Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We really ought to have tried to do this prior to January 1st as the sort of striker that fits this plan would be aged 17 - 20 from overseas and the likelihood of us getting that type of player is now limited. Wahid Fagir was linked to us a number of times in the last year and it was rumoured a fee of around £2.5m would have got him in the last window and we opted not to nor take advantage of one last chance of a free run at young EU players. 

I suppose what the alternative now is, is we get Leuven to buy such players and park them there until they get the required experience and work permit to come here. I'm not sure if we can sign them and send them straight there or have to sign them for Leuven and then be a bit naughty with transferring them to us when they tick all the boxes.

Just googled him and he has 3 goals in 11 starts for a Danish top flight club and though "Nah".

On closer inspection though he is only 17 years and 5 months old so that's looks promising.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...would you not believe clubs will look to non European countries to recruit!!!

Turning to our domestic market does not give you value for money and as this is a business venture, surely the trend will be to scout in Africa and Latin America. 

South America has now opened up and the countries that compete in the equivalent of the Champions League. Everywhere else though remains restricted due to the weighting of the leagues. Getting players from Scandinavia is going to be very difficult too.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I think the real reason we bought OHL will become very clear this month and in the summer. 

...frustratingly it really does not sit right that we would choose to utilise a supposed loophole in this way!!!

OHL has its own identity and loyal fanbase, putting players through their club in order to circumvent a system may benefit them short term but it still feels wrong to go down these lines.

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...frustratingly it really does not sit right that we would choose to utilise a supposed loophole in this way!!!

OHL has its own identity and loyal fanbase, putting players through their club in order to circumvent a system may benefit them short term but it still feels wrong to go down these lines.

But it's not as if we've brought them and not invested and changed their entire identity? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I mean when you’ve got Man City cheating financial fair play in our league it’s hardly the biggest sin. We’ve done a good job at staying ahead of the game with recruitment etc. and this is just another part of that. 

Plus I don’t think Leuven fans will be unhappy with King Power’s contribution so far to their club. If anything it also helps develop plenty of more young footballers even if they don’t become Leicester City players after their time at OHL.

....yeah you are right about the Manchester City situation, but that is down to the weakness of the ruling bodies governing the game!!!

The fact that someone is doing wrong somewhere does not mean it is right and we should follow, as if to make it ok. 

Hirst going to Leuven is a situation that developed and left a bad taste in the mouth and incurred the wrath of Sheffield Wednesday. The development of OHL is down to working within the Belgian League and gaining the knowledge of players and recruitment of experience Coaches. I would think they would rather grow through investment and what they do on the park rather than putting players through their club destined for somewhere else. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

To be fair they were sink in Div 2 when King Power turned up.

They have benefited more from the arrangement  so far.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair they were sink in Div 2 when King Power turned up.

They have benefited more from the arrangement  so far.

....it is not the situation that we are alluding to manipulate in view of Brexit!!!

At this moment they have benefitted from King Powers investment. We made initial errors in how we attempted to run OHL, and since we have used the Belgian League in respect of players and Coaching staff, there has been a significant improvement.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I think k if we do go down this route, we won't take the piss. We'll not undercut Leuven, just give ourselves first refusal for the market price.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is not the situation that we are alluding to manipulate in view of Brexit!!!

At this moment they have benefitted from King Powers investment. We made initial errors in how we attempted to run OHL, and since we have used the Belgian League in respect of players and Coaching staff, there has been a significant improvement.

If we do, it would be against the spirit of the game but not the rules.

As long as we treat OHL fairly and it benefits them as much as us, I'm ok with it.

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Palace have priced Zaha out of a move in the last year or so, no longer do any of the big 6 want him and therefore the likes of us or Everton etc would need to be quoted a normal price of sub £40m to do business, which even then we possibly wouldn't do. Therefore the player is stuck unless they run their contract down. Eze is young and if he tears it up he will possibly attract a huge move but as a stepping stone club, you really have to pick carefully otherwise players can find it very hard to move on the PL. It's going to be even harder now that these new transfer rules have come in as well, the pool of players to sign becomes smaller.

Agree about Zaha - they were looking at about £70 mill to make the deal - I doubt anyone will get close to that for a 29yo . Everton might have been tempted but they won’t jump now - we certainly won’t 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

On the transfer window: "There maybe more going out than coming in. Finances are tight." BR after todays game.

Hopefully its deadwood.

I’m guessing Finances were tight when we signed Tieliemans on loan. So no reason we can’t get a player of that level on loan. Ie Lemar on loan from athletico

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

On the transfer window: "There maybe more going out than coming in. Finances are tight." BR after todays game.

Hopefully its deadwood.

I'm sure it is deadwood. Can't see us selling anyone important in Jan. I think Hamza could go out on loan. Maybe Gray or Slimani will leave. Probably a loan, though, as I bet they'll be looking for a big signing-on fee in the summer. I suppose we could be selling Matty James, Ghezzal or Knight.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Would thauvin on loan for the rest of the season be an option? If he’s planning on leaving! Marseille might as well take a loan fee and lose his wages 

I highly doubt it, he's too important a player for them in the second half of the season to sacrifice for a few million quid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What do you honestly think you'd get for him? 18 months left on his contract I can't see the fee being more than 20m, probably 15m come the summer.

I'd love 20m for him but would be amazed if we got that, 15m absolute tops. Even then there is not much point in that as we'll owe PSG 30% if we sell him for more than we bought him for (£9m).