Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

ZORYA pre match thread

14 minutes ago, Ricey said:

No idea how good Zorya are but we don't really have a choice but to rotate to a certain degree:

Schmeichel

Castagne   Fofana   Morgan (if fit)    Fuchs

Mendy Praet

Under   Maddison   Albrighton

Iheanacho

Tielemans needs a rest, Evans didn't look fit last night, Barnes looked tired.

That's the team I'd go for, but we also need to be careful with Castagne so I might even start Justin at RB.

• Like 3

Genuinely what's the point in aiming for European football to play the kids and throw it away a few months later? Our squad (even with injuries) should have more than enough about it to get 40 points this season and stay up, but we're probably not getting European football again by finishing in the top 6, so we may as well make the most of the competition and try to go as far as possible.

I'd go with a mix of first teamers and reserves.

Kasper

Timmy

Fofana

Fuchs (Could have used Benko here, weird how we loaned him out)

Thomas

Hamza

Tielemans

Maddison

Perez

Iheanacho

Under

Albrighton, Slimani and Preat as the subs to give others much needed rest. Weird how we've registed KDH then loaned him out (he would have been perfect for a start here), and left Gray out of the squad too. Our injuries mean that we're about 5 players down.

EDIT: Barnes for Slimani, give him some minutes. Gonna have to stick either him or Perez up top if Iheanacho has to come off for some rest.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 4

Schmeichel

Justin Fofana Morgan Castagne

Under Tielemans Maddison Albrighton

Perez Iheanacho

I wonder if there will be a time when Castagne switches to Left Back in anticipation of Ricardo returning.

I'd say the plan there still isn't clear. 

I'm sure BR will work out a surprise line up.

Well excited for this game. 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah, a little bit... :(

lollollol

Let me more properly phrase it...

Shocking that fans would be disappointed if their team didn’t play well and/or win.

Meanwhile, I concede to a generational discrepancy in ‘expectations’...

Many being of a certain age demographic are just happy not to be in League One.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

lollollol

Let me more properly phrase it...

Shocking that fans would be disappointed if their team didn’t play well and/or win.

Meanwhile, I concede to a generational discrepancy in ‘expectations’...

Many being of a certain age demographic are just happy not to be in League One.

He has only gone and played the age card. :D

33917BF5-8EF9-4D21-8AFB-A3EEF5E0185C.jpeg.f46c2b8d6e2bbd3e31e5b60b39352a77.jpeg

:surrender:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Genuinely what's the point in aiming for European football to play the kids and throw it away a few months later? Our squad (even with injuries) should have more than enough about it to get 40 points this season and stay up, but we're probably not getting European football again by finishing in the top 6, so we may as well make the most of the competition and try to go as far as possible.

I'd go with a mix of first teamers and reserves.

Kasper

Timmy

Fofana

Fuchs (Could have used Benko here, weird how we loaned him out)

Thomas

Hamza

Tielemans

Maddison

Perez

Iheanacho

Under

Albrighton, Slimani and Preat as the subs to give others much needed rest. Weird how we've registed KDH then loaned him out (he would have been perfect for a start here), and left Gray out of the squad too. Our injuries mean that we're about 5 players down.

Shimano not in Europa squad.

Don’t think we should be making wholesale changes we need to get off to a good start in the EL, we can play the kids once we’ve guaranteed to go through to the next round. 

That said I’d give certain players a rest who played on international duty, ie. Evans, Castagne and Tielemans. And some players who could do with some minutes ie. Maddison, Ünder, Praet.

Schmeichel 

Justin 

Fofana 

Morgan

Fuchs 

Praet 

Choudhury 

Maddison 

Ünder 

Iheanacho 

Barnes

Ward/ Thomas/ Evans/ Mendy/ Tielemans/ Albrighton/ Perez

I am looking forward to this!

UK television is much better than US television for coverage of the EL.

Of my cable offerings only TUDN (Spanish) is airing matches (Rapid Wien v Arsenal & Celtic v Milan).  CBS All Access offers streaming of the matches for $6/month.

I have the PL covered with NBC[SN] and Peacock.  Not so much for the EL.

26 minutes ago, jerry said:

Shimano not in Europa squad.

Assuming you mean Slimani?lol

Didn't even realise that, wow, Hopefully Iheanacho can play the 90 then, or swap him for Barnes/Perez uptop later on in the game. Need Vardy back for Arsenal. We're ****ed, how have we only got 2 strikers in the European squad?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Assuming you mean Slimani?lol

Didn't even realise that, wow, Hopefully Iheanacho can play the 90 then, or swap him for Barnes/Perez uptop later on in the game. Need Vardy back for Arsenal. We're ****ed, how have we only got 2 strikers in the European squad?

Because of the registration rules we could only just about register our main squad, we ended up having to leave out Gray, no chance we would've been able to fit Slimani and Benkovic into the registration

• Thanks 1