Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves (H) - Match Thread - 08/11/2020

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

:/

I get it against Man City and Arsenal away, I begrudgingly concede it was sensible against Leeds away. Albeit in all those games we had Barnes up there to help. 

But at home against Wolves, who are going to set up to do exactly the same? This is gonna be dull af. 

Without Castagne, Barnes or Under what help is Vards gonna have? 

It's probably not wise to go at it full pelt with fixture congestion, a short pre-season and injuries.

5 minutes ago, matty98 said:

My problem isn't with the system, it's the personnel, why would a CB come out of position to challenge Praet? He's not a goal threat. Surely playing Barnes or Under in the role is much better.

I must have missed the goal that Praet scored against Braga. Oh wait...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

It's probably not wise to go at it full pelt with fixture congestion, a short pre-season and injuries.

But it's a bit stuck in between two ideas isn't it. 

We either want to be defensively solid and counter, so you'd expect Barnes and/or Under or we want to try and keep the ball and control the game in which case you'd expect a bit more width. 

This is five defenders, four centre mids and Vardy. 

If they've got any sense they'll stick two guys on Vards at all times, sit back and laugh at us floundering around to score. 

Wolves are a really good defensive unit and we're offering up very little to rest them. 

As I've said in previous weeks, I'm not suggesting we're doomed and this is going to be a loss, I'm sure this can pay off and we can take three points. It's a good enough team for that. But I can't see this being anything other than dull.