Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 03/07/2021 at 11:26, foxfanazer said:

Currently watching Free Solo. Absolutely mind blowing stuff about a guy climbing a huge mountain in Yosemite with no ropes or anything. It's staggering what man is capable of

On 03/07/2021 at 19:15, Soup said:

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Watching it at the end was so nerve wracking

It is surely one of, if not the, most impressive feats of human athleticism and endurance ever.

He's written a book called Alone on the Wall as well if you weren't aware. It was after he free solo'd Half Dome, but prior to El Capitan. Well worth a read.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ajthefox said:

It is surely one of, if not the, most impressive feats of human athleticism and endurance ever.

He's written a book called Alone on the Wall as well if you weren't aware. It was after he free solo'd Half Dome, but prior to El Capitan. Well worth a read.

You could be right,  one tiny slip and it's goodbye. A lot of these free climbers do meet there match unfortunately but it doesn't seem to stop others doing what they love. I do a bit of bouldering, only low level stuff but it makes me think how strong these guys must be. My muscle's are in agony after a session.

I'll definitely check out the book :)

• Like 1

On 17/07/2021 at 19:32, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Took us over at our lowest ever position - won the League One title at a canter.

Next season - got us into the Championship play offs, only denied Wembley by pens.

--- Huge progress, gave us all hope again

Came back after the Sousa/Sven disasters - rooted out the trouble, rebuilt the squad.

Led us to the play offs - a missed penalty away from the final.

Next season - romped to the Championship title with 100+ points

Next season - kept us in the Premier League.

--- Huge progress, built the foundations for others to profit from

[We wouldn't have won the PL with him but we wouldn't have won it without him]

He's not beyond criticism and did some barking mad things at times but his overall record with us is superb IMHO.

That's why the majority still love him and probably always will.

PS. Did he actually headbutt a player, has that been confirmed or still gossip? And even if he did, do you think the player might have deserved it? Abused supporters... yeah he gave some shit back to someone who was constantly abusing him - can't blame him hugely for reacting. As for the scandal, three young kids did a stupid thing - not sure you can blame him massively for that, even if one of them was his son.

I'm forever grateful for what he did, but there was a reason for him getting sacked in the unceremonious and embarrassing way he did.

The owners were vilified, and rightfully they were right, they said they did it for the right reasons and best for the club, for which I trust them well more then a hot head manager.

From BBC. 

Leicester City have sacked manager Nigel Pearson, saying the working relationship between him and the club's board was "no longer viable".

Pearson, 51, guided the Foxes to 14th in the Premier League in 2014-15.

But he was involved in several high-profile incidents, including calling a journalist an "ostrich" and clashing with Crystal Palace's James McArthur.

"It has become clear that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us," said a club statement.

Edited by Dr The Singh

image.png.27016e61b18db3c297437ac021638098.png

image.thumb.png.8a8a350d87e1540ff84e8d05de216163.png

Was watching Car SOS on you tube the other night and it was for a car whose owner lived in Leicester. Right at the end, as he drove off, I spied his Blue Army car sticker. I was more chuffed than I ought to have been! Just delighted to see another one of us out there :-)

• Like 1

Looking out of my bedroom window this morning, I saw a van pull up partially hidden by our tall bushes. I saw a man get out, open the back doors and take something out and put it under a bush then drive off. I went to have a look and it was a faecal macerator. We'd been fly tipped!!

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

So you dropped your  99...

A few years ago, our ice cream man charged 89p for a 99.

With great excitement I guessed they would be 99p for a 99 the following year.

What a marvellous opportunity for some synchronicity I thought.

But no, they went up to £1:05.

What a tragically lost opportunity.

Well, I thought so.....

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

On 20/07/2021 at 17:36, Soup said:

You could be right,  one tiny slip and it's goodbye. A lot of these free climbers do meet there match unfortunately but it doesn't seem to stop others doing what they love. I do a bit of bouldering, only low level stuff but it makes me think how strong these guys must be. My muscle's are in agony after a session.

I'll definitely check out the book :)

I could not fathom some of the climbing he did. It didn't just look difficult but it actually looked impossible. Surely there's no way to keep hold of a granite surface with your fingertips. 

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I could not fathom some of the climbing he did. It didn't just look difficult but it actually looked impossible. Surely there's no way to keep hold of a granite surface with your fingertips. 

I bet Max Bygraves didn t have this on his list....

" You Need Hands "

Edited by fuchsntf

43 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Yeah I know what you mean. The only thing I can say is free climbers must know their routes, they must of done them many times with ropes. So then it's all in the mind. I could be wrong though

11 hours ago, Unabomber said:

No true lcfc fan doesn’t not love Nigel. He completely saved our club and turned us around. If it wasn’t for him we would prob be in league 2.

True LCFC fans support LCFC. That’s it. 

True NP fans support NP. 

Naturally there is large overlap but I’m in group one not group two and group one doesn’t need group two gatekeeping. 

• Like 2

On 19/07/2021 at 05:55, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It wasn't all plain sailing though was it? Got a vague recollection that he was picked on by some troublemaking ne'er-do-wells and was dispatched to a different part of the country to live with his extended family.

hmmm....this sounds like a fresh take on things

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I read my post many times and still couldn’t work out if it stated my intentions. 

For sentences with two or more negatives, I eliminate two negatives at a time as they cancel each other out.

Like this:

610940B0-877D-44FC-BEA5-74C4A7D9045B.jpeg