Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Wolves (H) - Post Match Thread - 08/11/2020 1 - 0

Massive win. I thought that first penalty was harsh, but that's the rules, just shows how ridiculous they are. Great save from Kasper as well to guarantee all 3 points, really thought that was heading into the top corner.

That's the sort of game where holding on to the 3 points is the difference between Champions League or Europa League, or Europa League or missing out on European Football, as we found out last season. It's telling how we seem to have different ways of playing now, before we used to just play what felt the same way every game, but now we have the options of going 433, 532, sticking Maddison and Praet out wide, sitting back for 60 minutes then going all out for the win on the counter, or just playing a 4141. The mixing up of these tactics makes it a lot harder to keep us under the cosh for 90 minutes.

2 weeks rest now, get everyone fresh and ready for the next slog after the break. Good news is that Castagne should be back in the squad and available, and I'd imagine Ricardo can't be much further behind.

• Like 2

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

With all the controversy over our first penalty, which I thought was the right decision, look at Fofana's presence of mind at 19 to cut out the ball, make the tackle and then tuck his arms behind his back in anticipation of a shot. Bloody brilliant. 

Noticed it in all our games, always quick to get them out of the way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Yep. This annoyed the **** out of me. Not like the win moves us up to 10th or something. We're ****ing top and they didn't even give us 60 seconds. 

They dwelled on the first penalty too.

I know they are just looking for controversy and talking points but it was stone wall given the current take on the handball rule.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

With all the controversy over our first penalty, which I thought was the right decision, look at Fofana's presence of mind at 19 to cut out the ball, make the tackle and then tuck his arms behind his back in anticipation of a shot. Bloody brilliant. 

He knows the rules 

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If we had singed him in the summer for 40mill he would be getting the reviews from the press as best signing of the season. 

It really is unbelievable how he's changed. He's like a new player. Absolutely thrilled for the lad, I'd be embarrassed to say how many times I'd written him off.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Great pick-out..!!!

• Like 1