Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Wolves (H) - Post Match Thread - 08/11/2020 1 - 0

Today 5 Champions Return to the field....

Schmeichel,Vardy,Fuchs,Albrighton, Captain Morgan..!!

They couldnt.....could they...!!!!!

Fofana, Another Top Class performance..I could Pick 3-4 players MoM, but mine....

Mendy..!! He was everywhere,I reckon he Touched every Bloody Blade of grass..his turns & gaining free Space Bloody marvellous.

Actually hes One of our best players on the ball....some hard Blocks Mixed with neat turns while under pressure...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, adam said:

Sky couldn't get us off the tele quick enough. willy pullers 

Yep. This annoyed the **** out of me. Not like the win moves us up to 10th or something. We're ****ing top and they didn't even give us 60 seconds. 

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Point of order, Maguire was a good player for us and nobody was glad to see him go at the time.

He absolutely was decent he wasn't ever worth 80 million but thats not his fault but hes no fofana.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Point of order, Maguire was a good player for us and nobody was glad to see him go at the time.

True but hard to argue that both Fofana and Cags are already better than him, and have years on him to far exceed what he has to offer. Goes to show that losing players doesn't need to be a bad thing.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, katieakita said:

Negative for about the first 65 mins they had a canter last time out Vs Palace on a Friday night we played  away in Greece the day before and played on a sodden pitch Monday night and had a European game on Thursday we looked tired at the and you can see why. Do you honestly think they left it all out on the pitch 

I think this is the kind of one-sided view and qualifying statements only a fan can offer. To me it was a pretty even game. They grew into the game, we were hanging on for the last 35 minutes and had to defend incredibly well (and have a slice of fortune) not to concede. Take nothing away from us, we worked really hard for that win, but it was hardly comfortable, was it?

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Both sides were guilty of this tbf. You only had one shot on target other than the penalties, which was a Vardy long ranger in the first half. 

I don’t think ‘shots on target’ is at all relevant to how many chances were created (not just today, in general). 

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

True but hard to argue that both Fofana and Cags are already better than him, and have years on him to far exceed what he has to offer. Goes to show that losing players doesn't need to be a bad thing.

I wouldn't argue with that.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well the fact we got 80m for him, kind of softened the blow... even then I felt that was crazy money. Just felt we could always find the same for much less... we have done better 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He absolutely was and you’re right.

He has turned into a right proper bell end since joining Man U though...

Edited by Philkeavo

Really pleased we saw that out. Holding on to a one goal lead isn't something we've often had to do with Brendan but credit to the boys they did it well. Huge save from Schmeichel, they could well have gone on to win that with the time they had left. 

Fofana is an absolute boss, really pleased with JJ today and I don't think anyone else had a bad game either. 

Fantastic to go into the break with that win. Some well deserved rest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I think this is the kind of one-sided view and qualifying statements only a fan can offer. To me it was a pretty even game. They grew into the game, we were hanging on for the last 35 minutes and had to defend incredibly well (and have a slice of fortune) not to concede. Take nothing away from us, we worked really hard for that win, but it was hardly comfortable, was it?

How does that relate to the post you quoted? 

Don't care how we win as you don't get points for style. 

Some massive performances again Fuchs and Justin were class. Forfana yet again solid and Mendy was class again. 

Future is bright for this squad. It's an unbelievable platform we have created with let's be honest a botched team. They are playing for each other and the club. You can't ask for anymore than that. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Yep. This annoyed the **** out of me. Not like the win moves us up to 10th or something. We're ****ing top and they didn't even give us 60 seconds. 

It was the same in the build up to the match, more discussion about Liverpool and Manchester City than us. When they do speak about us, many pundits just repeat crap they've heard about us from our winning season re players and style of play etc, they clearly only research certain 'bigger' teams and are really quite limited. Not all Sky subscribers live in London, Manchester or Liverpool. 

• Like 1