Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tielemans - Ndidi - Maddison

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

People will laugh but Izzet was consistent and consistency is the key. At the minute, Maddison has one good game then three games where he isn't in it, which is probably why he doesn't get in the England squad.

Injury returnee...I will be reassesing Maddisons staying Power & consistency-potential, as late as Late Febuary, After hes got more games in those  legs...

At present, hes doing ok, shows occasionally he has that higher Quality  in him....Not is Not a m/c like Ndidi,but then again who is..!!

I am still trying to find a Set up, where  we could fit in..Ndidi-Tielemans-Praet-Maddison...Meshing in Justin(Ricardo) & Castagna.FBs pacing.along The flanks.

Then a turn-around/rotation of  Vardy-Barnes-Under-Perez

Cover or chosen games along/through the lines would be...

Thomas,Albrighton,Mendy,Nacho,Fuchs, Amartey,Morgan,Choudhury,( Maybe later Evans)..

Next season (Maybe January) those calls will be different..

Edited by fuchsntf

I agree that these are our best midfield three I have seen.

Strangely , all three have been harangued on Foxes Bleat (the reality of this forum for some).  Maddison seems to be scapegoat of the moment.

I want to see all three on the first post of the match thread as often as possible.

3 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think Lennon is more like Tielemens than Izzet.

Ndidi and Savage the destroyers.

Lennon Tielemens the dictators.

Izzet And Madders the goal getters and creativity with box to box running.

Ndidi miles above Savage.

Youri and Lennon, very close. Both quality and key to us.

Izzet miles better than Madders. Better all round player.

Good comparisons.

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Good comparisons.

Yeah think there very close except Wilf is the best CDM by a mile in both squads. Kante wasn’t in either though 🤪.

But Izzet and Lennon were both as good as we’ve ever had. I think people seem to not rate these 2 because of where we are now but make no mistake they are as good as anything we have now.

The reason we are slightly above the 8-10th range we were then is due to having a slightly younger and faster defence and more depth at the back and also a world class striker.

We always had hard working but limited(Claraige Fenton and even Heskey in terms of goals)or past their best strikers(Cottee and Collymore) as we had JV right through this era.

13 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

The single key reason we are a good team and not an average team is right here.

100% correct. 

This trio is where we make teams pay. Vardy is Vardy but these 3 (+ our fullbacks) are the main reason teams park the bus against us. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Yes, they did, the game totally changed once Pogba came on.

We could do with a big unit of a box to box centre mid to use in that kind of situation.

Sorry, I still disagree but I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Epitomic memory of Pogba on Saturday was him lazily pointing as Perez got the ball out wide and then back to cross for our equalizer.

Edited by NaijaFox

Tielemans Ndidi and Maddison are the best three midfielders on paper.  On the pitch, I honestly think, most of the time we look a better team with Praet on the pitch but it's difficult to know exactly where to play him.  Praet is probably closer to Tielemans in terms of style of play, but I wouldn't play Praet instead of Tielemans.  Maddison would probably be the one to drop out but then we'd lose creativity.  Difficult one.

What is for sure is that with Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Praet and Mendy, we have great strength in depth.  For all the comparison of midfields through the generations, we have never had a stronger midfield squad.

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Injury returnee...I will be reassesing Maddisons staying Power & consistency-potential, as late as Late Febuary, After hes got more games in those  legs...

At present, hes doing ok, shows occasionally he has that higher Quality  in him....

There are always those who will question the place of a 'luxury' player - they did when Hoddle played for England. He wasn't considered hard-working enough.

Maddison has all the attributes of a fine football player - technical ability par excellence, vision, guile, he works and he is a leader.

It's up to BR to make all that work for the team, and up to Maddison and Tielemans to complement each other. Another England analogy was the 'Lampard and Gerrard can't be in the team together', but how could either of two players of such ability be left out of the team?

It's not yet a critical problem, especially having exhibited dominance in the Spurs game and resilience in the United game. Patience and creativity are necessary to maximise the potential of the extremely talented squad City have assembled.

10 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Tielemans Kante Izzet

That 3 wins the league. X

Nice and sentimental post but does it really when you add to the what they have to deal with these days? 

Mane Firminio Salah

That 3 wins the league.  X  (who needs midfielders when if you're Salah you can pick the ball.up from halfway, run 20 yards then angle in un opposed and curl one top left and still score even if the keeper, me and the whole world knows where he's going to put it!!!)

I'm currently enjoying Tielemans alongside Ndidi, playing deeper than last season. It avoids Ndidi being targeted in possession, and Tielemans in more of a "quarterback" role, utilising his fantastic vision and footballing intelligence. 

It also allows Maddison to play in more of a 10 role, where he's far better suited in my opinion. Last season playing as an 8 meant he tried to tackle more and play deeper at times, for which I don't think he has the physicality. I think his attempts to do so may have contributed to his injuries*. He should be turning the opposition, making key passes, and shooting from around the penalty box, not in our own half. 

As others have stated, we do lack some physicality, or athleticism, in midfield  other than Ndidi. Though someone madea great point earlier that the back 4 last season pushed up more allowing the midfield to play further forwards.

I don't think we have quite found the balance between the midfield and the forwards yet, though I do like Maddison in the 10 role, with 2 wider attackers, behind Vardy.

Currently Albrighton, while contributing in defence and providing plenty of width (when Justin at right back seems to be playing narrower to give more defensive cover), he doesn't contribute enough in and around the box, with either assists or goals. Ünder has shown glimpses of what he can do, if we can get him running at defences, providing assists and goals consistently, then he and Barnes on the left could be extremely effective. If not Ünder, then another signing?

The other flaw in our attack currently seems to be when teams defend deep denying any space in behind for Vardy. That's when I like Perez playing in the 10 role where he's good with his back to goal playing in  the other attackers. Iheanacho does too, though he always looks just a bit clumsy.

*Incidentally, I've often wondered if the attempts to make Wilshere a "Pirlo" type, playing deeper in midfield for Arsenal and England, had a similar affect on him. He'd often make crazy challenges in midfield to "compete" and more often than not, injure himself. His physique and skill set suggested 10 was his more effective position.

I think the Lennon, Savage, Muzzy combination worked better as a trio as they all had their own roles and were very good at them and worked well together. 

The current trio undoubtedly are way more talented however I'm not sure they work as well together as a team. Madders and Youri seem to take it in turns to play well. I can't remember the last time I saw a game where they both played really well together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gwyn said:

Nice and sentimental post but does it really when you add to the what they have to deal with these days? 

Mane Firminio Salah

That 3 wins the league.  X  (who needs midfielders when if you're Salah you can pick the ball.up from halfway, run 20 yards then angle in un opposed and curl one top left and still score even if the keeper, me and the whole world knows where he's going to put it!!!)

Was kinda a little joke. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

If we’re being serious the current three is very very good and certainly amongst the best we’ve ever had. They also compliment each other very well. If we could keep them together for a few more years they’d be frighteningly good. For me Tielemans and Wilf are currently slightly above Maddison. I’d still put Kante above Wilf, for me he is truly world class and the best midfielder we’ve ever had. I’d still put Izzet above Maddison for now. Maddison has the potential to move above him but hasn’t quite produced the numbers just yet. Izzet got I think 14 assists in one season which is phenomenal. Also until Maddison scores a worldly overhead kick against Grimsby he’ll always be second best haha. 

Exciting times either way and we’re blessed to have the team we do right now and I hope none of us take it for granted. 

Got me thinking what would be best team of players I’ve actually seen in my lifetime. Probably something like.....

Flowers

Ricardo Huth Elliott Fuchs

Kante

Mahrez Cambiasso Izzet Guppy

Vardy

Guppy might just be in there on sentiment but we was a lovely player and had a smashing face. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

• 1 month later...

I for one was critical of Madison and Teilemans in the same team. They looked like they got in each others way, but adding in Ndidi makes them tick as they should. Ndidi is so integral to this team, Madison's form since Ndidi returned tells you what you need to know. Players can play without inhibition knowing that they have cover behind. The vision of YT and JM is fantastic, we really need to keep hold of these guys for a while. If we can keep them fit (with the rest of the squad) for a full season, we will be pushing for another title not just for Europe. 

What a time to be a Leicester fan!! Unbelievable.