Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds A Post Match Thread

If what is essentially our second string backline/cdm keep putting in performances like that, then they are not only going to cause brendan some real headaches when the squad is fully fit, but it also puts us in great shape for a genuine run at the europa league.

Excellent stuff. Long may it continue.

• Like 2

To start the season and go and win 4 on the road after the end we had to the last one Is a ****ing Herculean effort. Villa and West Ham were shite results but they happen. Brendan Rodgers and every single player deserves a lot of credit for the bounce back, add the injuries we’ve got in to that as well and it’s beyond belief really. Chuffed. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

It’s such a lift for everyone when City win, amongst all the 💩 that’s going on at the moment it’s fantastic to have us doing so well. 
Im going to bed happy. 

Yeah, but think of the poor Leeds fans. Come to think of it, nah, fuch em. 

Leeds fans being honest about the match

"Leicester Should have had more goals. And Bielsa player strait into Rodgers hands, very well played from Leicester:emoticon-0148-yes:"

"Have to take the hats of for Leicester, they where the best team"

and on mariner

"Another **** of a ref"

Absolutely fantastic performance with 5 of our first team out. The things that this team could achieve is incredible. This is the most talented group we’ve ever had, yes better than 15/16 overall squad.
Just brilliant to a man, Vardy, Tielemens, Forfana and a special mention to Albrighton who I thought was absolutely fantastic tonight. What a team we are.

• Like 1

Amongst the euphoria I have to say I was a bit concerned about our start to the second half. The Leeds players were clearly well up for it as they went through their warm up routine as ours came out looking freezing and blowing into their hands. No surprise they seized the momentum and could've turned it around. 

39 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Possibly our best performance for a couple of years yet the national radio is talking about Leeds' deficiency and wake up calls. 

That's OK. Let's keep as far under the radar as we can. Still things to work on but with the retuning players too, we have a squad that can push on from even the start we had last season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Absolutely fantastic performance with 5 of our first team out. The things that this team could achieve is incredible. This is the most talented group we’ve ever had, yes better than 15/16 overall squad.
Just brilliant to a man, Vardy, Tielemens, Forfana and a special mention to Albrighton who I thought was absolutely fantastic tonight. What a team we are.

I think experience counted for a lot in the first half (maybe because of the conditions?)

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Amongst the euphoria I have to say I was a bit concerned about our start to the second half. The Leeds players were clearly well up for it as they went through their warm up routine as ours came out looking freezing and blowing into their hands. No surprise they seized the momentum and could've turned it around. 

Agreed but then I'm really encouraged by the fact that we're not crumbling when we face set backs this season- the start of the second half against AEK was similar. We seem mentally much tougher this season. Though it was horrible at the time, what happened last season could prove a blessing in disguise. Sometimes those bad times are perversely what make you a stronger team in the long run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been vocally critical about James Justin this year. I feel that at LB/LWB he has looked uncomfortable and tactically unaware but I will give him his dues, the couple of times I've saw him play RCB in a back 3 (tonight and Man Utd last season) he's looked very good. I feel it's his best position. 

Add to that, Thomas offers more than JJ at LWB. I feel this was summed up in the first half when a ball came in  he didnt know what was around him so he put it out for a corner. It reminded me of a similar situation with JJ at Man City but in this instance, he panicked and blindly headed the ball behind him  it fell to Mahrez and he scored. It all comes down to how comfortable both youngsters are in that position and there is no competition IMO. 

Going forward, I would be much happier with JJ at RCB and Thomas at LWB....

Edited by Foxy_Bear