Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Thought he did okay, nice to see him get an assist as well

Must've had a nose bleed being in the Southampton box seeing as he doesn't get forward or attack... :ph34r:

One thing I've noticed how much he's improved in recent weeks and something Chilwell was excellent at is winning headers from those awkward cross balls that come out his way. Not only is he winning them but got a number of them with precision to our midfielders. A handy skill to have in a team that loves to give the ball away.

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

He's what we have until JJ is back. BR alluded to this aswell. We just need to keep near the right end until we get JJ and Wes back. I can't see him being first choice anytime soon if everyone is fit 

His performances in the last week are of a high enough standard that Justin won't be in there any time soon given we know how long it takes it ease a player back in from an ACL injury and that's good. What would be a concern is if he was having a poor run of games like he did before the international break and then we were relying on Justin from the off.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One thing I've noticed how much he's improved in recent weeks and something Chilwell was excellent at is winning headers from those awkward cross balls that come out his way. Not only is he winning them but got a number of them with precision to our midfielders. A handy skill to have in a team that loves to give the ball away.

I think to be fair to him, playing behind Barnes is a tough job because he does about as much defensive work as Mahrez on a day off. Not to mention Barnes was absolutely honking tonight. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Playing behind Barnes is like playing behind Mahrez you have a lot of work to do.

He's going to have ups and downs but he's doing a good job.

Difference is Mahrez offered so much going forward that it wasn’t an issue, particularly in 15/16. Barnes is not at his level so needs to up his attacking game and end product significantly if he wants to get away with his current defensive efforts! 

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I think to be fair to him, playing behind Barnes is a tough job because he does about as much defensive work as Mahrez on a day off. Not to mention Barnes was absolutely honking tonight. 

Yeah agreed, although previous 2 games going forward as a pair they have been excellent but tonight Barnes had a poor game and Thomas still coped very well and even got an assist.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Difference is Mahrez offered so much going forward that it wasn’t an issue, particularly in 15/16. Barnes is not at his level so needs to up his attacking game and end product significantly if he wants to get away with his current defensive efforts! 

I wasn't really talking about Barnes or his attacking out put that's for another thread.

What I was trying to say is Thomas is doing extremely well give the help he gets from Barnes.

Just now, Whys it always me said:

I sometimes question if I watch a different game to other people. I thought he was class today but saw lots of comments that he isn’t ready 

No I agree, thought he was the best of a bad bunch. Didn’t put a foot wrong and looked the only one interested. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whys it always me said:

I sometimes question if I watch a different game to other people. I thought he was class today but saw lots of comments that he isn’t ready 

Best of the bunch today.

He actually did really well on their disallowed goal. Soyuncu in no men’s land and left with two players. He gets his body shape right to stop Cash having an easy header. 

Made a superb block before they scored their second. 

He was given zero help by Barnes today 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

even if he was off colour today, you can’t lay the blame at the foot of an academy graduate when there are so many experienced players on the pitch. I mean, it’s not like he played badly and everyone else played great and we was at fault for both their goals or anything..