Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

We need to talk about Jonny Evans

23 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The issue is, Tarkowski is absolutely doggo and would be shown up when he's not playing in a back 8.

Absolute rubbish. Look at his stats. Wins more duals than any other player 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I had a flick through our games earlier, it's not easy to put together stats as I couldn't find a record of the games he hadn't played, so was clicking each line up to check lol. Also he plays most our games, so finding a pattern of results without writing it all down wasn't really possible. But from what I gathered in the glance through I took, was that we're neither better or worse with him in the team in reality. I know it a very simplistic view and I wasn't noting down goal conceded stats, and maybe when I get chance I will, but my early analysis is it doesn't make too much difference.

While we are playing Castagne in the back three instead it makes a difference.

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

While we are playing Castagne in the back three instead it makes a difference.

Or don't play a back 3. Or stick Ndidi back there and start Mendy. Or start Amartey. All things we've done previously and worked fine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Or don't play a back 3. Or stick Ndidi back there and start Mendy. Or start Amartey. All things we've done previously and worked fine.

Daniel is dodgy as much as some on here love him. Would rather keep Ndidi in the middle where he is effective.

All not really relevant is it. The main point is you start Johnny Evans if he’s fit and Johnny Evans is an important player for this football club. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Daniel is dodgy as much as some on here love him. Would rather keep Ndidi in the middle where he is effective.

All not really relevant is it. The main point is you start Johnny Evans if he’s fit and Johnny Evans is an important player for this football club. 

Never denied that, I just think people over play it. He really isn't this astounding, unbeatable, super organiser people paint him to be. 

13 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fofana and Soyuncu are the future. 

But right now, they need Johnny Evans shouting at them and guiding them.

You can't buy experience. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

Err, yes you can. We bought Evans!!

18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You can.... cost about £3m quid... :ph34r:

You get what I'm saying though. Huth did the same job.

To some extent, Dawson is doing it now at Weat Ham.

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

and to believe some people were doubting as to wether we should offer him a new contract lol

16 hours ago, filbertway said:

Amartey would look impressive playing for Burnley

Ridiculous. If Burnley were a small team in Germany or Italy and they had a defender getting his stats you’d be crying to sign him. But because he plays for burnley you assume he must be muck. 

We could actually do with a player who plays the burnley way as it’s one of our weaknesses. 

I’d feel a lot more complicated about our run in with Tarkowski next to one of our young guys right now 

32 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Ridiculous. If Burnley were a small team in Germany or Italy and they had a defender getting his stats you’d be crying to sign him. But because he plays for burnley you assume he must be muck. 

We could actually do with a player who plays the burnley way as it’s one of our weaknesses. 

I’d feel a lot more complicated about our run in with Tarkowski next to one of our young guys right now 

I don't assume, I've watched him play plenty of times lol

Seems to me you're basing it on stats rather than having watched him

He's a solid defender but I don't think he's worth the amount of money it would take to bring him into the club. Also I'm hoping we move to a back 4 again next season which will negate the need for another CB.

Edited by filbertway

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't assume, I've watched him play plenty of times lol

Seems to me you're basing it on stats rather than having watched him

He's a solid defender but I don't think he's worth the amount of money it would take to bring him into the club. Also I'm hoping we move to a back 4 again next season which will negate the need for another CB.

Perhaps we’ve seen him at different times then, I’ve always thought him solid. I’m clearly not alone as many burnley fans think he’s been their best player in recent years. 

His contract is running down so obviously money comes into it. There obviously is likely to be better value somewhere but we’d be a better team with him in the squad.   

Edited by Lambert09

5 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Won’t play tomorrow but will soldier through the final 💪🏼

I suspect it was decided pre match that we could get through Friday nights game without him and he was best not played in the hope that it wouldn’t be aggravated so he missed the final ...... I wonder if hindsight would have led to them allowing him to play and then hoping the weeks rest would, be enough ? 

we’ve seen him limping through some fixtures and also being unable to sprint (West Ham A) ......does his condition worsen as the weeks pass ??