Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I wouldn’t mind if mcGregor was actually better than KDH but I really don’t think he  is 

Strongly disagree. McGregor is a cracking wee player and where he and KDH might share similarities in style of play, McGregor offers the team far more at this stage in their career.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

McGregor would be an ideal signing & anyone saying "yeah but he's going to look good in a poor scottish lge" well just go & stand inline with the rest of the stereotypes.

The lad can play & his stats can match this & what Rodgers was talking about in the 3 scouting test article something you can't teach, is heart & McGregor certainly has an over-sized arotic pump that's for sure.
He plays in the 6, 8 & 10 roles (as mentioned by Foxybear/MuzzyL)& has not looked out of place in either, he is just what we need & would certainly allow rotation for Ndidi, Youri & Madders knowing we'll be in safe hands, hell he's even played at LB in 10+ games & not shown himself up he just gets football & whats required of him in any role he's put in, he would also boost bite & leadership in the middle of the park.

He broke into the Celtic team as a winger too....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I mean yes, but what does that mean for dewsbury-hall? Id have no problems loaning the guy. But paying big bucks for one of Brendan’s favourites would really block KDH’s progression. 

There's no evidence (or no sufficient evidence) he'd be good enough to play for a top 4/top 6 PL side. Luke Thomas, yes, KDH? Not proven. 

• Like 2

Would love mcgregor or otavio coming in prior to the deadline. 

Left field option could be malinovsky from atalanta, they are about to sign kovalenko from shahktar and they already have ilicic, miranchuk, pessina and palasic fighting over 1 or 2 places even after gomez has left. God a bullet of a shot 

Just now, North Leeds Fox said:

Would love mcgregor or otavio coming in prior to the deadline. 

Left field option could be malinovsky from atalanta, they are about to sign kovalenko from shahktar and they already have ilicic, miranchuk, pessina and palasic fighting over 1 or 2 places even after gomez has left. God a bullet of a shot 

Always liked the look of him.

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I've got my green tinted glasses off here but KDH at 22 still hasn't played 50 top flight games at any level, as well as he seems to be doing at Luton. McGregor has played hundreds of games, ok at a poor Scottish league level but also turned in terrific performances at Europa League, Champions League and international level so it's a bit of a stretch to say KDH is better. 

He may well turn out to be a better player in the fullness of time, or not, who knows but it's baseless saying he's better now. My own opinion is though he lookds a decent player, from the little I've saw of him, is he'll never be a regular in a top 4 Leicester side and I wouldn't be surprised to see Leicester make good money off him in a couple of years selling him to a mid to lower EPL side.

This is exactly my point also. 

Even if you were to believe KDH was better (an opinion I dont agree with) McGregor offers far more attributes. Ones that are absolutely undeniable. 

Like you mentioned there, experience. He's ayed close to 300 games in 7 years. Not always at the highest level but there has been points in there like the CL and EL. Certainly at a higher level than KDH. He 2ould easily he our most experienced CM.

Leadership. He's captained Celtic and Scotland I'm sure and is a natural leader. 

Grit and steel. He has that bite about him that wins tight games. 

All these attributes combined with the ability (regardles of how much) he has adds up to a player that we can really use in our squad. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’d presume McGregor would be reasonably cheap? Maybe £10m tops considering age/ league ??

I would imagine around £15m. Maybe even 20 with add ons. He's arguably their best player. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I've got my green tinted glasses off here but KDH at 22 still hasn't played 50 top flight games at any level, as well as he seems to be doing at Luton. McGregor has played hundreds of games, ok at a poor Scottish league level but also turned in terrific performances at Europa League, Champions League and international level so it's a bit of a stretch to say KDH is better. 

He may well turn out to be a better player in the fullness of time, or not, who knows but it's baseless saying he's better now. My own opinion is though he lookds a decent player, from the little I've saw of him, is he'll never be a regular in a top 4 Leicester side and I wouldn't be surprised to see Leicester make good money off him in a couple of years selling him to a mid to lower EPL side.

Id quote you all but I'll stick with Muzzy here as he knows more than the rest of us. Perhaps from what ive seen im missing something with McGreggor as so many of you seem to think that he is really that good.  Personally im just a huge KDH fan, I really do think he is going to be a genuinely special player and of course I could be wrong. I just have this hunch that he could honestly become one of the best prospects to come out of our academy. 

It just seems odd to me that we would permanently sign someone like McGreggor for a stop gap when we have someone of KDH level. (Even if he is worse than CM at this moment). Next season someone wont be happy... if we miss out on europe than we have a bigger issue. KDH would probably happily bide his time with Praet most likely ahead of him, but would McGreggor? Or would Praet if McGreggor is preferred. 

I’d love to get someone else whos got real potential for becoming a superstar Matheus Cunha plays for a struggling Hertha Berlin side who tbh seem to have some money behind them but surely the player has ambitions above them... although maybe it would have to be a loan to buy as I’m not too sure we’d afford him atm?

• Like 1