Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

For sentences with two or more negatives, I eliminate two negatives at a time as they cancel each other out.

Like this:

610940B0-877D-44FC-BEA5-74C4A7D9045B.jpeg

Yeah but I can’t just put “true lcfc fan doesn’t love Nigel” that makes even less sense. 

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown

So do you mean it isn’t not true to say that no true City fan doesn’t not say they don’t not love big Nige?

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Not got a clue what you're talking about but I need help with a LOT of things at the moment!

Cool, I was just wondering why you've decided to insult me in your signature like some awkward teenager.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Cool, I was just wondering why you've decided to insult me in your signature like some awkward teenager.

If you mean the signature that's been the same for about 5 years and I don't know how to change then we need to go back in time 5 years and have this chat.

If its any consolation, there is zero chance of you ever catching FIF and some others of late have overtaken you.

• Haha 1

If you mean the signature that's been the same for about 5 years and I don't know how to change then we need to go back in time 5 years and have this chat.

If its any consolation, there is zero chance of you ever catching FIF and some others of late have overtaken you.

Ah I think I know then, I recently purged a bunch of ignore settings and I guess your daft sig was among them.  Just go to your profile settings.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ah I think I know then, I recently purged a bunch of ignore settings and I guess your daft sig was among them.  Just go to your profile settings.

I'll have a look. I reckon about 94% of the forum has me on ignore.

The top 6% take notice.

I'll have a look. I reckon about 94% of the forum has me on ignore.

The top 6% take notice.

Just the signature, a person has to go to great lengths to actually get put on my ignore list.  I like seeing what people come out with.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just the signature, a person has to go to great lengths to actually get put on my ignore list.  I like seeing what people come out with.

I genuinely can't find how to change my sig. I realise this make me worthy of going on my own idiot list.

HELP!

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I genuinely can't find how to change my sig. I realise this make me worthy of going on my own idiot list.

HELP!

Sorry account settings, not profile settings, then it's in the box on the left.

18 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I don’t like the framing of the Community Shield as a ‘meaningless friendly’. Seen this more and more recently and why I appreciate other’s opinions it’s always been a bit odd to me. 

It’s a cup match at Wembley between the winners of English Football’s two largest prizes with well over a hundred years of history. Up until our new golden era it made a quarter of our major honours. 

Im not saying we should revere it, or that it’ll be completely gutted if we lose, but some of the attitudes around it seem a little odd, and even if you discount its worth as a competition then its still great to win silverware before the league has kicked off, especially if our goal is to fill our trophy cabinet as much as possible next year.

its only a friendly if you lose

28 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I don’t like the framing of the Community Shield as a ‘meaningless friendly’. Seen this more and more recently and why I appreciate other’s opinions it’s always been a bit odd to me. 

It’s a cup match at Wembley between the winners of English Football’s two largest prizes with well over a hundred years of history. Up until our new golden era it made a quarter of our major honours. 

Im not saying we should revere it, or that it’ll be completely gutted if we lose, but some of the attitudes around it seem a little odd, and even if you discount its worth as a competition then its still great to win silverware before the league has kicked off, especially if our goal is to fill our trophy cabinet as much as possible next year.

Try telling Kevin Keegan and Billy Bremner it’s a meaningless friendly 

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
45 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

If people enjoy it or get excited about it then fair enough, but for me it’s meaningless - and I’d certainly argue that it’s not a major honour. For me a meaningless friendly is exactly what it is, and I’ve never watched a charity/community shield game, but I’m not going to put people down for feeling differently. Maybe I’m missing out on a fun match, who knows?

Just awarding a trophy doesn’t make it meaningful though - any more than the pre-season game yesterday meant anything because they stuck a cup on it!

9 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

If people enjoy it or get excited about it then fair enough, but for me it’s meaningless - and I’d certainly argue that it’s not a major honour. For me a meaningless friendly is exactly what it is, and I’ve never watched a charity/community shield game, but I’m not going to put people down for feeling differently. Maybe I’m missing out on a fun match, who knows?

Just awarding a trophy doesn’t make it meaningful though - any more than the pre-season game yesterday meant anything because they stuck a cup on it!

Its only described as a friendly due to when it is in the season  (ie pre-season) and of course the losers describe it as a friendly... but consider the following:

- FA acknowledge it as a trophy and real competition

- You have to 'qualify'

- Its at Wembley

- Huge amounts will turn up 

and crucially

- Neutrals will tune in on television

So yeah; its not just a friendly (and just ask any of our lot who play in it if it's 'just a friendly')

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Its only described as a friendly due to when it is in the season  (ie pre-season) and of course the losers describe it as a friendly... but consider the following:

- FA acknowledge it as a trophy and real competition

- You have to 'qualify'

- Its at Wembley

- Huge amounts will turn up 

and crucially

- Neutrals will tune in on television

So yeah; its not just a friendly (and just ask any of our lot who play in it if it's 'just a friendly')

Is it the hardest qualification stipulation in sport?

Excluding the European Super Cup. That's damn hard.