom, head of sports science (though only 1 week a month) also left this summer. Not sure how much choice management had in the decision but having the head physio and head of sports science leave at the same time and not bringing in replacements seems like you’re asking for an injury crisis

Was he replaced or did they put an intern from Loughborough Uni in charge?

2 hours ago, Harboro said:

…..which for a club of our stature, is bonkers if we don’t have a replacement.

I don’t disagree with those suggesting it’s the workload and limited numbers, and that players are being worked into the red zones and beyond because clearly that’s the main issue.  

But I pose this question to you, why has been an ongoing issue since Brendan arrived? There are other clubs (Spurs) who seem to cope with a fairly small-ish squad, and Liverpool’s squad isn’t huge either. Yet consistently we’ve had more injury problems than most clubs… towards the end of the last two seasons we’ve ended up in a position where we’re barely able to put a side out.

Brendan does unfortunately have to shoulder some of the blame…. He’s the manager, and a lot of the injuries seem to get picked up either in training or after a sequence of games. It’s been going on for too long for it to just be bad luck. I’d argue that either training sessions are too intense, or the players maintenance personnel are slack on their Injury prevention techniques or those players with injuries are being miss managed. 

And it’s not something we can argue against, as we’ve rushed players back like N’didi only to lose them again. 

• Like 3

We can also categories Injuries into quality over quantity thou.

Yesterday I read that Liverpool could be missing up to 9 players for their clash with Leicester, you then look at the injuries and they started with Adrian their 3rd choice keeper, 3 of the young lads then Origi their what 4/5th choice, they then mentioned VVD, Thiago and another but all 3 are back but media are making it an issue for them and no mention of our issues, at best it’s mentioned under someone’s breath Leicester have their injuries also then it’s moved on.

So in reality they would have 3 players of 1st team quality out but they are free to play now and it’s us with the issues.

We actually have lost 9 1st team players for an extended period of time there’s the big difference and at some point we have added to that list by every player except Kasper, Soumare & KDH being injured at some point whilst those others are out.

BR & the players just get on with it instead of whinging, why do people want BR to keep bringing it up like those other tools?

Any team with equivalent quality out will suffer I just love that we are getting in with it.

Look at WHam they are a different team when they lose 2 players, Spurs the same imagine where they would be if they lost 9.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t disagree with those suggesting it’s the workload and limited numbers, and that players are being worked into the red zones and beyond because clearly that’s the main issue.  

But I pose this question to you, why has been an ongoing issue since Brendan arrived? There are other clubs (Spurs) who seem to cope with a fairly small-ish squad, and Liverpool’s squad isn’t huge either. Yet consistently we’ve had more injury problems than most clubs… towards the end of the last two seasons we’ve ended up in a position where we’re barely able to put a side out.

Brendan does unfortunately have to shoulder some of the blame…. He’s the manager, and a lot of the injuries seem to get picked up either in training or after a sequence of games. It’s been going on for too long for it to just be bad luck. I’d argue that either training sessions are too intense, or the players maintenance personnel are slack on their Injury prevention techniques or those players with injuries are being miss managed. 

And it’s not something we can argue against, as we’ve rushed players back like N’didi only to lose them again. 

Glad you agree that player availability/workload is the issue. 

Worth remembering Liverpool had major injury problems last season as well (and unlike our issues, we didn’t hear the end of it!). I think they were the only team with more injuries than us, and I didn’t hear too much criticism of Klopp. 

We started this season without Evans, Fofana, Bertrand, Justin and Castagne, so we were up against it from the start. 3 of them picked up major injuries in matches including two bad challenges and 1 of them got Covid so how can you blame the manager for those? 

Edited by lcfc_forever

7 hours ago, turkish14 said:

The sports scientist, strength & conditioning coaches and bio mechanical staff job is to find weaknesses and work on strengthening them. 

And do you think we aren’t doing that? Do you actually think a professional premier league football club aren’t working hard to keep our players fit. Most Step six non league clubs have a physio who attempts to keep the players in the best condition possible.

Sadly, you could have the best physios in the world players are still going to get injured it’s a simple fact of life, we had plenty of injury crisis during the many years Dave Rennie was here. Like I say believing him leaving has anything to do with it  is utterly naive nonsense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Sadly, you could have the best physios in the world players are still going to get injured it’s a simple fact of life, we had plenty of injury crisis during the many years Dave Rennie was here. Like I say believing him leaving has anything to do with it  is utterly naive nonsense.

Bristol City had a struggle with injuries through October, November and early December despite the messiah being brought in to sort out the problem they had with injuries last year.

This is just another in the genre of players all being better when they’re out of the team. People desperately look for explanations to things they don’t understand and it’s a really easy one this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harboro said:

Balsom is his own words was very removed from the day to day running and he was working more in the analytics areas towards the end of his time at LCFC. 

17 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Look, I think the world of Dave Rennie, Unless you really think he’s Jesus Christ or we’ve appointed the water boy as a replacement your are being utterly naive.

Physios help recovery, they aren’t miracle workers and can’t prevent injuries occurring, especially given ours are mostly made up of impact or injuries or reoccurrence of existing problems.

utter nonsense.

I didn't care Rennie was sacked at the time.

But now there's evidence of injury crisis both at Celtic and Liverpool, I'm starting to find it suspicious.

Still, even disregarding Rennie, there's a pattern with Rodgers. A pattern affecting our club and our players and our performances.

27 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I didn't care Rennie was sacked at the time.

But now there's evidence of injury crisis both at Celtic and Liverpool, I'm starting to find it suspicious.

Still, even disregarding Rennie, there's a pattern with Rodgers. A pattern affecting our club and our players and our performances.

Ok I’ll play devils advocate.

What exactly do you think Brendan Rodgers has done at three different club that has caused these incidences?

I won’t even argue about team selection formation selection or the failure of our zonal marking system but this is ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

And do you think we aren’t doing that? Do you actually think a professional premier league football club aren’t working hard to keep our players fit. Most Step six non league clubs have a physio who attempts to keep the players in the best condition possible.

I’m not talking about physios though. You mentioned that they are not to blame in

a previous posts s that they are not responsible, I’m agreeing.

My point was to highlight who would be responsible for development of players weaker  more injury prone muscle groups.

11 hours ago, Weller 7 said:

For those who want to blame Rodgers for anything and everything, can we please just have a little bit of common sense. 

Justin, Fafana, Barnes, Maddison, Soyunchu, Ricky P, Castange, all sustained injuries on the pitch that were beyond the clubs control. 

Evens, Ndidi and Amartey were hospital notes before Rodgers arrived.  

Vardy’s injury has in the main been sorted since Rodgers arrived.

Perez - strange one. He’s either injured or sick… 

and as I understand it, a certain person who is reported be leaving in the near future was the reason a certain physio left the club. 

There has been an incredible amount of bad luck on the injury front for almost 2 years now and that has caused so much added pressure to a squad that is now spread so thin, it’s causing so many soft tissue injuries. NO manager could have dealt with this any better than Rodgers and those that think otherwise are living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Impact injuries are unavoidable largely. 

But injuries owing to muscle fatigue that hasn’t been as well managed in the recovery process, our staff “could” be responsible. So too areas of muscle weakness known to the staff, that haven’t been strengthened. Lack of elasticity, over trained, too intense.. 

This of course is without foundation, as I cannot believe a club like ours wouldn’t have the top Experts. But still a good topic for discussion.

Edited by turkish14

16 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I’m not talking about physios though. You mentioned that they are not to blame in

a previous posts s that they are not responsible, I’m agreeing.

My point was to highlight who would be responsible for development of players weaker  more injury prone muscle groups.

Ok so if that’s the case what the f**ck does that have to with Dave Rennie being here or not