Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Wolves (H) - Post Match Thread - 08/11/2020 1 - 0

Brilliant performance from the lads, strong defensively and even when under the cosh 2nd half we had more shots away. 

Love the Praet, Youri and Maddison trio we have going. The 3 really keep the ball well and get into those pockets against teams. Top of the league and 18/24 points.

5 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

Fofana is better than Maguire:P

Maguire was one of our most limited players (I still wanted him to stay).  He would be fourth choice now.

He's fourth choice for Man Utd.  They just haven't got first, second and third choices.

• Haha 2

We are playing like peak Atletico Madrid at the moment. We are defensively resolute, we're happy to concede possession at times but we've also got lots of excellent technical players all across the pitch who can always create something and take control of the game, plus we have a top quality marksman up top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Brendan has  got problems.

How the hell is he going to pick his first eleven when everybody is fit!!!

There will be big names not even making the bench.

What a wonderful dilemma to have. 

It is a wonderful problem, I’m sure Brendan is loving having that issue 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Huge win. Not pretty, but we held firm. Wolves are very limited but extremely hard working and will cause anyone problems, especially if they score first , they are very hard to open them up.

Forfana is the best CB in the league now VVD is out. He is going to be special.

Praet and Justin a huge mention to as well, thought they were fantastic today.

Good work from everyone else too, no one had a bad game.

One worry though is we look extremely leggy near the end. Vardy, Mendy and Tielemans in particular looked out on their feet. Great that bar Tielemens, they can all be rested now for 2 weeks.

Well done boys. Great composure to see it through 👏👏

Have to disagree. 

He already is! 😉😂

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

It's better than the selection headaches of the mid 00s, when it was a question of who is the least shit than the rest!!

5 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Think that’s a little unfair. They started defensively and got more offensive as the game went on. We did the opposite.

Negative for about the first 65 mins they had a canter last time out Vs Palace on a Friday night we played  away in Greece the day before and played on a sodden pitch Monday night and had a European game on Thursday we looked tired at the and you can see why. Do you honestly think they left it all out on the pitch 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Neto hit one low at Schmeichel from the left of the box, and Dendoncker had a ball over the top which he side footed wide and should have done better with. 

Neves was the big chance though. 

To be honest I can't remember those but watching at home with a  toddler means you miss the odd thing. 

I don't think anyone could really complain with it was a draw, two even matched sides and struggle to create too much against organised defences.

We're you happy with that as a Wolves fan? Especially first half, it must be frustrating because I reckon you can be better if given the opportunity to express themselves more. Plans seems to be keep it tight and chuck Adama on. I know we've been guilty of slightly negative play but there is a balance.

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

Great result. All credit to Rodgers and the squad - 18 points from 8 games is an excellent return. Doesn't mean anything yet of course and we as much as anyone should know not to get carried away or start counting chickens, but it's a great platform for the rest of the season.

Just a shame Southampton won the title on Friday night.

• Haha 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

When the likes of Ndidi, Ricardo, Cags and Castagne return we are going to be so strong! a Top 4 place or even better could be on the cards.

I honestly feel we can do it this time. BR now has a solid plan b, with the signings made... that has worked wonders. Last season the COVID situation and lack of depth cost us.

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I think that injuries have forced Brendan's hand tactically.  We are winning game after game this way, regardless of the opposition.  My slight worry is that with a full squad of players to pick from we go back to the possession based football and become perhaps less effective?