Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds A Post Match Thread

Albrighton, Fuchs, Thomas, Justin, Fofana (4 weeks ago), would be terrifying additions as a group to see line up against an all action Leeds Utd. Every one of them stood up today. 

Praet and Tielemens. Allowed enough space for the passes and intercepted almost every one of them. Both of them were class. Praet is a battler, who can break, pass, carry and whatever else he needs to. 

Vardy... unplayable. I said that to my old man after 15 minutes and he never stopped. 

Kasper, won the 1v1s with Bamford which was as game changing as Vardy is.

Barnes, electric. Poor condition might be a fair excuse for him not to bag more.

Fofana... did we notice him? Did we need to. He’s Evans and Soyuncu rolled into one. What a boy! 

Rodgers’ subs were spot on.

The only negative, when Maddison came on, after watching that first hour, he must’ve known going down easily wasn’t going to buy a foul. That’s exactly what he did a couple of times. Still, carried the ball well, transitioned play well. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

I’m not going to level any criticism at Rodgers or the lads tonight. That victory was a cracking one, and considering we’ve been playing a lot of football recently, and we have plenty of key players out, that was a masterclass. 

Rodgers so far is doing a fantastic job at handling all of the games we’re having to play, and we seem to have found a formula to help us grind games out even when we’re not at full strength. Couldn’t fault the guys today, giving Leeds a pasting when you’re tired and depleted, good ****ing going I say. Rodgers for PM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Albrighton, Fuchs, Thomas, Justin, Fofana (4 weeks ago), would be terrifying additions as a group to see line up against an all action Leeds Utd. Every one of them stood up today. 

Praet and Tielemens. Allowed enough space for the passes and intercepted almost every one of them. Both of them were class. Praet is a battler, who can break, pass, carry and whatever else he needs to. 

Vardy... unplayable. I said that to my old man after 15 minutes and he never stopped. 

Kasper, won the 1v1s with Bamford which was as game changing as Vardy is.

Barnes, electric. Poor condition might be a fair excuse for him not to bag more.

Fofana... did we notice him? Did we need to. He’s Evans and Soyuncu rolled into one. What a boy! 

Rodgers’ subs were spot on.

The only negative, when Maddison came on, after watching that first hour, he must’ve known going down easily wasn’t going to buy a foul. That’s exactly what he did a couple of times. Still, carried the ball well, transitioned play well. 

Maddison comedy gold when he first came on. Somebody called the slip and fall in the prematch as well.

Edited by SO1

18 minutes ago, Sand cats said:

Passages i like on Dailymail

Sounds like I should go back to reading the Mail from the Guardian for Football News. Better looking girls as well.

26 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Fuchs is past it, albrighton not good enough anymore, mendy league 1 player, Thomas should have been sent out on loan to the championship.

there must be a lot of indigestion around after large helpings of humble pie.

oh and we have no quality in depth obviously.

i think there may be one or two on the injured list right now who might just be a teensy bit worried about how they are going to get their place back in the side. BR is going to have a real headache when everyone is fit but it’s the sort that all managers love to have.

goes to show the togetherness and belief that there is in the whole squad that whoever is asked to come in has done so with alacrity and done a job.

Couldnt agree more  3 ex pros in Taggart Piper and Elliot all said  Allbrighton and Fuchs  are superb  professionals and  never play badly . Although I  may be wrong neither  of them played against  Villa and West Ham tonight we had 5 of the title winners playing  which says it all. People who knock    the players   mentioned should perhaps look at themselves and support someone else as   they  dont support Leicester

• Like 1

Leeds are one of those teams whose supporters by and large live on their history and always maintain that they are a Premier League team, even when they were in League 1 with us.

So beating them convincingly on their own patch is particularly enjoyable. Just a shame we couldn’t be there to wave them off as they would have been leaving  the ground early. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I don’t want us to ever attempt playing possession football again! Park the bus and we’ll go far 

I know. Winning is addictive and it doesn't feel like we're playing hoofball given the technical ability of our players.

Edited by SO1