Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa League - Slavia Prague in Round of 32

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Some other great ties and glad we avoided.

Real Sociedad vs Man Utd

The two highest ranked Europa clubs per fivethirtyeight, and #1 v #6 per euroclubindex.  :thumbup:

The Glazers must have felt too skint this year to write their check to UEFA.  Won't even get any dodgy pens!

21 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

For anyone interested:

First leg (away) is Thursday 18th February at 17:55.

Second leg (home) is Thursday 25th February at 20:00.

Hopefully, by then, some fans will be allowed in, so we may get a few thousand in attendance for the return leg.

What about the first leg? Are they currently allowing fans in their stadiums over there?

6 minutes ago, idoesthis said:

What about the first leg? Are they currently allowing fans in their stadiums over there?

I have no idea what current rules are over there, I feel like they are battling too and constantly tightening then loosening like everyone else. However, in regard to fans getting into any stadium, no one will be allowing away fans until at least next season.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

For anyone interested:

First leg (away) is Thursday 18th February at 17:55.

Second leg (home) is Thursday 25th February at 20:00.

Hopefully, by then, some fans will be allowed in, so we may get a few thousand in attendance for the return leg.

Was wondering if old 'uns, like me , could get me jabs, and club could open part of the ground if you've got a certificate? Clubs must be planning some kind of transition to full attendance.

3 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Was wondering if old 'uns, like me , could get me jabs, and club could open part of the ground if you've got a certificate? Clubs must be planning some kind of transition to full attendance.

I am sure a lot of planning is going on behind the scenes but full attendance is not likely until next season. We'll do well to get it half full by May. Fingers crossed we could get a decent attendance in for at least part of the season though, could make for a nice run-in.

Not sure the certificate route is fair as not everyone has an equal chance of receiving a vaccine. If anything, it would be a comfort to yourself in this case knowing that you could (as good as) safely go to a game without a risk of being infected.

• Like 1

Found this.

He did not care for Shakhtar Donetsk, on the contrary, he longed for a team from England. Jindřich Trpišovský evaluates Monday's draw of the European League, which Leicester awarded to stitchers, positively"The teams we all wanted disappeared from the fate at the beginning. Then there were only five left, which we did not long for. And Leicester was drawn for us ... We are satisfied, everyone who makes football wants to look at the Islands, "commented the course of the lottery coach. "We know how tough an opponent awaits us. They score a lot of goals in all their matches, they have extremely fast players. Jamie Vardy, James Maddison, Youri Tielemans, who has already introduced himself in Eden. But we are looking forward to going to England, where the number of fans in the stadiums is growing. Now it's just a matter of playing in front of the audience in February in the Czech Republic as well. We will play with a team from the Premier League and it would be great for people to be there, "wishes Jindřich Trpišovský. Leicester, the English champion from 2015/2016, is currently the third team in the English Premier League, losing only two points to the leader Tottenham. Out of twelve matches, Brendan Rodgers' charges were able to win eight times.

4 hours ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Watched Slavia Prague play in this competition a couple of years ago. They achieved the almost impossible by beating Sevilla over 2 legs. Sadly they've lost a few players since then but still deserve some respect. 

bruh that's ez tho
Marc-Albrighton.jpg

Overlooking them would be disrespectful on our part. They are there on merit. 

We wouldnt be happy if fans of Liverpool or Man City looked past us after drawing them in a cup competition. Let's not do the same. 

We will be favourites but they will fancy their chances and so they should. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I went and saw Slavia play years ago whilst on a stag piss do in their fine city. I think there was my four mates, 300 locals and 5 away fans. Sausage and beer at half time. Fun times!!

Was the game boring then?  Mind you, Whatever floats your boat. 

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Vaguely tempted to book a flight but it seems pointless if we can’t go. This is a right shitter.

1 hour ago, idoesthis said:

Some of the harshest restrictions in Europe. State of emergency called twice in CZ. 

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is not a good draw, certainly not the worst but it's up there. They have so far given Leverkusen their only defeat of the season. However, we have the ability to get through and should be getting through on paper.

Personally this is 50/50 for me. If we turn up in both games then we should have enough for them. Vital we get a goal or two away.

24th rated out of the 32 team in the betting at 200/1.

If this wasn't a decent draw then what were people expecting? Any team who has got this far has already finished in the top two of the Europa Cup group so no one left are complete mugs.

Just looking at their squad it's mostly Czech players 25+, if they were that good they still wouldn't be playing in the Czech league. I think it's fair to say not one of their players gets in our first XI. They would struggle to get a couple of players on our bench. 

It's a good draw, our biggest buy in the summer was a £30m CB, there's was a £1m CB. Not saying we get through no bother at all but we should do given the gulf between the two clubs.

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Some of the harshest restrictions in Europe. State of emergency called twice in CZ. 

It was an absolute free for all 3 or 4 months ago. I remember some huge party on the Charles bridge being covered in the news....yep just checked the link...I thought at the time it was a bit.ambitious....but at least it shows they are prepared to get stuck.in if things lighten up so you never know, late Feb they may start to.loosen up again 👍

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/czech-public-dinner-lockdown-scli-intl/index.html

• Like 1