Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds A Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Couldnt agree more  3 ex pros in Taggart Piper and Elliot all said  Allbrighton and Fuchs  are superb  professionals and  never play badly . Although I  may be wrong neither  of them played against  Villa and West Ham tonight we had 5 of the title winners playing  which says it all. People who knock    the players   mentioned should perhaps look at themselves and support someone else as   they  dont support Leicester

We will miss the professional that is Fuchs at the end of the season, no doubt about it.  Shrewd and talented player that we have taken for granted.  The same thing can be said for Marc Albrighton who is always playing well.  great shame he never got an England callup, because he has been as good and consistent winger as others rated better.  The best free player we have ever had.

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Didn't Peter Taylor sign Ade Akinbiyi for a club record fee, and then get fired, and then we got relegated the same season?

He finished 13th his first season. That was after being about 3rd in March though. Then we just lost every game but one and continued it into the next season before going down.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Fuchs, Albrighton: Not good enough anymore, shouldn’t be near the first team
Thomas, Justin: Not good enough yet, shouldn’t be near the first team
Tielemans: Fat, slow, disinterested
Rodgers: Lost the dressing room after our epic bottlejob, doesn’t have a Plan B, not good enough for where we should be, tactically clueless, relegation battle incoming
Barnes: Can’t finish, will end up in the Championship
Fofana: “I’ve got a bad feeling about this signing.”
Congerton: Terrible at recruitment
Mendy: We should’ve got a top CDM for when Ndidi isn’t playing
Vardy: Too one dimensional, past his best, Claude was right to try and move us on from him
Praet: Offers nothing much, fallen out with Rodgers, squad player at best
Squad depth: Not enough quality for when we have injuries, can't cope with PL & Europe

What else can we add to the ‘Nostradamus Miserable Buggers FT Bingo Card’ ?

Winning: Got lucky, not a tactical masterclass.

• Like 3

Just watched the game as had it recorded.

Superb performance that was. Really enjoyed it. First half we looked so slick and quick, the link up and understanding was so good. Leeds did help by giving us the ball away so much, but it's about punishing the opponent and we did that. 

We fell asleep for their goal and I was worried in the immediate aftermath. But again we took our chances, despite not being as good as the first half. 

So many top individual performances. Not sure who I'd have as motm, everyone is worth at least a 7/10.

Oh and Alan Smith talks shit saying the ref was good.....Marriner had a poor game I thought, and was bailed out by var. Only thing he got right was the Ayling dive. 

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rodgers: Lost the dressing room after our epic bottlejob, doesn’t have a Plan B, not good enough for where we should be, tactically clueless, relegation battle incoming
Vardy: Too one dimensional, past his best, Claude was right to try and move us on from him
Squad depth: Not enough quality for when we have injuries, can't cope with PL & Europe

I don't think that is fair tbh. Fans get a bit emotional and say stupid things sometimes. But I don't think anyone truly believes that - and it's a bit of a low blow. I expect better from you. In fact - you can add "expect better from @UpTheLeagueFox " to that list lol

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got to say I'm delighted with the performance and result. I'm usually optimistic but I was worried ahead of this game mainly because our 1st choice back four were all absent. I clearly shouldn't have been! What made me most proud was the team ethic and that was the simple reason why we were so good in this game. 

The players deserve total credit. I've always liked Fuchs but this may be his best ever performance for us. Played well, did everything to help Thomas, showed true professionalism and his experience was crucial. Mendy was everywhere. Tielemans looks a few levels above last season. Under totally unselfish and intelligent. I could go on. Praise is due to every man tonight.  

• Like 3

Just now, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Got to say I'm delighted with the performance and result. I'm usually optimistic but I was worried ahead of this game mainly because our 1st choice back four were all absent. I clearly shouldn't have been! What made me most proud was the team ethic and that was the simple reason why we were so good in this game. 

The players deserve total credit. I've always liked Fuchs but this may be his best ever performance for us. Played well, did everything to help Thomas, showed true professionalism and his experience was crucial. Mendy was everywhere. Tielemans looks a few levels above last season. Under totally unselfish and intelligent. I could go on. Praise is due to every man tonight.  

Fuchs and Albrighton are incredibly professional. Absolute team players. I hope they teach our youngsters how to behave. But yes - everyone played well. Under is going to give so many goals to Vardy! We won the league (yes we did)  because we were the best team. Team ethic is vital. (And confidence)

• Like 3

Well, wasn’t expecting that, especially when I saw the team sheet. Survived a dodgy, bum squirming 20 mins at the beginning of the second half, but otherwise a comfortable win. We seem to have started to master combining both possession and counter attacking football, though I believe possession was quite low overall there.

Shout out to the new guys. Fofana is an incredible find. Seems like he could quite easily play in midfield as well as CB. Ünder looks more and more comfortable each time he plays. I’m sure we’ll sign him at the end of the season. Brendan seems very keen.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Absolutely superb, fuchs and albrighton different class. Leeds and some of their fans should maybe learn to walk before they try to run against a very good established premier league team.  Respect respect respect.

Guest Markyblue
4 hours ago, trabuch said:

I don't think that is fair tbh. Fans get a bit emotional and say stupid things sometimes. But I don't think anyone truly believes that - and it's a bit of a low blow. I expect better from you. In fact - you can add "expect better from @UpTheLeagueFox " to that list lol

Really, there were people taking relegation after a 0-0 pre season friendly, lets not pretend people on here ain't fickle, thats by no means the majority but it certainly does exist. 

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Hang on a minute!. You've forgotten my ..Under, poor mans Knockeart!!🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s the nature of some football fans, always seeking the next chance to piddle in their knickers. It ain’t no thing, it’s how some people express their passion.

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Isn't Maddison a show pony and too slow? 

• Haha 1

Being pragmatic about it, Leeds are infact a very decent Prem side, akin to Wolves they’ll easily stay up, and throw in some great performances/results doing so. They‘ve got a more than decent squad, and a genuinely very good manager. 

But if I were a Leeds United fan, I’d find this constant media bumming toe curlingly embarrassing. I’m sure like any club they’ve got fans riding the hype train, but I’m sure there’s plenty who are rightfully excited to be back in the top division, and doing well, but finding the constant OTT media lovefest cringeworthy.

Great win last night, very composed and sharp away to a good side high in confidence. Tactically very astute, clinical, and controlled, great performances all round, notwithstanding the injury list. Those wins, under those circumstances are arguably the most satisfying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Being pragmatic about it, Leeds are infact a very decent Prem side, akin to Wolves they’ll easily stay up, and throw in some great performances/results doing so. They‘ve got a more than decent squad, and a genuinely very good manager. 

But if I were a Leeds United fan, I’d find this constant media bumming toe curlingly embarrassing. I’m sure like any club they’ve got fans riding the hype train, but I’m sure there’s plenty who are rightfully excited to be back in the top division, and doing well, but finding the constant OTT media lovefest cringeworthy.

Great win last night, very composed and sharp away to a good side high in confidence. Tactically very astute, clinical, and controlled, great performances all round, notwithstanding the injury list. Those wins, under those circumstances are arguably the most satisfying.

I didn't see it, tbh. If you'd have told me that xi was west Brom, I'd consider them nailed on for relegation. 

I was concerned pre match as I had, to an extent, swallowed the hype about Leeds'. But, I didn't see any obvious or recognisable tactical structure from them...

Wolves had from the get go an identifiable structure...three big centre halves hurling the ball into channels and general quick switches of play to the opposite flank .... Using the more skilful players up front

Leeds just looked like a naïve championship club to me

• Like 1