Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In what is possibly a new procrastination record for me I just fitted the replacement parts to my freezer which have been in an increasingly disgusting, rotting cardboard box in the garden since they were delivered  well over a year ago.

Took about two minutes 

It's worse than I thought. May 2022

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's worse than I thought. May 2022

This might make you feel better:

The strong sunshine fell across a door in our hall the other day and I noticed the paint looked dull. I then realised I had sanded it down prior to painting it 8 years or more ago.

I somehow missed it when I last decorated there. :blush:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

This might make you feel better:

The strong sunshine fell across a door in our hall the other day and I noticed the paint looked dull. I then realised I had sanded it down prior to painting it 8 years or more ago.

I somehow missed it when I last decorated there. :blush:

It makes me feel better until I remember that getting those parts was meant to be my last act before cancelling the insurance on the appliance, which at that point had cost about 3 times the purchase price, and is, of course, still in force

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Milo said:

Just taken delivery of this handsome chappy..! 

IMG_9395.thumb.jpeg.43284e6ee05c6678f80686b4cd69e2b7.jpeg

I think he looks quite at home. Cheers. 

IMG_9396.thumb.jpeg.4c3e165dde490d86c25606a9411298ea.jpeg

With a massive hats off to @m9013 (who may now be under a different name) for the inspiration a while back. :thumbup:

Love it!

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Trade shows are not what they once were. I used to be bombarded with booze, gifts, trinkets and luverley ladies encouraging my business.

Now I'm lucky if i walk away with a free pen.

Guest BlueBrett
On 13/01/2024 at 23:34, MPH said:

is this for real?

Theres Ukrainians fighting for their lives and you’re more worried about the cost of  a few Saturday nights out…

On 13/01/2024 at 22:22, Nalis said:

The alternative is letting Russia conquer Ukraine

Useful idiots. 

Guest BlueBrett
1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Why are they idiots?

NATO clearly deliberately provoked this war. The UK discouraged negotiations to end it. Ukraine can't win but we keep selling them more and more rope to hang their own people with.

We are giving billions to the country that our own media was widely denouncing as the most corrupt in Europe just a few short years ago and trying to claim that we are doing it because we just love Democracy so much lol Meanwhile Zelensky suspends elections haha. A significant portion of the money we give them ends up in the hands of the Azov Battalian who, while being perhaps the most effective fighting force in Ukraine, are some of the most heinous, ruthless bloodthirsty individuals out there. These guys are genuine neo-nazis and they were amassing their forces in the Donbas (ethnically Russian area) before Putin invaded. All indications suggest they were planning an ethnic cleansing in that region and this is one of the many things that prompted Putin to invade. 

I know you've all swallowed the "Putin's a genocidal maniac pill" but there is no actual evidence of that. He's a nationalist who doesn't want to be pushed around by multinational institutions or anyone else and he acts accordingly. If you take a step back you will notice that almost everyone on the Globalist's hitlist are people who have espoused nationalist/isolationist views.

Do I really need to lay out the history of NATO's Eastward expansion and all the broken promises? Have you really not heard anyone mention all of Putin's very clear red lines that he has set out many times? Have you read the "nyet means nyet" memo? Have you listened to a single one of Putin's speeches? He has been very clear and consistent for decades. It is NATO, the US and yes our own stinking government that are to blame for this horrible war.

Edited by BlueBrett

2 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

NATO clearly deliberately provoked this war. The UK discouraged negotiations to end it. Ukraine can't win but we keep selling them more and more rope to hang their own people with.

We are giving billions to the country that our own media was widely denouncing as the most corrupt in Europe just a few short years ago and trying to claim that we are doing it because we just love Democracy so much lol Meanwhile Zelensky suspends elections haha. A significant portion of the money we give them ends up in the hands of the Azov Battalian who, while being perhaps the most effective fighting force in Ukraine, are some of the most heinous, ruthless bloodthirsty individuals out there. These guys are genuine neo-nazis and they were amassing their forces in the Donbas (ethnically Russian area) before Putin invaded. All indications suggest they were planning an ethnic cleansing in that region and this is one of the many things that prompted Putin to invade. 

I know you've all swallowed the "Putin's a genocidal maniac pill" but there is no actual evidence of that. He's a nationalist who doesn't want to be pushed around by multinational institutions or anyone else and he acts accordingly. If you take a step back you will notice that almost everyone on the Globalist's hitlist are people who have espoused nationalist/isolationist views.

Do I really need to lay out the history of NATO's Eastward expansion and all the broken promises? Have you really not heard anyone mention all of Putin's very clear red lines that he has set out many times? Have you read the "nyet means nyet" memo? Have you listened to a single one of Putin's speeches? He has been very clear and consistent for decades. It is NATO, the US and yes our own stinking government that are to blame for this horrible war.

Enjoying your subscription to RT?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Enjoying your subscription to RT?

Erm.

There is a whole lot more to this than simply Russia Bad. Ukraine Good.

It's good to delve deeper and should be encouraged. 

I don't know why office people like me have to do 'leadership coaching' from 'coaches' that profess to work with elite sportsmen etc. I am not an elite athlete, I work in an office. How are you going to 'unlock elite performance' from me 'to maximise the abilities of my team and unleash their best potential' and 'enhance market presence and income.' These people steal a living.

Or maybe I am becoming more and more like that miserable poster who calls everyone thick and hates everything, I cannot recall their name which is bugging me even more than this self-professed coach.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I don't know why office people like me have to do 'leadership coaching' from 'coaches' that profess to work with elite sportsmen etc. I am not an elite athlete, I work in an office. How are you going to 'unlock elite performance' from me 'to maximise the abilities of my team and unleash their best potential' and 'enhance market presence and income.' These people steal a living.

Or maybe I am becoming more and more like that miserable poster who calls everyone thick and hates everything, I cannot recall their name which is bugging me even more than this self-professed coach.

:wave:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

:wave:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I used to work somewhere that did these a lot. The sales and customer service people loved them, those of us in IT could politely described as 'less enthusiastic'.

The irony was not lost on my boss that I missed a significant deadline due to being away for 3 days on a 'Maximising Your Potential' workshop lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agree.

These people are snake oil salesmen. I've done plenty, the odd one has actual business experience and they always go down well and I tend to rebook them for my own organisation. 

The others however, have never so much as ran a bath, they can waffle on as much as they like about leadership but **** me I wouldn't follow them onto a bus.

7 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Agree.

These people are snake oil salesmen. I've done plenty, the odd one has actual business experience and they always go down well and I tend to rebook them for my own organisation. 

The others however, have never so much as ran a bath, they can waffle on as much as they like about leadership but **** me I wouldn't follow them onto a bus.

That's a good point. I think this dude had led an SME, but it is still different to working in a services company, where the only thing that matters is timesheets and billing. All the stuff the dude is saying makes sense in theory, but how the f**k are any of us gonna have the time 'to step back and reflect' if we are under constant fee income pressure. My toilet breaks and internal meetings are already taken up by messing around on this forum.

7 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

In industry up until about 1980, work study, method study and time-and-motion, all related to piecework, were the things that management used to wet their trousers over. Then the Japanese came along with their flowcharts, kanban, kaizen and just-in-time ideologies - the kind of stuff that causes you to lose the will to live. Then David Brent arrived, and we all had to push the envelope with blue-sky thinking and get all our ducks in a row, before going out to pick the low-hanging fruit, then touching base again. It's all bollox. Motivation comes from within.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

In industry up until about 1980, work study, method study and time-and-motion, all related to piecework, were the things that management used to wet their trousers over. Then the Japanese came along with their flowcharts, kanban, kaizen and just-in-time ideologies - the kind of stuff that causes you to lose the will to live. Then David Brent arrived, and we all had to push the envelope with blue-sky thinking and get all our ducks in a row, before going out to pick the low-hanging fruit, then touching base again. It's all bollox. Motivation comes from within.

Well, in terms of economic success, that did work for them. For a while.

Of course, that's hardly the only arbiter of "success" anyway.

• Like 1