Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

32 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Stokes GK looked good I thought, only 20 years old! Kasper is still in the prime of his career but maybe someone to keep tabs on - can’t see jakupovic or ward being good enough to replace him & I can’t comment on iverson!

Looked a talent didn't he. I loved the commentator like 'they're really keen on him here'... to the point where they signed Andy Lonergan and Nikki Maenpa on month to month contracts to ensure they didn't have to play him last season lol 

I think Kaspers replacement has to be of a level of experience already. Look at big clubs who have made young keepers their number ones. Kepa flopped, De Gea almost did, luckily United were patient.

My shortlist at the minute for a Kasper replacement...

David Raya

Martin Dubravka

Dominik Livakovic

Andre Onana

Edited by AjcW

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

*Yawn* I made it quite clear why I found the amount of penalties concerning but here we go again....

Up until this season he'd not scored more than 7 league goals and the first season he does score more, 40% of his goals are penalties. And we don't need a penalty taker as we have Maddison and Tielemans. I made it clear his penalties are irrelevant to LEICESTER not in general. If a team needed a penalty taker I'm sure he'd seem a much better prospect. If you seriously think that's me saying "penalties don't count" then I give up.

Won't bother trying to have a conversation in future as you clearly have no interest in actually reading what I said and are only going to try and belittle me.

Oooooooh mince, I was joking hahaha

Anyway, you say penalties are irrelevant but they aren't are they as we get loads of them and its irksome when we miss them! Dia would be a back up to Vardy or play out wide bit if Vardy wasn't playing there's a good chance he takes penalties for us and his success rate is good. Tielemans is very good but Maddison has been an abysmal penalty taker, he's missed more than he's scored for us. He now has the same amount of open play goals as Mbappe.

I do take your point about this being his first season of being prolific but that's offset by the fact he is available for around £12.5m and as a back up striker there's going to be some risk involved. I'd rather we went for a player in form for a reasonable price that looks progressive and is like Vardy in the sense he has low miles on the clock due to coming in to the game later than most and he's a good age than a player who has lost his way like Edouard or Milik.

35 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I remember when Gary Hooper looked like Pele in Scotland because he could score regularly past the keeper of the Dog and Gun Inn. 15 million would be a stretch never mind 40.

It was what Celtic were asking for, not necessarily what theyll get. If he did turn out to be prolific, that would be very reasonable. 

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

I remember when Gary Hooper looked like Pele in Scotland because he could score regularly past the keeper of the Dog and Gun Inn. 15 million would be a stretch never mind 40.

Kieran Tierney also who is now one ofthe best left backs in the league. You could have had him for half of what you got for Chilwell and he's a better player. Scottish football is crap but there is the odd diamond in the rough as has proven to have been the case lately so turn your nose up at it at your pearl.

You could always go and give Sporting Lisbon £50m again, that worked out really well in the past.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It was what Celtic were asking for, not necessarily what theyll get. If he did turn out to be prolific, that would be very reasonable. 

Celtic aren't and won't be asking for £40m, let's get back to the real world please. It's the Express lol

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I’d be surprised if we do sign anyone from Celtic and vice versa. With what happened with Rodgers joining us I’d be amazed. 

I genuinely don't think there is any bad blood between either parties now, in fact I think the relationship between Lawell and Rodgers is now better than what it was when he was here. Various quotes from lawell and the fact hey ahd an interview with Rodgers on the website about 6 months ago suggests they are on good terms.

Whether any of our players are good enough is the more pertinent question. I think McGregor is but I don't think you need him and think the money could be better spent elsewhere. I believe the Edouard of last season is good enough and if you were to get him for £10-15m as will likely be the case I think he's well worth a punt at that price. Beyond those two, there's no one though, this is far from a vintage crop at Celtic at the moment.

If Lawell gets the money he wants for a player he'd sell them to Rangers if it meant getting the money in.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Kieran Tierney also who is now one ofthe best left backs in the league. You could have had him for half of what you got for Chilwell and he's a better player. Scottish football is crap but there is the odd diamond in the rough as has proven to have been the case lately so turn your nose up at it at your pearl.

You could always go and give Sporting Lisbon £50m again, that worked out really well in the past.

...would have loved to have picked up Tierney!!!

If I recall was it more a matter of timing, as he wanted the 9 in 9 and was not going to leave until the season was concluded. When Rodgers took over, Chilwell was not going anywhere, so Tierney went to Arsenal and we had missed the boat. If it wasn't for the emergence of JJ, Castagne and Thomas I would still be ruing how we missed out.

ps.

lost a lot of the impact with that typo.......but well said!!!

Now how about Demarai and Nacho going to Celtic and Edouard and Karamoko coming here. I know you said Karamoko has slipped down the list so we might be able to give him the environment he needs to get back to where he should be..have a word with Lenny.....you know it makes sense!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...would have loved to have picked up Tierney!!!

If I recall was it more a matter of timing, as he wanted the 9 in 9 and was not going to leave until the season was concluded. When Rodgers took over, Chilwell was not going anywhere, so Tierney went to Arsenal and we had missed the boat. If it wasn't for the emergence of JJ, Castagne and Thomas I would still be ruing how we missed out.

ps.

lost a lot of the impact with that typo.......but well said!!!

Now how about Demarai and Nacho going to Celtic and Edouard and Karamoko coming here. I know you said Karamoko has slipped down the list so we might be able to give him the environment he needs to get back to where he should be..have a word with Lenny.....you know it makes sense!!!

I wouldn't take Nacho if you paid us to take him lol! I've never rated him. I'd take Gray though, as much as he's poor at EPL level he'd run riot in Scotland. I could see him having a similar impact to what Sinclair had in his first couple of seasons with us.

Karamoko you'll be able to pick up for free from now as his conract is up at the end of the season and he ain't signing a new one. He seems to have stalled a good bit the last couple of years both physically and in terms of footballing ability. He played most of our pre-season games and looked very much like a boy playing a man's game. He's still got a way to go before he's close to being ready for first team football even at Scottish level let alone the EPL. That said I doubt playing under Lennon has helped his development much.

35 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I wouldn't take Nacho if you paid us to take him lol! I've never rated him. I'd take Gray though, as much as he's poor at EPL level he'd run riot in Scotland. I could see him having a similar impact to what Sinclair had in his first couple of seasons with us.

Karamoko you'll be able to pick up for free from now as his conract is up at the end of the season and he ain't signing a new one. He seems to have stalled a good bit the last couple of years both physically and in terms of footballing ability. He played most of our pre-season games and looked very much like a boy playing a man's game. He's still got a way to go before he's close to being ready for first team football even at Scottish level let alone the EPL. That said I doubt playing under Lennon has helped his development much.

...I do imagine Gray playing for Celtic would be ideal for him, but I have a feeling he is not looking to leave the Midlands!!!

Can you envisage Rodgers coming in for him in the January window as I can't see that we could pick him up for free because of his age.

His size was a possibility of becoming a factor and for this to be the reason he fails to achieve is dream is pretty cruel. I still would like to take a chance on him as although he may not grow vertically he will add strength to his physique and operating in midfield is not dominated by height. I suspect he needs to reset and the move will do him good.

For Celtic I suppose, his progression stalling has cost you a potential £50-60m in revenue.

36 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do imagine Gray playing for Celtic would be ideal for him, but I have a feeling he is not looking to leave the Midlands!!!

Can you envisage Rodgers coming in for him in the January window as I can't see that we could pick him up for free because of his age.

His size was a possibility of becoming a factor and for this to be the reason he fails to achieve is dream is pretty cruel. I still would like to take a chance on him as although he may not grow vertically he will add strength to his physique and operating in midfield is not dominated by height. I suspect he needs to reset and the move will do him good.

For Celtic I suppose, his progression stalling has cost you a potential £50-60m in revenue.

I was meaning on a pre-contract. You could sign him for free on a free contract now, well next month when he is 18.

I don't think we'd ever get that money for any player tbh, even if he came into our side and was amazing. He's defnitely worth taking a punt on but the next couple of years are critical for him. 

It's not so much his height it's every aspect of playing a man's game he seems to fall short on at the moment. There is enough raw ability there though to take a chance on, particularly as he'll be a free agent.

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx
On 21/12/2020 at 23:27, Hansifüx said:

How about Silas Wamangituka?

keeps scoring in the Bundesliga ... and looks very dynamic and strong on the field. But I assume after this season his price tage will skyrocket ... definitely someone to watch  

11 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

keeps scoring in the Bundesliga ... and looks very dynamic and strong on the field. But I assume after this season his price tage will skyrocket ... definitely someone to watch  

Powerful lad and very good. Like a better Mikael Antonio.

15 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

....that ball goes too far away from his feet to be anyway effective in the Premiership!!!

Noticed not many through balls played in to support players and his runs and subsequent lay offs do not lead to openings for his team.

Got to say a no to this one.