Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa League - Slavia Prague in Round of 32

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If I had a choice of draw I would have probably picked Molde, Maccabi Tel Aviv or Wolfsberger AC. As I say, it's not a bad draw at all but maybe not "ideal". I just felt that a lot of people were underestimating the team. We have to be careful. I would be disappointed not to go through but we have to turn up for both games. THe other problem of course is that the games are 2 months away, a lot could happen injury wise in those 2 months (either side). Fingers crossed we have had our rough patch already...

If we cannot beat them over 180 minutes then we have serious problems. They are a two bit outfit from a ceap footballing nation. Not having them one bit. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we cannot beat them over 180 minutes then we have serious problems. They are a two bit outfit from a ceap footballing nation. Not having them one bit. 

You really do let yourself down at times talking like a ladies urinating device  and disrespectful why o why do you do it ? Are we now a European powerhouse ffs

Edited by mazarron fox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

You really do let yourself down at times talking like a ladies urinating device  and disrespectful why o why do you do it ? Are we now a European powerhouse ffs

No we're not a European powerhouse.

But it's Prague we're talking about. They would break Derby's record if they were in the Premier League.

All very well being nice and respectful but we should be beating these over two legs. There is no excuse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just remind us how many times you’ve watched them and how many of their players you are familiar with.

On 14/12/2020 at 13:18, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is not a good draw, certainly not the worst but it's up there. They have so far given Leverkusen their only defeat of the season. However, we have the ability to get through and should be getting through on paper.

Personally this is 50/50 for me. If we turn up in both games then we should have enough for them. Vital we get a goal or two away.

Wish you were my bookie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

No we're not a European powerhouse.

But it's Prague we're talking about. They would break Derby's record if they were in the Premier League.

All very well being nice and respectful but we should be beating these over two legs. There is no excuse.

No excuse by who from who how long have you been supporting us ? 

58 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

No excuse by who from who how long have you been supporting us ? 

Season ticket holder since 2002. Been going to matches since about 1997.

There is no excuse for our team with the players we have and the money we've spent not to beat this team over two legs.

That's not me saying it's impossible for Prague to beat us, but we should be beating them. Quite easily in fact.

43 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Season ticket holder since 2002. Been going to matches since about 1997.

There is no excuse for our team with the players we have and the money we've spent not to beat this team over two legs.

That's not me saying it's impossible for Prague to beat us, but we should be beating them. Quite easily in fact.

Agreed, we've got to shift this mentality of little old Leicester. We're a team with serious ambitions in this, we're going to have to beat better teams further along the way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

I don't think I'm the one being a fanny here. They're a very mediocre outfit and not anywhere near our level. If we get beaten by them over 2 legs then it will be a disgrace on our part. It's not about being a European powerhouse, its about being part of a domestic league that is on a complete different planet to theirs and one we do fairly well in.

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

Just remind us how many times you’ve watched them and how many of their players you are familiar with.

I've seen bits of them, I watch a lot of football. Their league is doggo and if we lose to them over 2 legs then it will be another bottle job on our part. I don't think we will though, I think we will take them apart. If I'm wrong, be sure to come and let me know. 

Can someone call an ambulance for Chris Sutton - he has something stuck in his throat:

Chris Sutton's Europa League predictions for Premier League teams:

Arsenal vs Benfica: Benfica

Man Utd vs Real Sociedad: Man Utd

Spurs vs Wolfsberger: Spurs

Leicester vs Slavia Prague: Leicester

............................. Leicester have talented players and are going well in the Premier League, in which they are third.  ‘I’d expect them to fly past the Czech champions.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/15/chris-sutton-europa-league-predictions-man-utd-arsenal-spurs-13756102/?ito=cbshare

We should beat these, no excuses. 

I'm not impressed with their domestic stats. The Czech league is 19th in UEFA coefficients. They're below Denmark, Cyprus, Ukraine, Greece and Scotland. 

In their EL group they got battered 4-0 by Leverkusen away, and I'd say we're on a level with Leverkusen. They only beat Leverkusen at home because Leverkusen went down to 10 men after 22 minutes, and even then Slavia only won 1-0. They beat Nice twice and lost away to an Israeli pub team. 

Yes Slavia Prague can win but all things considered we are heavy favourites and should go through. @Corkyis right, we have to shift our mentality away from this "little old Leicester", and we have ti act like big dogs and expect Ws.

Edited by Koke

On 14/12/2020 at 17:55, Bert said:

It’s an unreal city isn’t it. Lots of people say it’s expensive but after going twice I never paid more than 3 euro for a pint. Lots to do, would recommend it to any couple or stag/hen party. Decent flight there as well. 

We've booked already... If life is 1/2 way normal, where would you recommend we go then ?

9 minutes ago, coolcol said:

We've booked already... If life is 1/2 way normal, where would you recommend we go then ?

Wenceslas square is fantastic. Shame the tie isn’t around Easter time as they have lots going on, parades and stuff. The Charles Bridge is very iconic and the river cruise is very nice on the Vltava too. Plenty of stuff to do in and around that area as well with some great little shops and bars. I would say that the castle is a must though. Of course a lot of it depends on if that stuff is of interest to you. 

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wenceslas square is fantastic. Shame the tie isn’t around Easter time as they have lots going on, parades and stuff. The Charles Bridge is very iconic and the river cruise is very nice on the Vltava too. Plenty of stuff to do in and around that area as well with some great little shops and bars. I would say that the castle is a must though. Of course a lot of it depends on if that stuff is of interest to you. 

I do like a beer or two, but I do like a bit of local culture/ local stories aswell and where I can say,

"in Prague you've gotta go to....??? " 

3 hours ago, coolcol said:

All I can remember from the one night out I spent there was getting blackout drunk, then coming round to find myself drinking weed-infused absinthe in a jazz bar with live music being played by a DJ and a bloke with a saxophone.

To call it a surreal city is an understatement.

• Like 1