Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Qwerty

Does anyone think there’s anything in the Brendan rumours?

None of us know what's going on inside his head. Nobody can say he will or won't. 

He would cost a fortune to buy out but Chelsea could afford it, Arsenal, maybe not so much. 

In short, it's anyone's guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I genuinely don’t think they would pay his compensation.... it must be colossal.... he won’t go anyway, Chelsea is a short term shit show and arsenal...... well, arsenal are shite. 

Agree about Arsenal of course

But that Chelsea squad could be pretty sensational if they ever click 

• Like 1

I think Brendan is just lacking something to be a very top level coach, maybe he will learn it given more time. I reckon it would be a mistake to move on now as he could be on the cusp of something here that takes him up a level. I think if he can won something here he can consider himself an elite manager, before then a tad risky as at a big club, as Brendan hopefully knows things can quickly go downhill. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

48 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I hope we don't offer him a better deal. He's on a handsome wage as it is and we can't up it everytime he gets linked with a different job

Instead of paying players over 150k we can just have one overpaid manager.

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Instead of paying players over 150k we can just have one overpaid manager.

I think he probably is a little overpaid. Can understand why the club gave him it after the start we made last season but it fell apart after that

Genuinely think if Brendan was Italian, German or Spanish he’d be at an Arsenal or Chelsea by now. Had we got him from 1 of those countries and he was doing like he is now - extremely well he’d of gone. Imo it’s a bonus for us he’s British. When was the last time Arsenal or Chelsea hired a British coach? Apart from Lampard who only got the job as being arguably their greatest player and 1 season at derby. 

The fact that Tuchel has come available probably helps us. Bound to go to one of them. 

Whilst we’re improving the squad, playing well and showing ambition, I don’t know why he would even think about leaving so for me it’s all just paper talk. 

Rodgers is just the hot topic due to our current league position. It's lazy media work. I am sure the clubs will look in to a lot more than just where we are currently. BR is bringing the best out of most of the squad but there's still that dark cloud over the end of last season. Not so much with the final outcome, but the way in which BR was helpless to stop the crumble.

For me, i don't think the 'big clubs' will touch him. That's before they even worry about how much he will actually cost them and of course if he even wanted to go.

I'd hate to lose Brendan. The players love him and thus far he's done a brilliant job.

Obviously with how tight it is in the league he's only a couple of defeats away from coming under pressure from us lot, but for me I don't think we could realistically ask for better.

Really hope he stays on for another couple of years at least. Can see him being snapped up eventually.

Arteta is managing Arsenal and Lampard is managing Chelsea. There are currently no

iobs available. 
The media like to bring up how bad they are doing but both teams are still in Europe, Chelsea are 3 points off a Champions League spot and Arsenal are only 3 points further back. Arteta also won an FA Cup. Neither is getting sacked any time soon.

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

He's got ideas above us. That's a fact. A chance comes along for one of the big boys he takes it 

I always liked the line from a corny but favourite song of mine "Son' I've made a living out of watching peoples faces". I'm as capable of anyone of cynical thoughts and football's a cynical business. I always tried to forget cynical thoughts and trusted people until they proved otherwise . It almost always paid off and I'm sure my life was more enjoyable because of this so I tried never to stop doing it.A cynical thought may occasionally be proved correct but IMO publishing it is never good for either party. 

• Like 1

I always think he looks like he loves it here. He's got a fantastic young squad. He's on £100k a week and works for probably the best owners in the league. Out of all 20 premier league managers, his position is probably the most secure of all of them. We've just moved into a in incredible new training facility.

Brendan, if you're reading son, don't do a..MIZ6HRFC4VBWLOOAZEB366XJEI.thumb.jpg.932980f2f8f3ac40cffc9d8f666b6328.jpg

I never put too much stock into rumours about managers replacing other managers before the latter has even been sacked yet. 

What are the chances that anyone has that kinda info much less someone who is willing to whore it out on Twitter for likes...

It’s a tricky situation for Rodgers. 

We took a massive nose-dive last season and missed out on Top 4. This isn’t too dissimilar to the way Liverpool crumbled when they could’ve won the league under him.

Right now he has us at a point where we look good and we’re high up in the table. If we stay where we are and then drop off again, his stock could well fall in the eyes of potential suitors. If he gets us to a Champions League place, he will clearly attract attention (as well as us wanting to retain him).

It’s a crucial point in his career and could be a real ‘make or break’ situation as to how his career pans out over the next 5-10 years. 

Rinse and repeat for him if he leaves to Arsenal or Chelsea though, with much less forgiveness and higher expectations. 

Be gutted if he did but I don’t think he will. He’s said himself many times he likes going to places where he can  go in and help progress a club. He’s only (relatively speaking) just started at Leicester and it’s clear the club can go on another few levels, especially with him at the helm.

Going to Chelsea would only be a project of putting them where they’re expected to be. Getting Leicester to the same level, consistently, that he’d be expected to get Chelsea would be a far bigger feather in his cap for his future career.

not dissapointed he his being rumoured to other clubs as shows he’s doing well.. I hope rumours continue