Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

12 hours ago, shailen said:

Anyone think there is a chance we could get memphis depay? I still think we need a goal scoring winger to help Vardy and he's available on a free in the summer so it might only take £20m + big wages to get him now. Dunno if the new training ground is a big enough prize for him. 

Given Juventus, Barcelona and a host of other perennial CL clubs are after him I'd say there's as much chance of this happening as Rodgers leaving Leicester and coming back to Celtic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anyone think there is a chance we could get memphis depay? I still think we need a goal scoring winger to help Vardy and he's available on a free in the summer so it might only take £20m + big wages to get him now. Dunno if the new training ground is a big enough prize for him. 

Don't know where I read it (might have been on here tbh) but apparently he's gonna end up at Barca and it's already agreed.

As his contract ends at the end of the season he's going to want mega money though.

I don't understand the economics of paying £20m for a player who is available for free in 6 months... unless you think his market value if he was on a length contract is £100m +?

14 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I don't understand the economics of paying £20m for a player who is available for free in 6 months... unless you think his market value if he was on a length contract is £100m +?

Because £20m spent now could get us CL football?

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Patrick Bamford scoring for fun at Leeds seems to have found his scoring ability looks pretty decent, anyone take a chance on Bamford as reported that we may be interested or can we find someone better??

100% no. lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Patrick Bamford scoring for fun at Leeds seems to have found his scoring ability looks pretty decent, anyone take a chance on Bamford as reported that we may be interested or can we find someone better??

As far as I saw, it was never reported that we were interested in him but rather an ex player/ 

Pundit type suggesting we should go for him. 

24 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Patrick; how do you fancy swapping starting every week for a team that plays to your strengths for a fan base that idolises you for sitting on the bench at Leicester and the fanbase wanting to sell you within 6 months?

No?

What??

• Haha 2

I can't see the point of Benkovic going on loan to Celtic unless his time here is over, When he came back from Celtic it was said that we couldn't use him in the Prem having only been at Celtic so we'd be no closer to using him ourselves. He's coming towards the end of his contract having never played here. Surely a permanent move is the best option now, especially with Celtic needing a CB. What do you think muzzy_larsson

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

I can't see the point of Benkovic going on loan to Celtic unless his time here is over, When he came back from Celtic it was said that we couldn't use him in the Prem having only been at Celtic so we'd be no closer to using him ourselves. He's coming towards the end of his contract having never played here. Surely a permanent move is the best option now, especially with Celtic needing a CB. What do you think muzzy_larsson

You've got to get him playing somewhere though; no point just keeping him and not playing him. Cardiff didn't work out. I think Celtic is actually sensible. 

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

You've got to get him playing somewhere though; no point just keeping him and not playing him. Cardiff didn't work out. I think Celtic is actually sensible. 

I get what your saying, after all his time here I guess I'm saying I can't see the point of keeping him, If Celtic want him him at all I think the times right for a permanent move, I know previously they wanted a move. I know swaps are almost unheard of these days but an Edouard swap looks like it would suit everyone.

Just now, messerschmitt said:

I get what your saying, after all his time here I guess I'm saying I can't see the point of keeping him, If Celtic want him him at all I think the times right for a permanent move, I know previously they wanted a move. I know swaps are almost unheard of these days but an Edouard swap looks like it would suit everyone.

Yeah. Watch this space I suppose. They like Benkovic and BR is known to be a fan of Eduoard so I'd just keep an eye on that.

I actually think we might be able to get Edouard anyway and I wouldn't rule out a loan each way initially.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Yeah. Watch this space I suppose. They like Benkovic and BR is known to be a fan of Eduoard so I'd just keep an eye on that.

I actually think we might be able to get Edouard anyway and I wouldn't rule out a loan each way initially.

Actually that sounds really sensible, Dissapointed for Benkovic I thought he looked a really good player, excellent at bringing the ball out, you can tell he's played in other positions and very decent at taking a chance in front of goal, but its got to the point where his contracts running down and we could end up having signed him for 13M and leaving for free having hadly ever playing him.

There's a genuinely excellent player in Benkovic; that's very clear, but if he's not up to the rigours of modern football, or if the injuries have taken their toll mentally, then we may need to let him move on. He may just need a fresh start and perhaps a less physically intensive league might suit him. I don't watch enough SPL to comment, but defenders who aren't physically 100% robust, very rarely flourish in the PL.

It happened to an extent with Kramaric where he just didn't suit us for whatever reason at the time. I think all of us could see he was technically wonderful.

Maybe the same happens with Tavares.

Knockaert maybe fits in a similar box of technical and good fun, but not quick/strong/hard enough to be PL?

And perhaps with Nacho - as when he's on song and properly focussed, he's techncially very good (but conversely when low on confidence and momentum, he can trap it further than i can kick it)

I'm not 100% actually on Edouard but we 100% need to freshen up our attacking options. I also need to learn to spell his name in preparation.

Always a chance I'm talking rubbish.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Actually that sounds really sensible, Dissapointed for Benkovic I thought he looked a really good player, excellent at bringing the ball out, you can tell he's played in other positions and very decent at taking a chance in front of goal, but its got to the point where his contracts running down and we could end up having signed him for 13M and leaving for free having hadly ever playing him.

Cags and Benko were almost panic buys when we lacked CB's when they signed on. The irony being that it was Benko who they had focused on first until Cags took his chance the following year. When BR came in it was obvious through his comments that he never saw Benko as a premier league player.

11 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

There has to be a struggling Championship side we can get him too so he can start playing regularly. There is potential there and he still is young for a CB

I think the only issue with that is I can't see a struggling team putting their hopes in a player that hasn't been playing at any level for ages (apart from the occasional cameo) 

Normally the struggling teams are lacking goals so they try to bolster their attack. I could be wrong, but I don't think any team in that division is struggling much defensively, more offensively?