Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Do we know if he's a proper fan of ours or just happens to live near?

Would be nice to have a proper local supporting lad on the ranks. It's what I actually envy most about the likes of Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal

His family are STH's I believe.

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Would be nice to have a proper local supporting lad on the ranks. It's what I actually envy most about the likes of Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal

But harsh this. Hamza, KDH, Barnes & Thomas all proper Leicester boys. They’ve been at the club since they were under 10s; course they love the club

Just Leicester fans / lads aren’t as loud and proud as other clubs listed. More reserved but same level of love for their club.

KDH have interviews saying he idolised Matt Oakley and Richie Wellens (enough said lol)

9 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Yes he’s a proper Leicester fan and has supported them all his life along with his family. He used to watch them when he was a youngster in the academy and went to lots of away games 

32 minutes ago, eblair said:

kid deserves more love from the fans, i know he's looked poor at times but he's not even 21

hopefully he can have a JJ like 2nd season for us

I agree there are a select few that absolutely hammer him at times. They know who they are and go very quiet when he puts a few decent performances in but 1 mistake and the keyboard warriors come out and hammer him again. 

He’s still young and learning being played out of position and times and not making the matchday squads on some occasions too which seems to get overlooked. How he is meant to get any consistency is beyond me but for the last few games at LB and granted against poor opposition he has looked good defensively and also offering more in attack too. 

• Like 3

When he’s having an off day he’s awful, but he’s put together two back to back very good performances this week. Just got to persevere with him I think, he’s better than Chilwell was at the same age. 

So much better in a back four as many others have said. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

there are a select few that absolutely hammer him at times. They know who they are and go very quiet when he puts a few decent performances in but 1 mistake and the keyboard warriors come out and hammer him again. 

Whenever we lose , some thrash around looking for someone to blame when its usually a collective problem ,and that includes Rodgers. They just can't help themselves but its pretty pathetic.

The reason I thought Bertrand was a good signing is that I was worried about Thomas. I was thinking that we needed back up at LB. 

I was expecting that LT would shadow Bertrand for a year and then take over or become a squad player when the likes of Justin and Ricardo are fit. 

It’s not turned out like that, however, and Thomas is now ahead of Ryan B and has a chance to tie the place down. It’s most likely that one of the right backs (JJ is probably best of the three at LB) might start there in the short term, but he looks like one for the medium and long term. Hope he keeps it up.

Just to finish on a negative: the Vestergaard and Bertrand signings appear to be absolutely pointless - which is bloody annoying. I thought Bertrand at least would be a good option to cover for injuries, but he’s been outplayed by a 20 year old! 

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

When he’s having an off day he’s awful, but he’s put together two back to back very good performances this week. Just got to persevere with him I think, he’s better than Chilwell was at the same age. 

So much better in a back four as many others have said. 

Awfully you are going well OTT...Plus we can PIN that on any player, when we are in our Lazy moods..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Pleased to say I've enjoyed his last two performances. 

Wednesday was a steady 6/10. Yesterday he was one of our best players at 7/10. I want to say it as I have called him.out when he's been poor. 

The difference of him.as an a conventional left back and lwb is stark. Which, really, is poor from his manager to have hung him out to dry like that at lwb, a role he  clearly unsuited to. 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Wednesday was a steady 6/10. Yesterday he was one of our best players at 7/10. I want to say it as I have called him.out when he's been poor. 

The difference of him.as an a conventional left back and lwb is stark. Which, really, is poor from his manager to have hung him out to dry like that at lwb, a role he  clearly unsuited to. 

How does he know without giving him a go, and who to say he can't develop into a good LWB with more exposure to playing that position. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

In regards to him as a wing back, it’s a tough one. His end product is brilliant especially for his age - he’s cracking at picking a man out or whipping in a decent cross. Just doesn’t seem to be quite athletic enough to play that role which is a real shame.

• Like 1