Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

Shite defeat but if nothing else highlights the need to find someone - anyone - who can help us be effective without Ndidi this game was it. If we are going to pay for this type of player in the summer, bring that forward and do it now. Macgregor would be ideal, fight and effective in 2 or 3 positions. Just need to try and then keep Vardy fit when he’s back as can’t see us bringing in 2 players even though again today showed how badly we need a back up striker who can stretch the game 

45 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Quite simply if we want to get in the top 4 we need to sign a striker, Perez isn't good enough and Iheanacho can't play upfront on his own. I can't see us signing one until the summer though sadly, which means another season in the EL (which probably isn't a bad thing).

Sorry but this simply isn’t right. Vardy’ll be back in a week or so. Perez & Nacho are decent enough cover for the rest of this season.

We do need to upgrade on Nacho in the summer, for sure, but not as a panic buy in a sellers market.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Sorry but this simply isn’t right. Vardy’ll be back in a week or so. Perez & Nacho are decent enough cover for the rest of this season.

We do need to upgrade on Nacho in the summer, for sure, but not as a panic buy in a sellers market.

I thought Vardy was out for 4-6 weeks?

If he's back in a week then happy days, was sure it was a lot longer than that though when it was announced before the Brentford game (that was only a week ago).

EDIT: Just looked.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13820520/jamie-vardy-hernia-operation-leicester/

'And he looks likely to at least miss league games against Everton, Leeds, Fulham and Wolves.'

Maybe you're right then and he'll be back in the squad for the Liverpool game, I thought it was longer than that.

Obviously we won't buy a striker, but playing Perez or Iheanacho up front for 5 games will probably end up costing us the points we need to finish in the top 4, none of them are good enough to play the lone striker role.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Where have all the ITK's gone and where are all the mods?

Anyone's dad seen a player on a plane? I need some rumours to get me through the next 24 hours pls.

For what it’s worth (ie not at all). SFE tweeted we’d enquired about Billy Gilmour on loan. Feel dirty just writing this, but you sound desperate.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1