Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

ZORYA pre match thread

19 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Does anyone actually know anything about their team or players?

They've had a pretty rubbish start to the season, only won 1 out of 6

Drew a blank on the players though! Seem to just have a team full of Ukranians who have made their way around the Ukranian league. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Because we can't, we haven't got it in us. We are far too soft to win a competition. 

if (IF) we have our strongest team including Ricardo there is no reason why we cant go far in this competition. .. Basically 1st half of last seasons form with Castagne, Under and Fofana added.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

if (IF) we have our strongest team including Ricardo there is no reason why we cant go far in this competition. .. Basically 1st half of last seasons form with Castagne, Under and Fofana added.

Yea at full strength we could be handy, but the question mark has been on fitness. We haven't been able to field a full fit 11 for a while. Hopefully we can do something, because it is a back door into the CL. But, I just don't see the fight in us, Villa in the cup really proved it for me...

I would wrap our best players up in cotton wool for this one with Arsenal in mind. Assuming Gray in squad I would go:

Kasper 

Justin   Morgan Fofana  Thomas

Choudhury 

Under      Praet      Albrighton 

Maddison 

Iheanacho 

Subs:  Ward, Fuchs, Castagne, Tielemans, Gray, Perez, Mendy

• Like 1

No doubt it will be a very unpopular view and it's just a personal opinion but, due to the current pandemic and travelling restrictions for obvious health reasons, I would like to have seen the cancellation of all International football and the Europa League for this year, I'd also have cancelled the Carabao Cup. None of these are worth the risk of players both for their own personal health reasons of potentially catching the virus but also it certainly isn't worth potentially weakening teams through illness for the main priority of the Premiership which is the financial lifeline of all our clubs and their futures. Can you imagine for example ourselves, already ravaged through injury,  having another two or three players forced into isolation for having to play against an unheard of Ukrainian team on a dank Thursday evening? I would just about keep the Champions League due to it's prestige. However, the others are very nice to have but certainly not a need to have in the current circumstances. 

28 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They've had a pretty rubbish start to the season, only won 1 out of 6

Drew a blank on the players though! Seem to just have a team full of Ukranians who have made their way around the Ukranian league. 

OS

Zorya currently sit ninth in the Ukrainian Premier League table with six points from the opening six games of the season.

After losing their opening home and away match, Zorya are currently on a four game unbeaten run, which includes a 5-0 away victory over FC Lviv and draws against Ukrainian heavyweights Shakhtar Donetsk and Dynamo Kyiv. 

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I would wrap our best players up in cotton wool for this one with Arsenal in mind. Assuming Gray in squad I would go:

Kasper 

Justin   Morgan Fofana  Thomas

Choudhury 

Under      Praet      Albrighton 

Maddison 

Iheanacho 

Subs:  Ward, Fuchs, Castagne, Tielemans, Gray, Perez, Mendy

Gray isn’t in the squad

Apparently they know how to sit back and have a deep block, which doesn't bode well for us as that's where we struggle the most. I'm hoping we get a sneaky goal from somewhere, really need some of our players to step up for this one, Praet and Youri, if they play need to have a good game, if they do then I'm hopeful that we can win. I really hope BR doesn't go negative with this one. I am very gutted that this is our first time in Europe since 16/17 and we cannot go!