Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

28 minutes ago, gerblod said:

The quotation marks around 'found out' were intended as an ironic gesture to all those who, for whatever reason, seek to decry Luke.

Chilly was similarly isolated in those matches I mentioned. With players like Mahrez and Salah attacking defenders should hunt in twos (or more). 

Rodgers, like Puel, has had enough time to establish a method of resisting these early onslaught games. He also has not figured out how to break out of high presses yet. Same old pattern of doing well against teams who aren't as clever in their tactical awareness and planning but resorting to passing between centre-backs, Schmeichel and the full- backs when the opposition are sharp. 

We have more-than-decent players who, for whatever reason, seem to lack the confidence to break up attacks and initiate counters. We begin to look as if we're gaining stability over a short run of games and then get taken to the cleaners by teams we should be at least matching.

BR is as unimaginative and unadaptable as Puel. He has a better squad than Puel and is a better man-manager, yet tactically he's not moving on. Maybe when JJ and Wes return things will change, but unless he can demonstrate he has the nouse to keep City in the top six, then the lottery of the various cups we compete in is the best we can hope to do well in.

Key players need to know the team is capable of sustaining meaningful challenges. If that's not apparent then they will move on.

Absolutely agree with all that. Unless there are changes I fear things could implode pretty quickly. I personally wouldn't blame Tielemans for moving on for example, he deserves Champions League football and we're steering further and further away from it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/10/2021 at 20:07, yorkie1999 said:

You can’t use age as an excuse when someone doesn’t play well. He needs a loan to iron out his indecisive play. We can’t afford for him to learn on the job in the first team.

Yes we can,because thats what big clever Teams do...Fans just Search blindly for blame...

8 other outfield players..5 more experienced International defender..were below average, who should of supported him...I

Poor form from fans  awareness.!!

• Like 1

On 02/11/2021 at 08:20, gerblod said:

As I've stated on here, ad nauseam, he integrated exceptionally well into the team for the latter half of last season - the one which finished sixth in the Premier. He had exceptional moments. He wowed not only us fans, but the media too. 

How's loaning him out going to improve his ability and confidence - playing against inferior opposition. Are we so replete with players that we can afford to send away such talent?

I don't believe he lacks pace or power - I believe a caucus of posters on here are looking for an easy scapegoat to carry the can for the inconsistency of the team as a whole - so it has to be the kid, rather than Rodger's struggles with getting the defence to cohere. Evans is carrying an injury, Söyüncü  has lost confidence, Amartey just isn't up to the standard necessary and Vestergaard is struggling to integrate and perform. 

I believe we have a lot of a player in Thomas and I suspect he he's cheaper than most of the squad. Once JJ returns then the obvious player to transfer out is Bertrand.

West Ham?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure you actually watched the game buddy. 

Well as I was there I am pretty sure I did.

Attempted just 3 dribbles in over 30 mins of which he only completed 1, and also completed only 1 cross.

Not really what you want from your wide player

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Well as I was there I am pretty sure I did.

Attempted just 3 dribbles in over 30 mins of which he only completed 1, and also completed only 1 cross.

Not really what you want from your wide player

Agreed. Soyuncu was getting frustrated with him not moving from the touchline and clogging up the space at one point.

• Like 1

soyoncu put him in some good positions and he didnt do much with it. Looking dangerous and actually being dangerous are two different things. Soyoncu isolated lookman 1v1 by pushing forward and lookman took no advantage from it. Its fine. it happens. Lookman is a good player from my point of view but he wasnt at it last night. Miles better than bertrand at least

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

At least Douglas Bader could fly up and down the wing!

I used to live in oxford where the local sports club was shared with an indep school. It was the esporta barder centre. I recall one of the older chaps saying he thought dougie would have approved

Edited by foxinsocks

On 03/11/2021 at 12:45, pmcla26 said:

Can't we be of the opinion though that Thomas is a brilliant talent but not ready to start for us yet? He's 100% gonna be more than good enough, we all know that, but he isn't ready yet. 

Also, how can you say Amartey isn't up to the standard necessary but Thomas is right now? Makes 0 sense whatsoever. 

I'm afraid "we" can't be of the same opinion as you - because we saw, throughout the latter half of last season where he rarely put a foot wrong, that he was ready - invaluably.

Perhaps his dip in form is down to BR not having faith in him as first choice. One thing young players need is to have confidence shown in them, because they've not yet developed self-belief.

Amartey is never going to be quite at the standard I would hope we all want our players to perform at. He's competent but he's no Fofana. Thomas is (I believe, anyway) a young man with the potential to emulate or even surpass his departed predecessor. 

I believe he will continue to learn, while Amartey has reached his plateau.

Regrettable that I make no sense in my assessment, but this is how the situation appears to me.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Sorry, didn’t mean “we” to try force an opinion on to you. 

I agree Thomas is a fantastic prospect. I was just saying in the here and now he shouldn’t be starting games against a side like Arsenal. He is more than good enough for us though and will go on to be a great player. It made no sense to me how you said that Amartey wasn’t up to the standard required when he’s been consistently decent this season and been a part of the squad for 5 years, but you were saying that Thomas is ready right now. 

It's ok. I've never allowed anyone to force an opinion on me.

I appreciate that Amartey has stepped up to provide consistent cover - although I've had to take that on the basis of secondary sources - not having been able to watch him over 90 minutes.

Yet, is he ever going to be at the level Fofana has been playing at and at the level this current Leicester Club aspires to?

You state that Thomas is "more than good for us". However you haven't responded to my assertion that he proved himself good enough for the team over the latter half of last season. 

That has to be taken in the context of a team playing well enough to finish fifth in spite of appalling injury absences.

You haven't responded either to my observation that he's been demoted for no apparent good reason, is appearing in an inconsistent team and maybe is suffering from a crisis of confidence for those reasons. After all, he is still really only an ingénue.

• 3 weeks later...