Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I think unless you know his family tree it's hard to guess isn't it. But i'd imagine he probably has some British in there somewhere... unless they're paying him an absolute wedge which I highly doubt

Can't see that being the case about his nationality, it needs to be a bit more clear cut than that. I mean we all originate from Adam and Eve don't we? 😂

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't see that being the case about his nationality, it needs to be a bit more clear cut than that. I mean we all originate from Adam and Eve don't we? 😂

Yeah I just mean he might have two passports :) 

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So now I'm very confused. Allardyce says he's seen 3 deals scuppered due to the new transfer rules and then Charlton go and sign a Danish 31 year old journeymen striker. Are the rules relaxed in the lower leagues?

I don't think that transfer by Charlton has to deal with the new transfer rules/work permits, it is being done on the EU Settlement Scheme, and apparently he has been in England since early December

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ff36a3673a68/done-deal-the-addicks-complete-the-signing-of-striker-ronnie-schwartz

"Schwartz will require Home Office approval under the EU Settlement Scheme before he can play for the Addicks, with the Charlton hierarchy hopeful of approval ahead of Friday’s game against Accrington Stanley."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don't think that transfer by Charlton has to deal with the new transfer rules/work permits, it is being done on the EU Settlement Scheme, and apparently he has been in England since early December

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ff36a3673a68/done-deal-the-addicks-complete-the-signing-of-striker-ronnie-schwartz

"Schwartz will require Home Office approval under the EU Settlement Scheme before he can play for the Addicks, with the Charlton hierarchy hopeful of approval ahead of Friday’s game against Accrington Stanley."

Interesting, I wonder if this is something other clubs can explore or just a rare case of it being so close to when the new transfer rules came in to force. Watford have recently signed a Bodo/Glimt  winger who was mustard for them but not made any international appearances before and based on the media reports that Jens Petter Hague (Bodo's star who went to Milan) wouldn't have got a work permit here under the new rules seems a bit bizarre. 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting, I wonder if this is something other clubs can explore or just a rare case of it being so close to when the new transfer rules came in to force. Watford have recently signed a Bodo/Glimt  winger who was mustard for them but not made any international appearances before and based on the media reports that Jens Petter Hague (Bodo's star who went to Milan) wouldn't have got a work permit here under the new rules seems a bit bizarre. 

Looking at this article it looks like Watford managed to sign him under the same EU settlement scheme as well, as apparently he has had an address here since September

http://sportwitness.co.uk/watford-zinckernagel-transfer-brexit/

Strange as I have never really heard of this scheme being used for signings, I wonder if this could be the way of getting Sowah his work permit if he has a residence here?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looking at this article it looks like Watford managed to sign him under the same EU settlement scheme as well, as apparently he has had an address here since September

Strange as I have never really heard of this scheme being used for signings, I wonder if this could be the way of getting Sowah his work permit if he has a residence here?

Its basically the same "settled" ruling that means current contracted players can stay. So the likes of Youri etc for us. 

Clearly a lot of clubs have been thinking ahead, clever from Watford but you'd expect nothing less from them when it comes to transfer dealings ;) especially given Zahavi is the agent on this one lol 

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Good work, sadly it looks like these loopholes won't be as easy to obtain the longer the new rules have been in force and this isn't some evidence that the new rules aren't as difficult to meet the criteria on. 

Good point regarding Sowah, you'd hope that would be a work around and I read something about Brighton now being confident they could get Percy Tau a work permit after him playing in Belgium.

16 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

I know some will throw in the usual "bad attitude" rubbish because of how he is on the pitch, but i'd take a punt on Marko Arnautović for a season or 2

I wouldn't so much question his attitude but rather why he can't get a game for Fulham. Seems strange. 

7 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Anthony Martial is having a somewhat stuttering career at Man Utd. Could we tempt him here if we qualified for Europe again? Offers quality across the front 3, is pacy and still young. 

I think he'd rather warm the bench at MU

8 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Anthony Martial is having a somewhat stuttering career at Man Utd. Could we tempt him here if we qualified for Europe again? Offers quality across the front 3, is pacy and still young. 

Tony Martial came from the Manc's

FoxesTalk said he had no chance

40 million down the drain

Tony Martial misses again

I'll get my coat. :D

1 hour ago, BlackFox said:

I think he'd rather warm the bench at MU

Jose killed him. Martial was an absolute Desmond as a younger player. Obscenely talented but doesn’t quite have the attitude to fit a huge club like United. Jose butchered him playing him out wide.... there’s always a chance a better man manager can get the talent out of him, but I’d fear the game is no more than money to him at the moment. Shame, he is actually a great player.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Jose killed him. Martial was an absolute Desmond as a younger player. Obscenely talented but doesn’t quite have the attitude to fit a huge club like United. Jose butchered him playing him out wide.... there’s always a chance a better man manager can get the talent out of him, but I’d fear the game is no more than money to him at the moment. Shame, he is actually a great player.

I fully agree, he is a huge talent, but once he tasted the big money there is no turning back. Personally I'd be glad if he joins us.

17 hours ago, Luttfox said:

I know some will throw in the usual "bad attitude" rubbish because of how he is on the pitch, but i'd take a punt on Marko Arnautović for a season or 2

I mean, it's not so much on the pitch where the attitude causes issues is it? Throw in the bloke has been semi retired since leaving West Ham, will be on ridiculous wages and is the antithesis of our transfer model - you're alright brother.

• Like 2

Should we take a look at Pelle? Just been released in China, due to their League restructuring.

35 now, but could be an option on a short term contract coming off the bench? 
A different option in those games where we need a late goal.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Should we take a look at Pelle? Just been released in China, due to their League restructuring.

35 now, but could be an option on a short term contract coming off the bench? 
A different option in those games where we need a late goal.

No