Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (H) - Match Thread - 08/11/2020

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sky 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 wolves strong away from home having beaten leeds and Shef utd 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They’ve always loved Wolves since their promotion.

Im prepared for them to come and sit in. Can see it being 0-0.

:/

I get it against Man City and Arsenal away, I begrudgingly concede it was sensible against Leeds away. Albeit in all those games we had Barnes up there to help. 

But at home against Wolves, who are going to set up to do exactly the same? This is gonna be dull af. 

Without Castagne, Barnes or Under what help is Vards gonna have? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We played 4141 against them in the last 3 games we played against them and scored a grand total of... zero goals.

They typically setup with a deep block against us and hit us on the break, so pace is not that useful because there aren't many gaps in behind them to exploit the pace we have in our squad. That's why generally speaking Wolves nullify our team more effectively than any other. They have shown they are content to let us have the ball and challenge us to break them down, which we struggle to do.

The idea will be to have Praet and Maddison drifting between the lines to pull one of their CB's out of position which could lead to Vardy getting in behind the space they vacate with a a 1v1. It will be about fast and accurate passing and creating opportunities through superior technical play.

Will it work? Don't know but the formation has been used in the last two games and we've scored 8 goals and conceding one, including beating a team that finished above Wolves in the Europa League group stages last season. The players are familiar with the system and in good form, and it's a new approach for Wolves to have to deal with against Leicester. I think it's well worth a try.

My problem isn't with the system, it's the personnel, why would a CB come out of position to challenge Praet? He's not a goal threat. Surely playing Barnes or Under in the role is much better.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

:/

I get it against Man City and Arsenal away, I begrudgingly concede it was sensible against Leeds away. Albeit in all those games we had Barnes up there to help. 

But at home against Wolves, who are going to set up to do exactly the same? This is gonna be dull af. 

Without Castagne, Barnes or Under what help is Vards gonna have? 

Maddison 

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sky 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 wolves strong away from home having beaten leeds and Shef utd 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don’t forget that Leeds are the best club in the world along with man united in sky’s eyes though :ph34r: