Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

31 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Jersey gives the green light to proceed with assisted dying legislation, with huge public support. I’m pleasantly surprised in a place that is dominated by conservative thinking.

Hopefully a first step towards the religiously ingrained belief that death is the worst thing that can happen to you being dispelled, and assisted dying becoming the norm 

I think it's more like "only my deity can decide when I pass" rather than "the worst thing that could happen", considering that when it does a lot of those religions believe you go on to a much better place (depending on other factors) anyway.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I think it's more like "only my deity can decide when I pass" rather than "the worst thing that could happen", considering that when it does a lot of those religions believe you go on to a much better place (depending on other factors) anyway.

Good point, agreed. I think it's religious beliefs from people who aren't religious though. We grow up thinking death is the worst thing that can happen because that's what we've been told from generations above us, who at some point were probably religious. 'You could go to hell!!' Yeh but dude I'm already in hell, living with my debilitating condition, the hell you speak of sounds alright compared to this.

Interestingly, a ridiculous comment during the debate from a Jersey politician, who said if he were not able to play tennis every week, he'd want to die because life wouldn't be worth living. Very accurately sums up the calibre/empathy of politicians here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It would appear as if Mrs G has locked young Davie in the cupboard under the stairs again :ph34r:

Rick and Morty • Let me out | Rick and morty meme, Rick and morty quotes,  Rick and morty

• Haha 1

I wish I remembered the thread where enjoyfball.com was recommended just so I could send that man a bill. 

Had the “Thai quality” 3 birds Ajax shirt arrive. Not only is the quality completely minging, it would struggle to fit a Biafran child with anorexia. 

My hunt for a decent version goes on. 

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I wish I remembered the thread where enjoyfball.com was recommended just so I could send that man a bill. 

Had the “Thai quality” 3 birds Ajax shirt arrive. Not only is the quality completely minging, it would struggle to fit a Biafran child with anorexia. 

My hunt for a decent version goes on. 

Turkish knock offs are the best knock offs. 

Almost worth going on holiday for

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Turkish knock offs are the best knock offs. 

Almost worth going on holiday for

I am going to Turkey. 

Just heard how my nieces wedding went last week, I could not attend so missed it.

The father of the bride vanished, holding everything up, then popped up to say he'd dropped his phone down the toilet, amongst other things but what made me laugh was the groom was a Liverpool fan.

The couple specifically told everyone not to wear any club colours to the wedding.

One of my other nieces boyfriend turned up wearing a LCFC jacket and photobombed as many pics as possible, my sis said he did it by accident :ph34r: you just know he didn't.

I know it was wrong but I just found it so  funny.

What's the general concencus on the UK TV license? I don't have one atm but only because I haven't got around to it.

The house we bought was empty for about 4 years before we moved in and there were literally hundreds of unopened letters which we opened and sent to appropiate people. 

There were also many letters from the TV licensing agency, some addressed to the householder and some to the previous occupier.

I was a little shocked to see how aggressive some of these letters were, actually threatening to come on a particular date to investigate in person and take action.

I can imagine elderly or vulnerable people being quite anxious if they received these.

3 hours ago, jgtuk said:

What's the general concencus on the UK TV license? I don't have one atm but only because I haven't got around to it.

The house we bought was empty for about 4 years before we moved in and there were literally hundreds of unopened letters which we opened and sent to appropiate people. 

There were also many letters from the TV licensing agency, some addressed to the householder and some to the previous occupier.

I was a little shocked to see how aggressive some of these letters were, actually threatening to come on a particular date to investigate in person and take action.

I can imagine elderly or vulnerable people being quite anxious if they received these.

Don't you watch live TV ?

4 hours ago, jgtuk said:

There's a fair few videos on Youtube about this stuff, basically, you can go on the BBC website and tell them you do not need a license, be careful though since they word questions in such a way to try and catch you out but if you do not watch LIVE TV or BBC i player you do not need a license.

The BBC though like to bully people so you have to be careful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Otis said:

Don't you watch live TV ?

I don’t really watch tv at all, apart from the football which I watch on iptv. My wife watches various Netflix Amazon Prime series. 
Like I said, the only reason I don’t have one is because we’ve been living in a building site and are only just getting rooms sorted for finishing. 
My point was more about the aggressive letters that are sent. 

Since Google podcasts are shutting down in June *theyr going to YouTube Music), does anybody know of a good alternative. 

Another perfectly good thing Google decided to mess with. So frustrating . Google podcasts app was wonderful.

38 minutes ago, Koke said:

Since Google podcasts are shutting down in June *theyr going to YouTube Music), does anybody know of a good alternative. 

Another perfectly good thing Google decided to mess with. So frustrating . Google podcasts app was wonderful.

Pocketcasts is the one I use. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

subscribe to my onlyfans site, loads of good content

Starting Welcome to Wrexham and already love them all over again - especially Rob, wearing earphones to blend in with those in the quiet zone was just top drawer quality.

• Like 2

I’ve got to remove the bandages in a minute. Not keen. It’s not because I fear pain - I am a man after all, a man who has drunk a fortifying large gin. I am not keen because I’m worried they operated on my toe and replaced it with someone’s penis. 

IMG_6703.jpeg.5105ff84b314322d0366d50e6aa569ab.jpeg

• Haha 1