Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

ZORYA pre match thread

Has anyone got literally any clue what these are like? You really would like to think we should be able to beat these comfortably but if they're the type who've gotten here on playing compact, organised football I fear this could be an infuriating night.

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Swear to God that half the spoilt kids on here would say throw this sh*tty competition, but if we got knocked out early, the same people would be calling for the managers head  :rolleyes:

And they say they're not arsed but will still watch and throw a hissy fit if we don't win in the perfect way... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Has anyone got literally any clue what these are like? You really would like to think we should be able to beat these comfortably but if they're the type who've gotten here on playing compact, organised football I fear this could be an infuriating night.

Isn't that this competition in a nutshell? I don't think I have ever seen a EL game that was not hideously boring. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

They are currently 9th in the Ukranian League after 6 games, 1 win 3 draws 2 losses

They finished 3rd last season, 1 point behind 2nd (Dynamo Kyiv) and 24 points behind 1st (Shakhtar)

They went out of the Europa League last season in the Qualifiers to Espanyol (5-3 aggregate) after beating Buducnost Podgorica (Montenegro) and CSKA Sofia (Bulgaria)

I don’t recognise a single player they have in their squad

Realistically we should beat them comfortably

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d be looking at the 11 for the Arsenal game and then basing our 11 for this game on that.

Arsenal 11 best case should be 

Schmeichel

Castagne

Fofana

Evans

Justin

Mendy

Tielemans

Praet

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

(Need to get Praet and Maddison in the same team and that’s the only way I can think of!)

11 for Zorya

Schmeichel

Castagne

Morgan

Fofana

Fuchs

Praet

Choudhury

Under

Maddison

Perez

Iheanacho

(Try Perez from the left, what’s the worst that can happen?!)

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Isn't that this competition in a nutshell? I don't think I have ever seen a EL game that was not hideously boring. 

You’ve got to be kidding me here right? It’s a far more competitive competition than the CL. With a smaller gap between the top and bottom, generally the games are far more entertaining. Full of old school clubs, unknowns and progressive clubs. 

CL is incredibly stale and boring at group stage 

Might be good for us to be honest, distraction from the league and a winnable game (I imagine? Has anyone ever seen these play?). We just need something to get us going again - you’d have thought that a 5-2 win away at Man City would have kick started our season but because we’re Leicester and because our manager is a ****ing enigma, it obviously hasn’t. 

Who knows anymore. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vacamion said:

If we play in Claret, it will be 4-0 us and we will be world beaters.

If they play in Claret, we're fooked.

If we drink a lot of claret before the match, it might improve the outcome......I'm talking fans and players alike there.

Guest seanfox778

I'm really looking forward to this, first time since 2001 in this competition, I remember watching that game against Red Star on Channel 5.

No idea how good Zorya are but we don't really have a choice but to rotate to a certain degree:

Schmeichel

Castagne   Fofana   Morgan (if fit)    Fuchs

Mendy Praet

Under   Maddison   Albrighton

Iheanacho

Tielemans needs a rest, Evans didn't look fit last night, Barnes looked tired.

• Like 2

I love the attitude of some of the people in here...

We must sacrifice the European competition to prioritize the Premier League and give ourselves a better chance of finishing in the European places in the league to qualify for Europe again next season 😂

• Like 1