Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/68206676

Super Bowl conspiracy theories involving Taylor Swift are "nonsense", says NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Music superstar Swift is dating Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, whose team will compete in their fourth Super Bowl in five years on Sunday.

Right-wing critics say their relationship is part of a plot to rig the NFL's championship game and help get US President Joe Biden re-elected.

We live in a strange time, folks.

• Haha 2

How the fvck to people commute in and out of London every day? I don't know if I admire them or feel sorry for them.

Up at the crack of dawn exhausted, drive to the train station in the dark and pissing rain. Scramble with the hoards to get on the 'fast' train and end up having to stand for 40 minutes amongst the great unwashed.

Eventually get to the smog and then have to navigate the underground with all it's stench and broken escalators. Then have to walk to place of work avoiding maniac Just Eat motorbike riders. Finally get the the office four hours after waking up and the working day hasn't even started yet.

No wonder all the zombies then fall asleep on the train home. Complete madness. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

How the fvck to people commute in and out of London every day? I don't know if I admire them or feel sorry for them.

Up at the crack of dawn exhausted, drive to the train station in the dark and pissing rain. Scramble with the hoards to get on the 'fast' train and end up having to stand for 40 minutes amongst the great unwashed.

Eventually get to the smog and then have to navigate the underground with all it's stench and broken escalators. Then have to walk to place of work avoiding maniac Just Eat motorbike riders. Finally get the the office four hours after waking up and the working day hasn't even started yet.

You're working in London today then? lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

How the fvck do people commute anywhere?

It’s bad enough when all of you are at work - it’s awful when you’re all moving about too. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

How the fvck do people commute anywhere?

It’s bad enough when all of you are at work - it’s awful when you’re all moving about too. 

“Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what's so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there. They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell they wanted to be.” Douglas Adams

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I have two young children, a demanding home life and close to zero free time. My twice-weekly commutes from Oxfordshire to London are basically the only time in my week I get to read, listen to music or just sit alone with my thoughts. They basically keep me sane :D

UAP's (Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena), previously known as UFO's. 

I've never really been into this stuff, but the slow drip-drip of information over the last few years has caught my attention. From the renaming, to the Pentagon releasing videos of things they admit they can't explain, to first hand accounts from more than one leading serviceman (with radar and video to back it up), to groups in Congress now battling to get information released. There have been whistle blowers as well, who I did take with a pinch of salt, but it does add to everything. 

For the US government to admit there were things flying about they simply can't explain and to release the video is very strange, they never used to say anything really. So I do question, why now?

It's intriguing, whether it's unknown tech someone here already has or something else. 

On 07/02/2024 at 10:34, Izzy said:

This is just the modern UK. At least in London at the weekend you have loads of things to do and see, and nice neighborhoods that are not just betting shops and takeaways. 

29 minutes ago, bovril said:

This is just the modern UK. At least in London at the weekend you have loads of things to do and see, and nice neighborhoods that are not just betting shops and takeaways. 

Agreed, never minded the commute, 1.5 hours each way at worst (if everything is running fine) but it was some time to do my own things. I now live a 10-15 min walk from the office and it is weird. The cost of commuting in London was far worse than time spent.

And like you said, the reward of being in a city where you can do anything you want 24/7 is worth the commute IMO.

On 07/02/2024 at 10:34, Izzy said:

Twice in the past two weeks and it’s grim. Someone jumped off a bridge nr MK yesterday so had a 4 hour journey back 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Robbie Savage is THE WORST broadcaster on radio. 

How the hell has he kept the 606 gig?

His footballing insight is virtually non-existent.

Diversity and inclusion, box ticking ain't it.

Blonde, speech impediment, Welsh etc.

• Haha 3