Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (H) - Match Thread - 08/11/2020

Ive long learnt to let the game play out before picking fault with the team selection but on the face of it it looks devoid of much flair and pace in attack, there's got to be a game plan though so let's see.

I suspect if its 0-0 or we are 1-0 down then we get Barnes and Ünder and we go for the jugular when they get frustrated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looking at this line up, this could be a smart move by Rodgers putting Maddison and praet in those wide roles as long as they can do the defensive work in the wide positions. 

With only 2 CMs, we might be able to overload in the centre of the park. If Maddison plays like he has the last two games then I’m genuinely hopeful.

come on lads

• Like 1

I think I’ve lost the right to criticise for the time being. Whose to say this isn’t another carefully thought out master plan? 

Either way that’s a filthy bench and we’re lucky to have that level of options! 

Pretty negative approach, is BR going for the stalemate tactic to get something from this game? I'm not sure that 5 at the back gives us too many options when Wolves work midfield so hard so we'll be pushed back. Not sure that bringing Fuchs in there to semi-coach Thomas is very attack minded. Barnes missing will make their defence breathe more easily swell.  More a case of "You have the ball"  "No, You have the ball". 

Playing wingers against these never works, because they can double up on you with a wide CB and a wing-back. Praet and Maddison will stay fairly narrow and are both better at keeping the ball in tight areas than Barnes or Under are likely to be. They will probably look to counter against us which means we will need to keep the ball well and be patient. It is probably going to be Puel-style football that will carve out chances to win it.

A draw is a very good result against these, anyway. You have lots of pace on the bench as and when required.