Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2021 Deathlist

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/20/jim-steinman-dies-hitmaker-meat-loaf-celine-dion

"Jim Steinman, the Grammy-winning composer who wrote Meat Loaf’s bestselling Bat Out Of Hell debut album as well as hits for Celine Dion, Air Supply and Bonnie Tyler, has died, his brother said. He was 73".

One day you're like a bat out of hell, next day you can't see paradise by the dashboard light anymore.... :( 

7 hours ago, Rain King said:

Bleddyn Jones has died. 😢

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

As well as being very sad, this has wrong footed me a bit as I actually met him last week, and only realised afterwards who he was.

Seemed like a genuinely nice person, very friendly

The nicest, most humble person I've met and worked with in media/sport.

He had a habit at the end of games of saying "And the referee blows up for full time" at which point down the line in his headphones I would occasionally make an explosion noise.

You could hear the chuckle in his voice but he carried on like the total pro he was.

Such a sad day. A genuinely lovely man x

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56921562

Michael Collins gone aged 90. Currently reading A Man on the Moon by Andrew Chaikin and have just got through the Apollo 11 section. Absolutely extraordinary what these guys did. 

Apologies, missed your post. Chaikin's book is in my view one of the the definitive accounts of the inception and the execution of the Apollo programme - but its strength is the way that it brilliantly recounts the lives, personalities and the experiences of the astronauts involved. It served as the basis for the excellent HBO series, 'From the Earth to The Moon' which was also a spin off from the Apollo 13 movie. 

Mike Collins' 'Carrying the Fire' is perhaps the best astronaut autobiography. Witty and in parts acerbic - you can't help but be struck by the honesty, integrity and modesty of the author. 

Still with us today - Cunningham (Apollo 7),  Anders & Bormann (Apollo 8), Schweickart & McDivitt (Apollo 9), Stafford (Apollo 10), Aldrin (Apollo 11), Lovell (Apollo 8 & 13), Hayes (Apollo 13), Scott (Apollo 9 &15), Duke and Mattingly (Apollo 16) and Schmitt (Apollo 17).

On 28/04/2021 at 11:59, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The nicest, most humble person I've met and worked with in media/sport.

He had a habit at the end of games of saying "And the referee blows up for full time" at which point down the line in his headphones I would occasionally make an explosion noise.

You could hear the chuckle in his voice but he carried on like the total pro he was.

Such a sad day. A genuinely lovely man x

:(

do you know what happened?