Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

In all honesty if we’ve looked at Eriksen then we’ve probably looked at Draxler. It would be like Youri all over again.... the fact the club are being so tight lipped about it would suggest to me it’s a player with a reputation. I imagine today that something will be leaked. 

Part of me thinks Cantwell, but then part of me thinks Draxler too. 

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

There are now two threads where I've seen the name Draxler appearing. Is this a fan wish, or have there actually been any rumours on this?

Draxler is an interesting one - he can and has already played this season in just a few appearances for PSG at CM AM LW & RW! Quality that can play anywhere across the middle and barely gets a look in at PSG - think he's featured 11 times against shite League 1 teams? Upgrade on Praet?

8 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

There are now two threads where I've seen the name Draxler appearing. Is this a fan wish, or have there actually been any rumours on this?

No links no, but the club are clearly negotiating with someone following BR comments, they’re being very tight lipped which could mean the player has a reputation. We looked at Eriksen, and going on the Youri transfer and reports BR liked wayward souls, Draxler fits the Bill. So it wouldn’t surprise me if Percy posts something about us trying to get Draxler at some point today. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sounding less and less like we will get one.

In terms of the 25 man squad we only have 23 players now. Could be just me but with the amount of games we have to play it feels very light, particularly as wes looks finished with his back.

Stop being such a teapot, it could be nearly done...... we’ve three days to get it done. We will get something sorted.

Just now, Nick said:

Draxler is an interesting one - he can and has already played this season in just a few appearances for PSG at CM AM LW & RW! Quality that can play anywhere across the middle and barely gets a look in at PSG - think he's featured 11 times against shite League 1 teams? Upgrade on Praet?

Draxler on form is better player than Praet but right now I would say he is on par with Praet if we bring him in our squad quality would definitely be stronger.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9203031/amp/Jose-Mourinho-ready-allow-Dele-Alli-leave-Spurs-outcast-faces-nervous-Daniel-Levy-wait.html

If this goes ahead I can definitely see us going for Draxler it might just be a case of that PSG want him off the books as soon as possible 

If anything has progressed, you’d presume we’ll hear something today from some sort or reliable source given the proximity of the deadline.

If the target was Otavio, I’m not sure he’d have started for Porto last night would he? Maybe that would’ve had no bearing on the transfer and I’m wrong?

It does leave me to think it’s not possibly him or it was and it’s not come off so we’re done. 

Fingers crossed for a new name today!!!

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No links no, but the club are clearly negotiating with someone following BR comments, they’re being very tight lipped which could mean the player has a reputation. We looked at Eriksen, and going on the Youri transfer and reports BR liked wayward souls, Draxler fits the Bill. So it wouldn’t surprise me if Percy posts something about us trying to get Draxler at some point today. 

Inside futbal suggesting he won’t go anywhere this month and would prefer to sit it out till June and go on a free, makes sense for him financially and probably his last big payday.

They also say Leeds sniffing around again after showing an interest in the summer.

PSG won’t need to rely on Spurs to make a transfer happen. If we provide the monies they will let him go. Levy is a tight as a nuns back passage, so he’s likely to make things difficult for them, where as we can swoop in and take Draxler and Spurs can just sell Ali. Jose probably won’t want him anyway, there’s looking at a lad from Burissia muchenlfkjsbajannsbdkkdjdnbsjaknabhdjdnndkdmnsjsj aren’t they? 

Just now, BKLFox said:

Inside futbal suggesting he won’t go anywhere this month and would prefer to sit it out till June and go on a free, makes sense for him financially and probably his last big payday.

They also say Leeds sniffing around again after showing an interest in the summer.

Not up to him really, if PSG won’t him off the books they will get rid of him as and when an acceptable bid comes in. Will be interesting to see what develops but he is certainly the type of player Rodgers would like to work with.

Just now, Pliskin said:

Not up to him really, if PSG won’t him off the books they will get rid of him as and when an acceptable bid comes in. Will be interesting to see what develops but he is certainly the type of player Rodgers would like to work with.

I would say It kinda is up to him as he only has 6mths left on his contract.

They would demand £15-20m to sell this window which brings the overall package down for him but sit it out 6mths he’s getting more.

Agree Certainly a player that Rodgers would bring the best out of again thou

55 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sounding less and less like we will get one.

In terms of the 25 man squad we only have 23 players now. Could be just me but with the amount of games we have to play it feels very light, particularly as wes looks finished with his back.

Well, we have 23 plus Fofana and Thomas, that's 25. Rodgers has always maintained he likes to have three goalkeepers and 22 first team outfield players, which is exactly what he's got. We should have Vardy, Ndidi and possibly Morgan all returning inside the next 2 weeks which leaves us with a very fit squad, and now we have Ricardo and Soyuncu back to being capable of 70+ minutes too.

Why you'd be arsed about Morgan anyway, when we have three CBs that would get in 19/20 teams in the league and another capable backup in Amartey (never mind Ndidi or Fuchs, the latter can't even get in a matchday squad at the moment due to the depth we have).

In fact, the numbers are a complete irrelevance to signing a midfielder because if we do get one then Hamza will leave, so the numbers available remain the same. And for what it's worth, at least one player will have to miss out on the Europa League squad (we can name 23 + Thomas if Hamza stays, 22 if not) - that's likely to be Praet and Morgan.