Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (H) - Match Thread - 08/11/2020

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ive long learnt to let the game play out before picking fault with the team selection but on the face of it it looks devoid of much flair and pace in attack, there's got to be a game plan though so let's see.

I suspect if its 0-0 or we are 1-0 down then we get Barnes and Ünder and we go for the jugular when they get frustrated.

You were never going to be picked for this one.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wolves are a counter attacking team themselves. They won't leave gaps in behind. Rodgers has selected our most creative players to play between the lines to try to drag their back 3 out of position. Put Barnes and Under on 60 minutes+ when the game becomes stretched.

On paper it's the right selection of our attacking players given the opposition we are playing. Our last 3 games with Wolves have been 0-0, they are a very tough nut to crack.

Just don't see how you break a team down with no pace and movement in the attacking 3rd. :dunno: 

Wolves can just flood the middle of the pitch as we have no pace out wide.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

How can you doubt Brendan?

Have we not learnt? lol

I'm not doubting him, just stating I don't see how this is going to work. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Just don't see how you break a team down with no pace and movement in the attacking 3rd. :dunno: 

Wolves can just flood the middle of the pitch as we have no pace out wide.

I'm not doubting him, just stating I don't see how this is going to work. 

My exact thoughts. We need pace. This seems a very conservative way to hold 0-0 and knick something.

Cant doubt BR for our run, but this seems handbrake time and scared to lose time. Vards will be very icolated with no pace near him. Going to be very tough if we go behind.

Why do sky bother playing any matches other than man it's, Liverpool, man city or Chelsea? It seems like all other clubs are just an annoyance to them, apart from the fashion club, leeds this season, sheff utd last and wolves the year before.

Fuch you sky.

I can see Brendan’s thinking here but this is a very cagey approach, I didn’t expect something like this against an evenly match team at home.

This has potential to be another tight match against Wolves.

Unleash Barnes and Under in the second half and hopefully nick it.