Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2021 Deathlist

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sad to hear...Broke Leicester Hearts on many occasions, as a Arsenal & L'pool player..

even having Arsenal ,A Player I just enjoyed watching & only 17 caps...

RIP After an hard last 30 years...

I was only saying early to a mate that he was my favourite Liverpool player of that era followed by Jimmy Case, they did have a cracking squad 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Just reading his wiki says showed signs of Parkinson’s in the early 70s so when around 21-22 so yeah very young.

Another bit which is quite sad 

“His life after football was difficult, as he had to deal with the effects of Parkinson's, the loss of his business, and the breakdown of his 15-year marriage. He remained reliant on charity to fund his medical expenses, and was forced to sell his medal collection and caps in 1993.”

Those players in that era, especially those like Ray that were top of their game must feel so jealous of the footballer of today where even a pretty bang average player is pretty much set for life.

That is often the worst and most heartbreaking parts of these stories. No way should any player be forced to sell medals and caps they've worked so hard to earn.

• Like 3

Sad news about Jethro. I remember his tale about going to New Zealand and ordering a full English breakfast. The waitress says “sorry sir but we’ve got no bacon”

”NO BACON!!” says Jethro. “In a country with 60 million sheep!!??”

:D