Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

McDonald's plan new drive-thru near Leicester City and Tigers stadium

32 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I worked in one for six years. I don't think you'll find anywhere else in this country that is better at promoting young people to management roles, regardless of what qualifications they left school with.

Think it translates as "It's a job I wouldn't do therefore it is a shit job."

Job snobbery is the absolute worst. Chuntering away about how working in maccies is crap while gobbling on your McChicken Legend or whatever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Fair point I guess, but 65 decent jobs would be better.

The very definition of Mcjobs.

At a substantial loss for the food outlets from outside the ground. No thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What isn't a decent job about McDonalds?

Potential prospects for those wanting to become a manager and a lot of their staff are inexperience so it's their first taste of the real world. The pay isn't that bad either, but it's never going to be for a job which requires minimal training and no qualifications.

In the current climate this would be a lifeline to so many struggling people and especially for younger people who struggle for any sort opportunities as it is. 

Some clever planning needed concerning traffic in this area as it can be bad on non match days. So they’ll no doubt feck that up. 

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Fair point I guess, but 65 decent jobs would be better.

The very definition of Mcjobs.

I don’t disagree. I’d rather local food outlets be given the land, to expand and train staff, and keep the profits and tax in the city. But McDonalds have the money to expand unlike most of the hard-hit local food places and McDonalds will undoubtedly pull in the punters. If you work in the council, McDonalds will be the safer bet.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd get my view in quickly as it is important to be consistent on this. I want people to see how important I am as an individual & also speculate about my earning potential (Statement 1) but I also want everyone to know that when it comes down to it I'm a humble guy, just one of the lads :smile: (Statement 2)

1) I am too good to work at McDonalds 

2) I am not too good to eat at McDonalds 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

How about the council gives the premises to the multitude of independent food retailers who have served fans of both clubs for years, and have seen their sales plummet to nil because of the pandemic? This would devastate the nearby chip shops and burger vans who have been around for 20 years. 

Absolutely. The one thing the UK doesn’t need more of now is McDonald’s, support local businesses! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember studying at Leicester college and drinking at the pub there whenever there was a tiny break. I would rather have a frankie and benny's because the volume of traffic alone would kill that area in rush hour let alone out of hours traffic.

No McMadders for me.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very Foxestalk answers to the proposition of jobs for young people in a depression. 

I did make reference to it being a fair point, and it is better than no job, so you are probably right. I should be delighted

I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a job like that!

2 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

It's no longer a job to be turning your nose up at, manager roles for young people to move up a ladder is a dream for some.

Don't know why some have to be so negative lol

Maybe I am out of date, I guess Mcdonalds hated the term being used, and in fact the Wikipedia entry bears that out.