Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2021 Deathlist

16 minutes ago, Buce said:

I love reading your posts; even though I'm too dumb to understand them, I always come away thinking I've learned something.

Have you ever considered selling used cars?

"What do I 'ave to do to get you in this beauty today? Only ten careful previous owners guv' - 90,000clicks, first to see will buy - you know you want to - all original. Tell you wot,  I'll get on the blower to the gaffer - for you, manager's special"

used4-crop.jpg.c1d2baede80b2bd0d262f22a22fc371e.jpg

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

"What do I 'ave to do to get you in this beauty today? Only ten careful previous owners guv' - 90,000clicks, first to see will buy - you know you want to - all original. Tell you wot,  I'll get on the blower to the gaffer - for you, manager's special"

used4-crop.jpg.c1d2baede80b2bd0d262f22a22fc371e.jpg

I don't appreciate this lol

5 hours ago, Line-X said:

I hadn't seen this. Absolute pioneer - even though it took him to the brink of insanity. 

'There should be one thousand five hundred versions of dat riddim' - Thanks to you, there are!

RIP Lee Perry :(:(

Edited by thursday_next
spelling
  • Like 1

No fan of GA. Cancer takes so many young women. Still sad to hear because she's a name I know and that's true of any "famous" person who dies.

I feel more upset by the death of my neighbour from C. She was 42. Two young children under 10 yrs old.

No-one lives forever, people.

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

No fan of GA. Cancer takes so many young women. Still sad to hear because she's a name I know and that's true of any "famous" person who dies.

I feel more upset by the death of my neighbour from C. She was 42. Two young children under 10 yrs old.

Heartbreaking, mate.

Nobody deserves it.

When it happens to celebs, it's no less sad, but let's hope it raises awareness.

Check regularly and don't ignore that little change in your body. Get it checked out.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Sorry to hear someone you know passed so young.

I think its a thing in this country to comment on celebs dying. It goes without saying we'd all be more upset about people we know dying, but that doesn't mean can't talk about celebs dying too. We recently had a whole thread about Sean Lock dying from this awful disease. Was I more upset about that than when a guy I worked with for nearly a decade died of cancer at a similar age to Lock? No. Did I comment on Lock's death. Yes.

As @tom27111says hopefully someone high profile dying so young raises awareness, much like it did when Jade Goody died. I couldn't stand her, but it was sad to see a young mum in her late twentys die of cancer. 

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Sorry to hear someone you know passed so young.

I think its a thing in this country to comment on celebs dying. It goes without saying we'd all be more upset about people we know dying, but that doesn't me can't talk about celebs dying too. We recently had a whole thread about Sean Lock dying from this awful disease. Was I more upset about that than when a guy I worked with for nearly a decade died of cancer at a similar age to Lock? No. Did I comment on Lock's death. Yes.

As @tom27111says hopefully someone high profile dying so young raises awareness, much like it did when Jade Goody died. I couldn't stand her, but it was sad to see a young mum in her late twentys die of cancer. 

Spot on.

It's an absolute cvnt of an illness. 

My father in law is living with it. Won't be cured, but treatment is prolonging his life.

I'm sure it's affected at least 99% of people on here in one way or another.

Life is short enough without cancer taking people so young.

If someone gets themselves in to the doctors and catches it early, so it's treatable, I'm sure celebrities families would take some comfort from that.

Obviously that isn't possible in all cases, but even giving a few quid to charity to help research is better than nothing.

• Like 1

Desperately sad news about Sarah Harding. So young, what a dreadful disease.

Many years ago, Girls Aloud did a gig in Leicester (one of the universities) when they were new-ish to the industry. Got chatting backstage with a woman. Turned out to be Sarah's mum. Said my daughter was a fan and she asked for my address. Heard nothing for ages, assumed she'd forgotten which is fine, she must get asked all the time, then one day a lovely signed pic of the girls turned up. Sadly, she didn't include any contact details so I couldn't thank her. She must be going through hell right now.

• Like 3

Most may not have heard of John Meadows aka 'Mountain Dog' who was a pro body builder and died this week. He was 49 (a year older than me) and had his colon removed in 2005 (a year after me).

He was a bit of an inspiration to me and others and was a genuinely nice bloke in an industry full of ego maniacs.

RIP John

John Meadows Case - Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Michael K Williams of Omar (The Wire) fame just been found dead in his apartment. Suspected drug overdose at 54. Tragic. Don't think he's ever been poor in anything. 

Just about to post this, absolutely loved him in Boardwalk Empire