Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tielemans - Ndidi - Maddison

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

That midfield trio has produced the best football I've ever seen City play. Cant think of a better 3 other than Liverpool & MCFC. Possibly Chelsea with Kante, Kovacic & Mount.

Many like to dig out Ayoze Perez but he is much more technically savvy than Albrighton. Get Perez back in. Get Ricardo & Soyuncu fit again. And we are in business once again. 

I still doubt this ream's mental fragility but they can pass teams off the field and completely outplay them. 

Can't argue with that. Best midfield three I've ever seen in my lifetime of watching Leicester City. 

• Like 2

I don't think we've had a more skilful midfield than this group.

My worry isn't so much mental strength but physical strength - there is a lack of physicality except Ndidi.

Liverpool bullied our midfield, and many of the goals that we've conceded this season have come from the ball being turned over in central midfield, and sides taking advantage of our high line. 

Yesterday, Fred and Pogba took control in central midfield, allowing Fernandes to play a free role. 

I'm a supporter of playing all 3 players together but I think our balance against the certain sides would be better if we had Choudhury alongside Ndidi, with Tielemans and Maddison playing further forward. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vulpine Victor said:

You obviously never watched Weller, Birchenall and Sammels. If they had played on the pitches we have today with the protection refs now give they would have been the equal.

Well yes. I obviously didn't....lol

2 minutes ago, Vulpine Victor said:

You obviously never watched Weller, Birchenall and Sammels. If they had played on the pitches we have today with the protection refs now give they would have been the equal.

Those 3 midfielders with 4 England caps between them (all Weller). With respect, Tielemans has 30+ caps for one of the best countries in the world. Although Weller might come close, the current midfield are all on another level to the other two. 

• Sad 1

The weakness is defensively against teams with physicality or mobility/running power. Having Ndidi back helps a lot in that regard but we can still be susceptible as Tielemans/Maddison have zero athleticism/physicality about them.

Our best football last year stemmed from having our defence pushed right up and allowing Maddison and Tielemans to operate higher up. Wonder if we will see that again once Soyuncu comes back, possibly partnering Fofana.

• Like 2

Both Tielemans and especially Maddison lack physical power. Maddison goes down at the slightest touch and in my opinion we are a little lightweight in midfield. Tielemans will definitely improve as he seems to run the show - even playing against good sides . whereas Maddison seems to be a "flat track "bullly"....) that mostly does well against lesser sides.

On the other hand Ndidi is a beast.

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 3

Now. This is difficult. These are the best footballers I've ever seen for us in terms of ability, hands down. 

However, Lennon, Izzet, and Savage controlled games much better. They weren't as good in the pass and didn't skip by players but that midfield dominated games and forced more talented individuals into playing different games. 

Current midfield is more talented but not as nearly as intelligent as Oniells. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

That midfield trio has produced the best football I've ever seen City play. Cant think of a better 3 other than Liverpool & MCFC. Possibly Chelsea with Kante, Kovacic & Mount.

Many like to dig out Ayoze Perez but he is much more technically savvy than Albrighton. Get Perez back in. Get Ricardo & Soyuncu fit again. And we are in business once again. 

I still doubt this ream's mental fragility but they can pass teams off the field and completely outplay them. 

I like Perez. He is better technically, but Albrighton has more football smarts.

Horses for courses.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd love Izzet in this side over Maddison

People will laugh but Izzet was consistent and consistency is the key. At the minute, Maddison has one good game then three games where he isn't in it, which is probably why he doesn't get in the England squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1