Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Perhaps I’m missing something with the benkovic to Celtic connection? 

He went to Celtic when Br was manager and since then they’ve changed scouts and the management set up. What’s the connection now? 

are the board pushing for this or is it simply fan speculation based on the fact he was decent there? 

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...mentioned that loads of times, not going to happen sadly!!!

His link up with Boadu is a big feature in Boadu scoring record this season, the ideal scenario would be to get both.

I followed AZ a lot last season and Stengs, Boadu, Idrissi, Koopmeiners and Wijndal were unbelievable. They were like Frankfurt the season before as my favourite European team. However, this season Stengs and Boadu have been very mediocre. Stengs has improved a bit recently but Boadu has been worryingly poor this season. I think AZ have probably peaked with these players and several will be sold, its Wijndal and Koopmeiners who are having quality seasons again though.

I'd still love Stengs and Boadu though, £50m would easily get the pair.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Perhaps I’m missing something with the benkovic to Celtic connection? 

He went to Celtic when Br was manager and since then they’ve changed scouts and the management set up. What’s the connection now? 

are the board pushing for this or is it simply fan speculation based on the fact he was decent there? 

Speaking to Croatian outlet Sports Novosti before he left, Benkovic said: “I have been really pleased with my season at Celtic. Of course, you can always do better, but I have played a lot of games at a very high level. Everyone at Celtic has told me they are happy with me.

“I have spoken to Neil Lennon. He told me that he would like me to stay at Celtic for another season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Speaking to Croatian outlet Sports Novosti before he left, Benkovic said: “I have been really pleased with my season at Celtic. Of course, you can always do better, but I have played a lot of games at a very high level. Everyone at Celtic has told me they are happy with me.

“I have spoken to Neil Lennon. He told me that he would like me to stay at Celtic for another season.

Played at a very high level?  Did he play somewhere other than Celtic? Asking for a friend. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

My worry is, Bristol City, who desperately need a CB (probably 2) aren't banging the door down to get him back...

Good point but I wonder how much we ask a club for wages wise? If they also see him as a potential injury risk it probably puts them off. There's got to be a reason why there aren't many takers and if you can't force your way into a Bristol or Cardiff side then probably it speaks volumes. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Diego Costa, scores goals and everyone thinks he’s a cvnt apart from fans who he plays for... bit like Vardy

Have you actually seen him play football in the last three seasons? A worrying amount of people on this forum think he’d be a good signing. God forbid.

13 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Watching almiron for Newcastle! Great work rate and technical ability. I think with a better coach/better players around him he’d make a great signing. Great attitude 

...love his tenacity!!!

Very much a player who incorporates our DNA and as a squad player, he would be a great asset. Perhaps he could just be the player we need when all is going wrong to lift the team by his industry and never say die attitude. 

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we don't bring anyone in this window. Brexit, COVID must be having an impact. I think we'll be trimming down the squad rather than adding to it 

Agreed. Clear out the likes of slim and Grey, pocket the savings on wages to offset any losses due to COVID.

further releases in summer being Fuchs and Morgan will then allow a fb, cb, winger and striker to replace them in the summer

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...love his tenacity!!!

Very much a player who incorporates our DNA and as a squad player, he would be a great asset. Perhaps he could just be the player we need when all is going wrong to lift the team by his industry and never say die attitude. 

Can see a great player there! Just so hard when you have a negative manager and lack of players around supporting you in attack. At Leicester he’d have less leg work and be able to show that quality better! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we don't bring anyone in this window. Brexit, COVID must be having an impact. I think we'll be trimming down the squad rather than adding to it 

Could potentially see a loan deal happening if we can move a couple on.

In an ideal world Slimani and Gray will leave now enabling us to loan in a striker/winger 

1 hour ago, AS78UK said:

Patson Daka linked with West Ham this morning in the Mirror should be one that we consider, before they get him first.  

...replacing Vardy is going to be a lot more difficult than you might think!!!

Can't see Daka sitting on the bench for occasional games, he needs to be playing regularly for International football. 

It will have to be a promising young player we feed into our system who can also be mentored by Vardy.

The older Vardy gets the more he will want to play, we bring a player of Daka's stature in and Vardy retires at Sheffield Wednesday. We do not play with two up front.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Boulaye Dia with another 2 goals yesterday  although 1 was a penalty so doesn't count.

*Yawn* I made it quite clear why I found the amount of penalties concerning but here we go again....

Up until this season he'd not scored more than 7 league goals and the first season he does score more, 40% of his goals are penalties. And we don't need a penalty taker as we have Maddison and Tielemans. I made it clear his penalties are irrelevant to LEICESTER not in general. If a team needed a penalty taker I'm sure he'd seem a much better prospect. If you seriously think that's me saying "penalties don't count" then I give up.

Won't bother trying to have a conversation in future as you clearly have no interest in actually reading what I said and are only going to try and belittle me.