Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Europa League - Slavia Prague in Round of 32

43 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavia-prague-boss-reveals-boyhood-4842240

Slavia Prague boss reveals why he was a boyhood Leicester City fan ahead of Europa League clash
Jindrich Trpisovsky has already given instructions to his defenders on how to keep pace with City striker Jamie Vardy as he looks ahead to February's two-legged tie

ByJordan Blackwell
13:45, 30 DEC 2020

The new year brings with it more European football for Leicester City, but there are few people more excited for their Europa League knockout clash with Slavia Prague than the Czech champions’ boss.

Jindrich Trpisovsky, in charge of Slavia since 2017, has said he was a boyhood City fan, and grew up idolising Gary Lineker.

And so he was very happy with the last-32 draw that paired the two clubs, with a two-legged tie to come in February.

However, his big hope for the fixture is that fans will be allowed to attend.

“Whoever plays football wants to go to England when such teams are available to play,” Trpisovsky said. “There aren't that many chances to play in such an environment.

“As a little boy, I really liked Leicester because of Gary Lineker, who grew up there and was my favorite player. So I cheered for him a lot, even though they were playing mostly the second division at the time.

"For me, the goal is to have people here. That’s the only thing I'm thinking about. It would be sad to play in Prague with an English team without people. Of course we can't affect it, but it's my wish. We'll see what happens by then.”

After City’s title win in 2016, Jamie Vardy is now a worldwide name, so it’s no surprise that he is the man on the lips of the Slavia boss.

Trpisovsky has already told his players they need to improve their pace over the winter so they can keep up with the speedy City talisman.

“He's one of my favorite players, it's great to watch him,” Trpisovksy said of Vardy. “He improves their performance by 50 percent, he is one of the best forwards in the world. A terribly dangerous player.

“He will be hard to defend. I told the defenders that they had to increase their speed over the winter by three to five kilometres to match him.

“We are realistic through the result, we are playing with a team that can beat Manchester City, United or Liverpool. It will be extremely difficult. There are a lot of goals in their matches, they have great offensive players.”

What a lovely bloke

55 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavia-prague-boss-reveals-boyhood-4842240

Slavia Prague boss reveals why he was a boyhood Leicester City fan ahead of Europa League clash
Jindrich Trpisovsky has already given instructions to his defenders on how to keep pace with City striker Jamie Vardy as he looks ahead to February's two-legged tie

ByJordan Blackwell

The new year brings with it more European football for Leicester City, but there are few people more excited for their Europa League knockout clash with Slavia Prague than the Czech champions’ boss.

Jindrich Trpisovsky, in charge of Slavia since 2017, has said he was a boyhood City fan, and grew up idolising Gary Lineker.

And so he was very happy with the last-32 draw that paired the two clubs, with a two-legged tie to come in February.

“Whoever plays football wants to go to England when such teams are available to play,” Trpisovsky said. “There aren't that many chances to play in such an environment.

“As a little boy, I really liked Leicester because of Gary Lineker, who grew up there and was my favorite player. So I cheered for him a lot, even though they were playing mostly the second division at the time.

"For me, the goal is to have people here. That’s the only thing I'm thinking about. It would be sad to play in Prague with an English team without people. Of course we can't affect it, but it's my wish. We'll see what happens by then.”

After City’s title win in 2016, Jamie Vardy is now a worldwide name, so it’s no surprise that he is the man on the lips of the Slavia boss.

Trpisovsky has already told his players they need to improve their pace over the winter so they can keep up with the speedy City talisman.

“He's one of my favorite players, it's great to watch him,” Trpisovksy said of Vardy. “He improves their performance by 50 percent, he is one of the best forwards in the world. A terribly dangerous player.

“He will be hard to defend. I told the defenders that they had to increase their speed over the winter by three to five kilometres to match him.

“We are realistic through the result, we are playing with a team that can beat Manchester City, United or Liverpool. It will be extremely difficult. There are a lot of goals in their matches, they have great offensive players.”

What a bloody great chap he is, hope we only duff them 3 or 4 nil now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Jindrich Trpisovsky has already given instructions to his defenders on how to keep pace with City striker Jamie Vardy

I think we need to counteract this...if we play Iheanacho instead of Vardy, they will be totally clueless what to do, come to think of it, so will Iheanacho...

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I think we need to counteract this...if we play Iheanacho instead of Vardy, they will be totally clueless what to do, come to think of it, so will Iheanacho...

They'll have to reduce their speed by 3 to 5km over the winter to keep pace with Iheanacho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/12/2020 at 17:16, davieG said:

ByJordan Blackwell

generic article trying to establish underdog credentials and write the headlines for the papers the morning after the game . Win - you’re the messiah . Lose - what do you expect against such a wonderful side . “My favourite team” “ my favourite player” - bollocks 

Leicester City Europa League squad
Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel, Danny Ward, Eldin Jakupovic

Defenders: James Justin, Wesley Fofana, Caglar Soyuncu, Jonny Evans, Ricardo Pereira, Timothy Castagne, Christian Fuchs

Midfielders: Youri Tielemans, James Maddison, Marc Albrighton, Harvey Barnes, Daniel Amartey, Hamza Choudhury, Papy Mendy, Wilfred Ndidi, Dennis Praet

Forwards: Jamie Vardy, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ayoze Perez, Cengiz Under

List B

Jakub Stolarczyk, Luke Thomas, Shane Flynn, Ben Nelson, Ethan Fitzhugh, Khanya Leshabela, Sidnei Tavares, Callum Wright, Tyrese Shade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twister said:

I think its unrealistic to expect the team to go far in both the facup the europa and the league all at once

massive rotation will still be needed

QF of both was my expectation before the start of the season, beyond that, it's down to the luck of the draw, an how we perform on the day, that target still has a good possibility.

45 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

They haven't lost a league game this season and beat leverkusen in the EL at their place. Their best player is sima who plays up top or on the right so with todays news, it could be a tough game out there. 

Plus the fact it is likely to be very cold. Bit surprised this match hasn't been moved too. Their covid rate is very high and Germany have just closed the border with them.

• Like 1