Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Wolves (H) - Post Match Thread - 08/11/2020 1 - 0

44 minutes ago, Elvis hammond said:

I'm going now to get pissed and see if the Mrs want to get her leg over hahhahaha

ahem .....I too am going to get pissed and see if the Mrs, her sister and the girlfriend want to get their legs over. Smug mode engaged.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

JJ and Fofana top class - not really a bad performance in the team other than Evans falling over at a critical point (something he seemed to do a lot at the end of last season)

I know its ridiculous to moan right now, especially after a clean sheet, but Evans doesn't quite look the player he was a year ago to me. 

Guest StevieLynex
22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Apparently Adama Traore has gone 19 games without an assist and over 30 games without a goal.

He's definitely going to Barca, along with Maguire

Just now, sdb said:

I know its ridiculous to moan right now, especially after a clean sheet, but Evans doesn't quite look the player he was a year ago to me. 

Not fully fit and playing in a 3 isn't best suited to him if you ask me. Does bring a bit of composure to the side though. 

Guest StevieLynex
47 minutes ago, majaco said:

Maguire was one of our most limited players (I still wanted him to stay).  He would be fourth choice now.

He's fourth choice for Man Utd.  They just haven't got first, second and third choices.

I'm worried that Manure have been tracking Morgan - £100m bid being lined up. Given that he's so much better than Maguire, that's reasonable

It was a really enjoyable game. Great first half, second half we got the job done.

Although at times, I found it quite uncomfortable to watch in the tight spaces we now play in and seeing JJ and Fofana so high up the pitch, that's no criticism, just it's edgy to watch.

Great to see Fofana having the confidence to bring the ball out though, that's going to be a huge advantage to us again. 

And that save from Schmeichel. 

I Hope most of the team can take a break now and I can't stop thinking about the line up for Liverpool.

Who's going to be coming back from injury? proper exciting stuff. 

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t do release clauses .......

If we did, they would probably be the best release clauses

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think he's just still carrying that back injury. 

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Not fully fit and playing in a 3 isn't best suited to him if you ask me. Does bring a bit of composure to the side though. 

Fair. Just seems to have been a few brain farts since lockdown but perhaps lack of contract talks also a factor. Anyway, happy days. 

5 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

I'm worried that Manure have been tracking Morgan - £100m bid being lined up. Given that he's so much better than Maguire, that's reasonable

Wes will be delighted that even at his age he can still attract admirers.

Superb win, ugly yet beautiful. We got the rub of the green with the penalty decision against Kilman - although I think that's the first of our penalties this season that has been remotely contentious - but we were most deservedly ahead at the break. The second half, we were defensively sound and conceded very little in terms of clear cut chances. Bar a Neves long range drive, I thought the defence protected Schmeichel really well. Wolves are a top side, so that is no mean feat.

Mendy and Tielemans exceptional in the deep lying midfield roles again. Maddison looking really sharp and Fofana a certified beast. A word on Praet too, thought he personified everything good about that performance today - great energy, graft in the defensive part of his role, flashes of quality going forwards and left everything on the pitch. An unsung hero of the day.

6 wins from 6 in 3 weeks across Europa games and high pressure, intense league fixtures with 5 starting outfield players missing for the bulk of it is a phenomenal effort from the squad. The management have found a system that works for us and have executed some brilliant game plans. To man, the fit players have played us through a tough period and they wholly deserve every point they've picked up as a team.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 1

Just been on the BBC Sport home page. Amongst the journalistic treats on offer are Juventus being held by Lazio, 'special' Harry Kane and Manure's Women's team going top of the super league. OK, go to the football page and there we are. Leading with 'contentious' penalty and a caption on Vards pointing out that we have been awarded eight pens this season. Oh yes, and Mr Neil Johnston also manages to say that we are top of the league, if only for a few hours.

Doesn't fit the narrative, see?

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Superb win, ugly yet beautiful. We got the rub of the green with the penalty decision against Kilman - although I think that's the first of our penalties this season that has been remotely contentious - but we were most deservedly ahead at the break. The second half, we were defensively sound and conceded very little in terms of clear cut chances. Bar a Neves long range drive, I thought the defence protected Schmeichel really well. Wolves are an top side, so that is no mean feat.

Mendy and Tielemans exceptional in the deep lying midfield roles again. Maddison looking really sharp and Fofana a certified beast. A word on Praet too, thought he personified everything good about that performance today - great energy, graft in the defensive part of his role, flashes of quality going forwards and left everything on the pitch. An unsung hero of the day.

6 wins from 6 in 3 weeks across Europa games and high pressure, intense league fixtures with 5 starting outfield players missing for the bulk of it is a phenomenal effort from the squad. The management have found a system that works for us and have executed some brilliant game plans. To man, the fit players have played us through a tough period and they wholly deserve every point they've picked up as a team.

This post has been checked by VAR and happily we can say it is free from grammatical  errors. Top effort.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ron Combo said:

Just been on the BBC Sport home page. Amongst the journalistic treats on offer are Juventus being held by Lazio, 'special' Harry Kane and Manure's Women's team going top of the super league. OK, go to the football page and there we are. Leading with 'contentious' penalty and a caption on Vards pointing out that we have been awarded eight pens this season. Oh yes, and Mr Neil Johnston also manages to say that we are top of the league, if only for a few hours.

Doesn't fit the narrative, see?

Absolute bar stools. But, not as bad as Sky's pathetic attempts at journalism.

Edited by LaCiudad