Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2021 Deathlist

I hate it when people say...."I once met so and so famous at a charity dinner...." but I once met Walter Smith at a charity dinner.

He was absolutely charming and spent most of the night propped up at the bar with Neil Lennon. It was around 2010/11 and I think we was Rangers Manager at the time and Lennon was at Celtic. Despite the hatred between Celtic and Rangers, they were like best mates laughing and joking together all evening. It was lovely to see and made me realise that it's only a game at the end of the day...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I hate it when people say...."I once met so and so famous at a charity dinner...." but I once met Walter Smith at a charity dinner.

He was absolutely charming and spent most of the night propped up at the bar with Neil Lennon. It was around 2010/11 and I think we was Rangers Manager at the time and Lennon was at Celtic. Despite the hatred between Celtic and Rangers, they were like best mates laughing and joking together all evening. It was lovely to see and made me realise that it's only a game at the end of the day...

It really is just a game. When you consider how bitter the rivalry between him and Tommy Burns was yet he carried Tommy's coffin at his funeral....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

When a popular family entertainer passed away, the BBC seemingly had Lionel Blair on speed dial or hauled him in to the studio to share some tributes, memories and anecdotes. You can picture a producer on News 24 last night reacting at the news "can someone get hold of Lionel Blai...shit!"

17 minutes ago, Line-X said:

When a popular family entertainer passed away, the BBC seemingly had Lionel Blair on speed dial or hauled him in to the studio to share some tributes, memories and anecdotes. You can picture a producer on News 24 last night reacting at the news "can someone get hold of Lionel Blai...shit!"

They've got Biggins on stand-by