Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

ZORYA pre match thread

47 minutes ago, KingsX said:

:D  hopefully you can dust that one off in December (when it's time to go to go there) because we've clinched the group*.  But there's hard road between here and there.

Thursday we need to take care of business.

* it would probably be worth a year of Championship loans to find out which of "the kids" can perform in front of rioting Ukrainian ultras ...

Yeah, said mainly in jest, it's traditional of us write off anyone we haven't really heard of. I'm up for protecting Evans and the other internationals who played a lot of games. So Youri and Timo as well, and I would also be happy to leave Vards at home.

It did scan nicely though, maybe an extra syllable I could have done without, but still. :rolleyes:

On 18/10/2020 at 21:36, jonthefox said:

1-0 loss, slimani like bambi on ice , Barnes has 657 shots on target and fails to score and BR replaces Youri with Lee Jobber on 70 minutes.

hahaha this really tickled me. Add in Perez picking up the ball in a fantastic position 10+ times only to fall over 10+ times and it's spot on. 

13 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Is Zovirax a city? A team? A country? I mean, I’ve literally never heard of it. How the feck can

anyone get excited about this when, barring an insane collective set of decisions at Bournemouth, it should have been Juve. 😞

After some googling I can reveal it's a toilet cleaner guaranteed to reach those germs that other toilet cleaners don't reach

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Is Zovirax a city? A team? A country? I mean, I’ve literally never heard of it. How the feck can

anyone get excited about this when, barring an insane collective set of decisions at Bournemouth, it should have been Juve. 😞

Googled it and got an ad for Ukrainian women keen to meet me. 

Got to be better than Bournemouth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No way Evans can play, we can't afford him getting injured. Other than that any maybe give Tielemans and one of Justin/Castagne a rest I would go pretty much the best we can. Hopefully get comfortable in the game and rest with subs.

Kasper

Castagne

Fofana

Morgan

Fuchs 

Mendy

Praet 

Under

Maddison

Barnes 

Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Thomas, Justin, Albrighton, Choudhury, Perez, Tielemans

Excited to see the attacking 3 play together, and Iheanacho loves a cup competition. If Morgan isn't fit, I'm pretty sure it will be a back 3 with Justin, Fofana and Fuchs :unsure:

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

It could be Inverness and I'd still be excited that we're playing in Europe.

We would've got rumped in the Champions League.

I agree with this statement. Don't get me wrong the Champions League is the glamorous competition with the best teams, but this time round we would have been one of the lower seeds and not have a favourable group. We've all seen Bayern smash the North London teams by 8 goals and I could easily see that happen to us. I always felt even if we got to the Champions League, at best we would end up in the Europa.

This competition we have a decent shot at and I hope we can have a decent run in it. That said the way injuries are piling up I think it will work against us rather than for us!

• Like 3

Can’t wait for this! Europe again ! Honestly, that afternoon at Stoke all those years ago, I thought these days were behind us. We’ve now had two European campaigns in the space of 5 years. 

If I look at any club as an inspiration, it would have to Seville - this is their tournament. With the Champs League groups as they’re, I think we’ll get at least one massive tie from teams dropping down.  We just need to put this group to bed. 

A European trophy and the fa cup, is all that is left for a full house. Let the Leicester City name, the “rugby town”, start being known around European countries, no matter how obscure. 

2-0 city. kel to score. 

• Thanks 1

Don't really get all the negativity.

I'm bang up for this, mostly because we're shit in the Premier League, and that's a bit boring. We're absolute mid-table fodder this year so a different competition is refreshing mostly for us, but also the squad. I genuinely think we've got a chance of winning this, too. Our players are a weird bunch, and I can see them really turning it on for the Europa League.

Don't go doing anything daft with the team selection, though. 

Has anyone got any sort of perception of what kind of level these guys are at? The draw was the first time I'd heard of them, TBH.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

I'm bang up for this, mostly because we're shit in the Premier League, and that's a bit boring. We're absolute mid-table fodder this year so a different competition is refreshing mostly for us, but also the squad. I genuinely think we've got a chance of winning this, too. Our players are a weird bunch, and I can see them really turning it on for the Europa League.

Has anyone got any sort of perception of what kind of level these guys are at? The draw was the first time I'd heard of them, TBH.

Sounds stupid but with current climate would take mid table fodder this year, before more investment next summer for an assault on the league next year.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

If I recall correctly, I think they played against Man Utd a few years ago in the EL Cup, and lost home and away

18 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Sounds stupid but with current climate would take mid table fodder this year, before more investment next summer for an assault on the league next year.

Finish mid-table, and we are most likely to lose some of our best players and less likely to attract the quality we desire. 

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

To be fair with Mendys injury history I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets rested for this one

He gets injured and we really are screwed

16/17Ankle InjuryMar 9, 2017Aug 17, 2017161 days15

16/17Ankle InjuryAug 20, 2016Dec 3, 2016105 days19

Am I missing something?

Ward

Castagne   Wes   West  Thomas

Mendy

Praet   Maddison

Under                                       Kev

Nacho

Do the tactic you have to when FIFA makes you play 2 games in a single day on career mode, go hard for the first goal and then just pass it around the back for 75mins.

We can use abit of youth here, Man U particularly used this competition to blood alot of talent. Thomas, Choudhury, shame we let KDH go because were heinously light in midfield backup with 2 games a week for the foreseeable.

Would be tempted to play Perez instead of Nacho just to see how he does as a 9/false 9 but wouldn't want both of our RW options out on the pitch at the same time. Midfield also up for debate, depends how confident we are of beating them, because ideally I'd like to rest Praet & Tielemans somehow, slip Hamza in there. Mendy didn't have internationals so we have to risk him over others really.

Edited by Jaspa

I know it was asked straight after the draw about where the away leg would be played but haven't seen it brought up since.

Looking on UEFA website they look to be playing in the Slavutych Arena in the city of Zaporizhia which is an hours flight from Kiev, so that going to be an arse of a journey to be done on an Thursday night Friday morning & prepare for a Sunday game that weekend.

I'd imagine we would charter & go from London, what's Kiev 3hr30mins + the 1hr domestic + the hanging around that takes the time but again if chartered it might be a bit slicker, lets hope we've sown it up by then & can field a weakened team keep some fresh for Sunday.

Slavutych Arena holds just under 12k

1280px-Zaporizhia_Slavutych-Arena_10.jpg