Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

On 30/04/2021 at 21:58, happy85 said:

All other players have played good throughout the season 

not once I seen have Thomas great attacking game 

can’t believe no one can see his zero threat going forward 

I did warn everyone 

he gone backwards. League 1 level

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately completely out of his depth at this level - could almost call today’s result as soon as ricardo not available and Thomas in the 11- not even close to a premier league player which is not nice to say considering he is one of our own - ridiculous not to play bertrand a seasoned campaigner - hindsight a wonderful thing but Brendan should be fully aware he isn’t good enough for that level - I hope he can find a way to improve but shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad never mind 11 of a premier league top half team - again I have no joy in saying that - tough day today all round - onward and upward 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure people are hammering him, I think most people realise he is a bit lightweight and also perhaps need some game time in the championship to further develop. He is out of depth in the Premier league at the moment and that's nothing against him as I believe he will be a good player. 

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure people are hammering him, I think most people realise he is a bit lightweight and also perhaps need some game time in the championship to further develop. He is out of depth in the Premier league at the moment and that's nothing against him as I believe he will be a good player. 

Trouble is Bertrand is disgustingly bad at the moment, whether that's down to Covid or not we will see. Thomas will struggle sometimes as he's young but Bertrand, as he is, is finished at this level, so we cant send Thomas on loan otherwise Bertrand will be our backup fullback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

He's only a young man. Blimey. 

You can’t use age as an excuse when someone doesn’t play well. He needs a loan to iron out his indecisive play. We can’t afford for him to learn on the job in the first team.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You can’t use age as an excuse when someone doesn’t play well

He played fine last season, but has been messed around by Rodgers and, when he plays now, it has been as a wing back and without Barnes in front of him, neither of which suits his style.  What's more, he's being thrown into a defence that has been very shaky this season, which doesn't help him settle into a working system.

Square pegs in round holes is never the best way to utilise your squad.  Brendan needs to sort out the centre backs.  As soon as he gets them working better together the defence will be more solid and then the whole team will perform with more confidence.

• Like 1

I think he's simply not a wing back. Pick 4 or 3/5 at the back based on which full backs or wing backs are available. He simply isn't capable of being the attacking threat we need down the left if we play that system. He was fine in a four.

I'd sack 3/5 at the back off unless we have at least two of Ricardo, Castagne and Justin fit.

• Like 1

Got no problem with Luke Thomas. He's literally a young lad from the academy adjusting to the PL. He'll make the odd mistake and he's not blessed with a lot of pace. But he'll give you his damn best. I was there today and that was clear to see.

Also who else is there? Bertrand is absolutely pants from what I've seen of him so forget that.

We need JJ back but who knows how long that will take.

• Like 1

I don’t feel he’s good enough, at this moment in time, to start at this level and think he starts because Bertrand has been below par as well as Justin being out but fair play to the lad for giving his all. Maybe a loan move to a Championship side where he can get a full season of first team action under his belt will do him some good.

3 hours ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Luke Thomas is coming along just fine guys. No need to get on his back. He did ok today and there were players who played worse than him in that 1st half. Actually thought Luke Thomas linked up well with Harvey Barnes again in the 2nd half and he was so close to scoring too. Keep the faith and he’ll be better than Chilwell in a couple of years (Bertrand has been nothing but awful so far!)

To say he did OK today I think is an over statement. Thought Saka had him on ice physically today, especially in the first half, he was very nervy, didn’t commit to challenges and was a clear weak link for us today. As you say, he’s young and will improve but it doesn’t mean his performance was any better than poor. This is the trade off we have to accept when playing youngsters though, performances will be indifferent. It was a 50/5” toss up whether Big Dan or Thomas got dragged at half time for me.

I would have rather played Amartey at right back and Timmy as left. Saka would not have played Timmy in the same way he did Thomas. Unfortunately for us I think Thomas has come in far too prematurely. There is certainly a player there but he's a bit wet behind the ears and far too light weight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, jv1 said:

Unfortunately completely out of his depth at this level - could almost call today’s result as soon as ricardo not available and Thomas in the 11- not even close to a premier league player which is not nice to say considering he is one of our own - ridiculous not to play bertrand a seasoned campaigner - hindsight a wonderful thing but Brendan should be fully aware he isn’t good enough for that level - I hope he can find a way to improve but shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad never mind 11 of a premier league top half team - again I have no joy in saying that - tough day today all round - onward and upward 

As today then LK got totally "found out" against West Ham too in "that" 4-1 mauling early on in the season. As others have said, come up against seasoned/experienced pros at the top level then a young. developing pro at that level easily gets found out if the opposition have done their homework beforehand....as I suspect Arsenal might have done the minute they saw he was in the starting line up!

51 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I don’t feel he’s good enough, at this moment in time, to start at this level and think he starts because Bertrand has been below par as well as Justin being out but fair play to the lad for giving his all. Maybe a loan move to a Championship side where he can get a full season of first team action under his belt will do him some good.

So if Bertrand is below par, JJ is out and you send Thomas out on loan, who are you going to play at left back?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1