Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd love 20m for him but would be amazed if we got that, 15m absolute tops. Even then there is not much point in that as we'll owe PSG 30% if we sell him for more than we bought him for (£9m).

30% of the profit or 30% of the total fee? 

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't know this for a fact but the rumours I've heard are 30% of the fee if greater than £9m.

So if you sold him for 15m that's what? 4.5m owed to PSG?1.5m profit of which you've probably paid him in wages and bonuses?

That's rough. Not like the Celtic board to drop the ball on making profit.   

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Would thauvin on loan for the rest of the season be an option? If he’s planning on leaving! Marseille might as well take a loan fee and lose his wages 

...we have Ünder in place for that position, we really have not enough finance to carry wages for two players who perhaps will not be a permanent fixture next season!!!

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have Ünder in place for that position, we really have not enough finance to carry wages for two players who perhaps will not be a permanent fixture next season!!!

You need 3 quality wingers! This idea of having two and completely ignoring injury/loss of form and having no one to mix things up is just plain silly

Edited by Heymister2015

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Come and take Edouard now as our season is over and he's barely tried a leg since August anyway.

Tbh he’s won every Micky mouse cup 2/3 times each, playing under a rubbish manager, contract running down and playing Sunday league teams most weeks. Your bound to be lacking motivation. I’m just surprised it’s taken him this long. At a smaller club, with a better manager, better training ground and professional football teams to play against you’d see the better version of Edouard. But I’d prefer the lad from Slavia Prague ultimately. 

1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

You need 3 quality wingers! This idea of having two and completely ignoring injury/loss of form and having no one to fix things up is just plain silly

.....should we get in Thauvin with Ünder still here and we don't even play him for some reason!!!

These are both quality players and one is not going to be sitting on the bench waiting for an injury or one of Rodgers whims. We haven't got the money and a striker will be a more sensible acquisition.

6 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Possibly Demarai Gray plus cash for Josh King from Bournemouth? Would make a decent backup and possibly get 10-15 goals a season. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure that will be the easiest opinion to defend given he's yet to score this season. 

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...can't see Gray and Slimani going now.......far too much to lose in signing on fees and wages!!!

And unlikely to get injured not playing. I think you are spot on!

10 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

You need 3 quality wingers! This idea of having two and completely ignoring injury/loss of form and having no one to mix things up is just plain silly

In the short to medium term future I don't see Rodgers using more than 1 out and out winger in the mould of Barnes or Ünder. Ünder can't even get a sniff during games we are comfortably winning and the longer we remain highly effective at the top end of the table with the squad of elite defenders we have then I think Rodgers will use 3-4-2-1 / 4-1-4-1 with players who can switch mid game. 

I'd not be shocked to see us not sign Ünder, nor buy another winger and go for another central attacking midfielder. Good bye my lover (wingers) you've been the one, you've been the one for me.

19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

William Saliba getting out of his Arsenal nightmare with a loan to Nice. Wasn't he rated higher than Fofana at St Etienne? Chose the wrong club, same could've happened to Lil' Wes had he gone there. 

Yes he was, and I believe he also had a personal issue (Family death) during his time at Arsenal. Did wonder if we might fancy a ,look, but Arsenal would likely refuse I guess!

18 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

On the transfer window: "There maybe more going out than coming in. Finances are tight." BR after todays game.

Hopefully its deadwood.

So we're at The Deadwood Stage. Cue song (another one for our older readers.)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

So we're at The Deadwood Stage. Cue song (another one for our older readers.)

Whip crack away whip crack away....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Possibly Demarai Gray plus cash for Josh King from Bournemouth? Would make a decent backup and possibly get 10-15 goals a season. Just my opinion.

..I get the impression that he is not too keen to leave the Midlands!!!

Probably a move to WBA might be the go to move at the end of the season. 

40 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Demiral getting increasingly frustrated at Juve apparently 

Bizarrely he's fourth choice so no wonder he wants out.

I'm not sure we have room for another top CB as both Fofana and Soyuncu will want substantial game time and can we really drop Evans anyway? It's already a headache.

I imagine if we didn't go for Fofana in the summer we'd be back in for Demiral now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

James from Man Utd, young quick, our type of signing....not too expensive....thoughts?

I’d take him here, I think he would suit us more than he suits them. But I’m not sure United would cut an attractive enough deal. 

• Like 1