Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2021 Deathlist

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

One of those who you thought would be around forever. I can hear his voice now. RIP. 

Have you considered psychiatric help?

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Milo said:

Top bloke - 97 is a fair old innings.

He was a visiting guest speaker on one of the ships I was working on - So we obviously went out and bought a couple of huge Scalextric sets and set them up in the crew bar and then asked if he'd come down and commentate on us racing. He was more than happy and we had a couple of fairly unforgettable (and surreal) evenings!

Absolute gentleman.   

Obviously! :) What an amazing thing to have done, and what a memory to have. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Marvelous Marvin Hagler has died, only 66.

Sad. Really was as good as it got. Pound for pound he could well have been the best ever. 

And Tony Sibson got in the ring with him!. 6 or so creditable rounds. Obvs in those days, punters didnt travel to the states in any numbers. Fight was beamed back live to the odeon cinema 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Sad. Really was as good as it got. Pound for pound he could well have been the best ever. 

And Tony Sibson got in the ring with him!. 6 or so creditable rounds. Obvs in those days, punters didnt travel to the states in any numbers. Fight was beamed back live to the odeon cinema 

image.png.de04aad04a4bf183a28a925481939499.png

• Like 3

Just reading that Martin Johnson (not THE Martin Johnson) has died. 

Covered the County and Tigers for donkeys years at the mercury The Bill Anderson  equivalent. Except Martin was intelligent.

I remember having a jig and huddle with him in front of the pavilion when county won the championship in 96

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Sad 1

On 14/03/2021 at 09:24, Izzy said:

Gutted about Hagler. Probably my favourite fighter as a kid. Those bouts against, Hearns, Duran & Sugar Ray Leonard were golden times for boxing.

I still think it was a travesty Sugar Ray Leonard got the decision when the 2 met, Hagler was on the front foot the whole fight.

As you say, a golden era for boxing, some great fights, Thomas the hit man Hearns was my favourite back then. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I still think it was a travesty Sugar Ray Leonard got the decision when the 2 met, Hagler was on the front foot the whole fight.

As you say, a golden era for boxing, some great fights, Thomas the hit man Hearns was my favourite back then. 

That Hagler v Hearns first round was possibly the best round of championship boxing ever. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sabine Schmitz, German racing driver. She used to come on Top Gear in UK quite a bit. 

Only 51 :(

Wasn't aware she had cancer, only just found out from reading about her death.

3 hours ago, String fellow said:

Leeds United's Peter Lorimer was famous for the power of his long-range shooting, a bit like Alan Hinton was for Derby County. At one time, Lorimer practised his art during the warm-ups to matches. I can't imagine this happening nowadays. 

I now have an image of him on the pitch, 5 minutes before kick-off, with his easel, brushes and watercolours...

Remember him well from childhood - renowned in the playground for supposedly having the hardest shot in the game (70mph, boys reckoned, though not sure this was based on anything). 

• Haha 2