Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Played well tonight, both him and Barnes link up well and are much better in a back 4 system

As with all our full backs, they are better with support from a winger creating space, even Castagne who if I'm honest has still not completely impressed me enough. Hes been decent with the odd strong performance but I just know he can do better. His injury proneness pisses me off too, looks like he did his shoulder or maybe elbow again tonight. FFS

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

As with all our full backs, they are better with support from a winger creating space, even Castagne who if I'm honest has still not completely impressed me enough. Hes been decent with the odd strong performance but I just know he can do better. His injury proneness pisses me off too, looks like he did his shoulder or maybe elbow again tonight. FFS

Thankfully with Castagne's shoulder it isn't much of an issue currently and won't keep him out of games as they can just stick it back in and he is fine to play on

Hopefully Brendan sticks back with this system now, though if Evans is out for a while I just know he will probably bring the lampost in a 5 at the back and Thomas will either be benched or back to being used out of position again

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Thankfully with Castagne's shoulder it isn't much of an issue currently and won't keep him out of games as they can just stick it back in and he is fine to play on

Hopefully Brendan sticks back with this system now, though if Evans is out for a while I just know he will probably bring the lampost in a 5 at the back and Thomas will either be benched or back to being used out of position again

I think he'll stick with the back 4 against this run of slightly easier fixtures. Plus we've been absolutely revolting in a back 3 in recent weeks and he's not afraid to acknowledge that thankfully.

• Like 2

Missed most the second half as got called out at work but thought he was good in the first half and made a couple of surging runs forward. Sad to see some morons on twitter slagging him off when the line up came out and happy to see him give the doubters the middle finger

• Like 1

Solid performance tonight 7/10.

Consider that he hasn't gone out on loan to a lower league club to learn his trade.

He was forced in to the team during an injury crisis and he's never let us down.

Could turn out to be an England regular, could be the next Joe Mattock.

I'm edging towards the former. 

He got the assist for the winning goal in an FA Cup Final. Whatever happens, he's earnt it all so far.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Consider that he hasn't gone out on loan to a lower league club to learn his trade.

He was forced in to the team during an injury crisis and he's never let us down.

He got the assist for the winning goal in an FA Cup Final. Whatever happens, he's earnt it all so far.

Not to mention score a ridiculous goal at Old Trafford, he's had an eventful few years has Thokas. Got a great future.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Okay game. Nothing spectacular. Solid night. 

41 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Can I ask what he could have done to get more than solid from you both? A booking for a cynical foul because the rest of the team played us into trouble so kind of had to do it. Not criticising by the way, just intrigued as to what would have bumped him up in your estimations?

Best performer out there tonight by a long way for me. Countless excellent interceptions, great positioning defensively and pretty solid going forwards. With Justin out, he should be playing most games even if there are some low moments as he'll come out the other side better for it.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Can I ask what he could have done to get more than solid from you both? A booking for a cynical foul because the rest of the team played us into trouble so kind of had to do it. Not criticising by the way, just intrigued as to what would have bumped him up in your estimations?

Best performer out there tonight by a long way for me. Countless excellent interceptions, great positioning defensively and pretty solid going forwards. With Justin out, he should be playing most games even if there are some low moments as he'll come out the other side better for it.

I meant it in a complimentary way.

As a team, although we won, we weren't outstanding. 

I'm a big fan of Luke.

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I meant it in a complimentary way.

As a team, although we won, we weren't outstanding. 

I'm a big fan of Luke.

That's fair enough. We all have different scale so a 7 for you might be an 8 for me. Wasn't amazing going forward but did well and just felt that his defensive performance was excellent. Showed some good tenacity and aggression too

• Like 1

As a full back he is a very decent prospect. But please never play him again as a wing back. Just lacks the energy and physicality to keep getting up and down. The Arsenal game encapsulated that perfectly - he was awful first half in a 5 but looked really good second half in a 4. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

That's fair enough. We all have different scale so a 7 for you might be an 8 for me. Wasn't amazing going forward but did well and just felt that his defensive performance was excellent. Showed some good tenacity and aggression too

Absolutely. 

As a young lad, he's living all our dreams. I absolutely wish him the best.

He's got an old head on young shoulders, seem like he's listened to the best...Fuchs/Albrighton. 

It's a short career, make an impact.

I hope for LCFC and for him personally that he's going to grow into a world class player.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Absolutely. 

As a young lad, he's living all our dreams. I absolutely wish him the best.

He's got an old head on young shoulders, seem like he's listened to the best...Fuchs/Albrighton. 

It's a short career, make an impact.

I hope for LCFC and for him personally that he's going to grow into a world class player.

Don't worry about that mate; Bertrand will take his place on Sunday :D

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Solid wasn't a criticism. It was a praise. He didn't have a MOTM game but he put in a good shift. 

Positive. Don't be so sensitive. I thought that Maddison played as well as Thomas. Soumare had a quietly good game too. 

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Solid wasn't a criticism. It was a praise. He didn't have a MOTM game but he put in a good shift. 

Positive. Don't be so sensitive. I thought that Maddison played as well as Thomas. Soumare had a quietly good game too. 

Sensitive?! I just asked a genuine question of you (which you didn't answer). Ironically it appears I touched a nerve :D

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

U watch the same game as me , would love to see his stats for going forward compared to his going backwards , the kid is a good defender but he is rubbish going forward needs to spent a year in a lower division to improve his attacking skills 

• Haha 3